Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: A favor to ask concerning Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Please yell at me or ToF if you find one here- we are the self-appointed spoiler people and we are trying to keep a lid on it to not spoil people who do not want to be spoiled......so on that note, stay out of the spoiler thread.

(I started the last book discussion thread and I wanted to do it..this...last...time *sob*)
    The spoilers I'm concerned about are the ones that may show up in some nincompoops avatar or sig, or like Nancy mentioned, someone creating a new username that is also a spoiler.

There are some unlucky souls that wont be able to read the book for several weeks (yes me ). I have a final to finish at the end of the month and then a trip to DL. I am so afraid that I will know the ending before I even open my Barnes and Noble box.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Don't worry, most of the mods on this site are big fans of the books so we will also be keeping an eye out.

Spoilers are great, but just make sure you don't post it in the title. Don't name the thread

"Harry Potter (did something specific) in book number 7" or something like that.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Although I too am looking forward to this book, i am AMAZED by the hype all of this is....just wow.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Shablagoo!

I'd love to read some of the stories about the hype, but I'm too scared I might hit a spoiler, so this thread is like the only Harry Potter thread I'll visit. I'm not even watching the news until I read the book.

• Still lost in Neverland

The only thing I saw on the news tonight was that many pages of the book have been posted to the internet along with pictures of the receiving areas of some Barnes & Noble bookstores with stacks of boxes from Scholastic with big banners saying DO NOT OPEN until July 21st and these idiots are waving copies of the book and talking about the endings. The news reports blurred the book page images so as not to give anything away and kept the sound off on the videos. They also said the Police are activily searching for these people who posted the images and made the videos. Barnes & Noble made a statement that just because the images had the back room shown it didn't mean they were employees.

The reporter then went on to say that the release of this book is the biggest event in modern book publishing history. There has never been anything like the anticipation and security for a book release before.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The only thing I saw on the news tonight was that many pages of the book have been posted to the internet along with pictures of the receiving areas of some Barnes & Noble bookstores with stacks of boxes from Scholastic with big banners saying DO NOT OPEN until July 21st and these idiots are waving copies of the book and talking about the endings. The news reports blurred the book page images so as not to give anything away and kept the sound off on the videos. They also said the Police are activily searching for these people who posted the images and made the videos. Barnes & Noble made a statement that just because the images had the back room shown it didn't mean they were employees.

The reporter then went on to say that the release of this book is the biggest event in modern book publishing history. There has never been anything like the anticipation and security for a book release before.
    I hope they find those people, arrest them and .... THROW the book at them!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I'm scared to roll out my toilet paper now too! What if it's written there within the role!
    The anticipation is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    Although I too am looking forward to this book, i am AMAZED by the hype all of this is....just wow.
    Isn't it great? All of this over a book! How fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Barnes & Noble made a statement that just because the images had the back room shown it didn't mean they were employees.
    All the BNs (I work there) were given a memo on how to handle the books and the media. If we cannot lock the books in a room, we are to shrink wrap the books and cover them. The employees are not even allowed to take a picture of Mt. Potter. The boxes are to be kept taped up until midnight. The boxes can be moved to the front closer to midnight but most remain taped.

The managers and receivers must sign this memo and send back. I can tell you that my store is doing all that the publisher has asked. Too bad other stores are not.

• Former Epcot CM

Well said.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    The employees are not even allowed to take a picture of Mt. Potter.

That's kinda crazy
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    That's kinda crazy
    Tell me about it! My husband wanted a family picture in front of Mt. Potter in our costumes. My receiver at the store is pretty strict, so I don't think he'll let me. Maybe if I could get someone to create a deversion, we can sneek in there at get a picture. I did that last time, but this time they are very strict.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123