Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

A favor to ask concerning Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Hi Micechatters, I have a favor to ask. As you probably know, the last Harry Potter book comes out this Saturday. This will be the book that decides Harry's fate. The debate is whether Harry lives or dies and who else will die. What I would like to ask of all of you is to please don't post spoilers in the thread titles. I heard of one site (not this one) where a chatter posted the main spoil of book 6 in his/her title. Another person signed up to join a chat page and his/her name was the spoiler.

Spoiler
    The name was: SnapekillsDumbledore.

So please, be considerate of others when it comes to this book. I know that 99% of you would never do anything mean like that. But maybe 1% would think it was funny.

I know I could stop visiting MiceChat until I am done with the book, but I love this site and don't want to lose my link to all things Disney, even for a week!

• Shablagoo!

Re: A favor to ask concerning Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I'm with you 100%. Its gotten to be where people will just blurt things out, or post something to be funny.

I'm hoping that the news media does not talk about the ending of the book, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am staying away from MiceChat, from the time that I pick up the book, until I finish reading it. I am a pretty fast reader, so that should just be the weekend.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I agree!

i already stumbled upon TWO big spoilers and don't want to see any more, you know.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

For those of us who "work" here and can't stay away, please please don't try to be a sneaky you-know-what and ruin it accidentally on purpose. That's not cool.
    A signature should go here.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I agree!

i already stumbled upon TWO big spoilers and don't want to see any more, you know.

Which spoilers- we are trying to hide them all so no one can trip over them. We don't want anyone to get "spoiled" by accident

• DL Nerd

VADER is Luke's... Ermmm .. wrong topic.....
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• I'll pencil this in later

I 100% agree.. I have already stumbled upon some spoilers, as someone has said above, and i dont want to stumble across anymore! :[

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Which spoilers- we are trying to hide them all so no one can trip over them. We don't want anyone to get "spoiled" by accident
    Exactly. I think we have all of the spoilers contained, but if we don't, let us know.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post

ha ha, you would ask which, lol if you really want to know you can pm me but other then that, my mouth is sealed.

and no worries, it was a stupid mistake on MY part and it wasn't on here. i guess i deserved it really, lol

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Well, just to make an urgent announcement, I HIGHLY suggest that nobody does an Internet search for anything including "Harry Potter" or any part of the title of the book. A simple Internet search for the book title results in spoilers in the very first search result. I ask everyone who wants to remain unspoiled to steer clear and be wary of the Internet for the next few days because there are going to be people that will be getting kicks out of ruining the book for others. Also, please steer COMPLETELY clear of the marked spoilers thread, even though I think we have everything contained in tags there.

• Minion

Blog Entries

thats why i got spoiled, lol Dang it yahoo!

• Man O Lantern

I'm going on media black out soon, I think. I noticed you can't read yahoo news without it linking to 10 spoiler sites!! Bah!!

No spoilers!! Seriously!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    I 100% agree.. I have already stumbled upon some spoilers, as someone has said above, and i dont want to stumble across anymore! :[

Please yell at me or ToF if you find one here- we are the self-appointed spoiler people and we are trying to keep a lid on it to not spoil people who do not want to be spoiled......so on that note, stay out of the spoiler thread.

(I started the last book discussion thread and I wanted to do it..this...last...time *sob*)

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Well, just to make an urgent announcement, I HIGHLY suggest that nobody does an Internet search for anything including "Harry Potter" or any part of the title of the book. A simple Internet search for the book title results in spoilers in the very first search result. I ask everyone who wants to remain unspoiled to steer clear and be wary of the Internet for the next few days because there are going to be people that will be getting kicks out of ruining the book for others. Also, please steer COMPLETELY clear of the marked spoilers thread, even though I think we have everything contained in tags there.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Now I can steer clear of spoilers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast