Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• in technicolor!

Re: How Was Your Harry Potter DH Weekend?

All right, so we decided to make Friday "Harry Potter Day". We started off by seeing OotP in Hollywood.

The sign in the front. I forgot to look for the trio's handprints. *kicks self in the face*

Did someone say Harry Potter Scene It?! I was so proud I could finally answer questions!!

The group then headed over to the scene of the big party. It was kind of fun because this B&N only opened about three weeks ago close to my house.

Group E

The little brother trying to catch up!

We ended up getting some refreshments called "Wizard's Potion"...yeah. They tasted like soap.

Yay for Hedwig!!

12:20am...It's here!

The party was really fun. I didn't see any costumes that were really great, but it was kind of cool to see everyone in their Hogwarts uniforms. I met a family there which consisted of a Mom and three little girls. One was dressed like Crookshanks. It was adorable! She said she would be up that night reading the book aloud. Ohhh man. That's a cool Mom. Hahah.

I stayed up until about 3:30 reading that night and then until 9pm on Saturday. I was so exhausted afterward but in a good way. My other keepsake beside my book?? One of the boxes that the books came in. Hahahh. I asked the check-out girl if I could have one and at first she looked at me kind of weird and then she said "You want an empty box? Hey, that's actually a cool idea!! [to the guy taking the books out] Can she have a box? Yeah?! Save one for me too!" So now I have a box and nothing to do with it.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Exhausting.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Exhausting.

In a good way though right?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I went w/3 friends out to dinner first (Grand Lux, mmmm) and got to Borders at a little after 9. They told to wait outside until 9:30, when the festivities started (we hadn't pre-reserved. The others were supposed to come back at 11:30) But shortly before 9:30 a guy came out and said that we could just go in and get reserved wristbands. Sweet! I was #149.

It aws'nt very vrowded at all, not lots of costumes. They did the spelling bee, great Snape debate, costume contest... they had bertie's beans but the kids were pawing through them so I didn't take any. They raffled off first place in line and artwork of the 7th cover by the lady who drew it.

We did get accosted by Harry Potter and his friend once. It was hilarious. THey were picking on my friend Ian, who is a big guy, and he was playing right along, with their spells. Overall, it was pretty boring and long. It was hot and cramped when we got in line (50 plus people in one row of bookshelves) but it did'nt take TOO long - 12:42 and victory was mine!!
    here's me after I got back home:

And here's my HP "scar" from my sunburn:
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12