Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

Re: Just saw WICKED at the Pantages in Hollywood!!!

I got to see it in Phoenix with Megan (can't remember her last name) and Stephenie Block. It was both of their last show, so Galinda was WAY over the top! Congrats to you for seeing it! It's one of my favorites and will always be!

• Former Loiterer

I'm so excited! I have tickets for the matinee on 8/19 and I totally cannot wait! Yay! I just love this show...
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

• Disneyland Grandee

Quote Originally Posted by hebessica View Post
    I'm so excited! I have tickets for the matinee on 8/19 and I totally cannot wait! Yay! I just love this show...
    OMG - I'm going to that matinee too! Can't wait!!!!

So glad to loved it Janine - have fun at DL too!
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

My oldest son and I saw it at the MC Meet. It was amazing, I absolutely LOVED IT. My son enjoyed it immensely too. After going to Wicked Wednesdays at Universal my youngest son agreed to go see it with me I can't wait to see it again! Glad you enjoyed it so much

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• :]

I also saw it last night. (7/29) and it was AMAZING! It may be my new favorite. Well, Hairspray will always be my favorite but this is close second. . Too bad Eden's voice cracked during The Wizard and I. But other than that, she was amazing. Megan was also amazing.

• Man O Lantern

We looooove Wicked in our household. It's a big deal around here.

My husband and I saw it in New York, then I saw it at the Pantages with a huge group of MiceChatters two years ago, then three times last year when it came to Portland.

<---Wicked

I just love that more people are getting out to the theater. My husband loves Broadway plays, and it's nice that so many people are getting into it.

I'm glad you loved it Janene!! If it comes to the NW again, we're for sure going!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I think we have decent seats, but we're not sitting in the $150+ section as that seemed a bit pricey to me. We're both looking forward to it, and I'll post here again when we get back.
    We had $90 seats and they were great seats in the Pantages! Are you seeing it there? I thought our seats were great and we were in row UU!! (Those were the ONLY seats I could get when the show was only 3 weeks away.) You two will love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DizDee View Post
    OMG - I'm going to that matinee too! Can't wait!!!!

So glad to loved it Janine - have fun at DL too!
    Hi Jodie! I had a wonderful time at DL. (That was last week.) Today was back to reality with work! Boo-hiss! I want more So. Cal. fun and definitely more Wicked fun!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caligurleyx View Post
    I also saw it last night. (7/29) and it was AMAZING! It may be my new favorite. Well, Hairspray will always be my favorite but this is close second. . Too bad Eden's voice cracked during The Wizard and I. But other than that, she was amazing. Megan was also amazing.
    We saw it just a night apart! Too fun! I think Glinda was a total riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite of all time is Phantom (followed by Les Mis) but Wicked may have replaced Les Mis for #2! ha!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We looooove Wicked in our household. It's a big deal around here.

I just love that more people are getting out to the theater. My husband loves Broadway plays, and it's nice that so many people are getting into it.

I'm glad you loved it Janene!! If it comes to the NW again, we're for sure going!
    Luuuuuuuuuckkkkky Claire!!! I'd LOVE to see it in NYC! Wouldn't it be fun if it hits the NW if we could go see it together? I had NO idea I was missing something so outstanding when I missed it in Seattle. That darn ol' hindsight!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

All this Wicked talk is making me want to go buy more tickets and see it again!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I bought tickets for my mom and I (at Christmas) and we just went on the 22nd. I also wasn't sure about it & the first few songs didn't calm my worries, but after that I really got into it! I loved "Popular!" She was fabulous in it!
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

PC - I took my mom too. We went to MC meet earlier this year. I wasn't sure if she would like it but she LOVED IT.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Ravenclaw

I've seen it twice in L.A. and twice when it was on tour in San Diego. Megan Hilty, Carol Kane, and of course Eden Espinosa are fabulous!

On the first time I saw it in L.A. I met Stephen Schwartz, Eden, and her little doggie (who incidentally looks like a small Toto)

The 2nd time we (GapToothed and I) saw it, it was Megan Hilty's first show back from workshop for 9 to 5. We also saw Adam Wylie win the lottery (twice!), and got Eden, Megan, and John Rubenstein's signatures on our Playbills! My car got towed during the 1st act, so that would have been the only bummer for the show...
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

I love wicked as well. i have only seen it twice, first time was in L.A. when the tour cast came and it just blew me away, the elhapa in that particular production was Stephanie J. Block and so far she is my absolute favorite elphie. the second time was not to long ago, it was earlier this year, it was me, my brother, sister, niece, grandparent and mom and stepdad, and everyone enjoyed it and the person playing galinda, was hilerious, it was megan hilty. afterwards we went to the backstage area were we waited and met alot of people from the cast, including the actors who protrayed fieryo, boq, galinda, elphie, nessarose, and the wizard, unfortantely i did not get to see carol kane come out, i guess she takes another exit. i really would have loved to meet her, she is one of my favorite actresses. I really want to see this show again. but no money at the moment, but someday ill make it back to wicked!

• FuseMP

I've seen Wicked twice here in London and it is easily one of my favourite shows ever seen. I was lucky enough to see Idina Menzel in the role of Elphie the first time, and although I'm sure others are great, Idina is Elphie to me. The original UK cast also had a few well known british actors and Fieryo was played by the guy from Coyote Ugly.

Has anyone else read the book? It's actually very difficult to get into and a very different story than the musical, but it is also very enjoyable once the story gets going (basically when they get to Shiz).

I would love for someone like Disney to make Wicked into a proper movie musical production, done well it could be amazing. The soundtrack has some true musical gems on it although I don't know why Wicked Witch of the East is missing.

Just out of interest, who would people have as the leads if it were made into a movie, I would have to go with Idina Menzel, and I did prefer Helen Dallimore's performance as Galinda over Chenoweth's on the soundtrack (she sounds like a nanny in Popular and not a teenage girl).
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Ravenclaw

Well, seeing as how Universal was going to make Wicked a film before Marc Platt decided it would work best as a show, I'd say a film version is forthcoming.

But Idina? Her giant chin would fill the whole screen.

I'd like to see Stephanie J. Block or Eden Espinosa as Elphie, with Megan Hilty as Glinda.

Maybe Norbert Leo Butz as Fiyero and Adam Wylie as Boq?

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

OMG I Heart, I ca'nt believe I forgot to ask you... How did you like the guy who played Fieyro?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast