Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Just saw WICKED at the Pantages in Hollywood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    Well, seeing as how Universal was going to make Wicked a film before Marc Platt decided it would work best as a show, I'd say a film version is forthcoming.

But Idina? Her giant chin would fill the whole screen.

I'd like to see Stephanie J. Block or Eden Espinosa as Elphie, with Megan Hilty as Glinda.

Maybe Norbert Leo Butz as Fiyero and Adam Wylie as Boq?

--nick--
    How about this 'dream' cast? Hahaha
    Elphaba: Celine Dion
    Glinda: Jessica Simpson
    Fiyero: Nick Lachey
    Boq: Zac Efron
    Madame Morrible: Elizabeth Taylor
    Wizard: Robin Williams
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    All this Wicked talk is making me want to go buy more tickets and see it again!
    So do it!! ha! If it were in my town...I'd SO go again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i did not get to see carol kane come out, i guess she takes another exit. i really would have loved to meet her, she is one of my favorite actresses. I really want to see this show again. but no money at the moment, but someday ill make it back to wicked!
    You lucky dog! Sounds like an amazing experience! I loved Carol Kane on Taxi, and was excited to see her in Wicked. I had no idea she was a part of the cast. And...you must like Les Mis too, which is also one of my favorites of all time as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    OMG I Heart, I ca'nt believe I forgot to ask you... How did you like the guy who played Fieyro?
    He was adorable! And, I loved the love story there! (Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but, I liked the twist!)

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by GapToothed View Post
    How about this 'dream' cast? Hahaha
    Elphaba: Celine Dion
    Glinda: Jessica Simpson
    Fiyero: Nick Lachey
    Boq: Zac Efron
    Madame Morrible: Elizabeth Taylor
    Wizard: Robin Williams
    I'm hoping there is a HUGE amount of sarcasm in this post. It's a nightmare leading 2 in my book.

If they ruined Elphie with Celine Dion I would boycott that studio's movies forever.

Actually, Zac Efron as Boq is quite realistic, and Robin Williams as the Wizard may not be such a bad idea as he might bring some character to the part seeing as it's got the worst 2 songs in the show.
    Last edited by StrongStyle; 07-31-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I keep seeing the commercial, and my fiancee' has the book and just started reading and I am going to read it when she is done.. I will just have to surprise her with tickets on her birthday

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So....I finally took my daughter to see "Wicked" last night on our daddy/daughter date and we had an amazing time.

First of all...this is easily one of the best musicals I have ever seen and I've seen more than my share over the years. Head and shoulders above shows like Les Miserables and Phantom. The score was well written, the story was compelling, the sets were spectacular and the cast was nothing short of amazing. As some of you have stated already, Eden Espinoza was brilliant as Elphaba, but Megan Hilty (Glinda) came within a rat hair of stealing the show. Her timing was spot on and she had the audience rolling. And for her to float on those high fs and gs after dancing around the stage like that...wow. We've been listening to the soundtrack around my house now for months, and I have had my groups perform several of these numbers over at the college, but this was the first time I had really become familiar with the story and the whole performance went by much too quickly. It's also fun to see this with an enthusiastic audience, and ours was applauding with almost every entrance of a major character, screaming their approval after every big number, and lept to their feet with the munchkins during the curtain call, not able to wait for the leads to take the stage. It was standing room only, and this was a Thursday night performance. Not an empty seat in the house.

So...before the show, my daughter and I had dinner at Miceli's.

I haven't been there in quite a while as some of my fellow music major friends used to wait tables and sing down there during college.

It was then time to head back over to the Pantages. Here's my daughter on the Walk of Fame:

...and standing in front of the Pantages...

I love the architecture of this theater. The lobby and the theater are stunning. Here's a bit of the lobby...

And a semi-legal shot of the stage:

As the "curtain" was technically down, I figured I could take a shot before they started the show.

So....all in all, it was a perfect night and we both LOVED the show. We can't recommend it highly enough and encourage all of you to get tickets before this show leaves town.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow!!! Fantastic pictures... Thats a great shot of the stage and you guys had really good seats! What a great way to spend some daddy/daughter time! I've never seen Wicked... I am sooooo jealous!!! Eh... someday!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Glad you had such a good time LDF!! I love love Megan Hilty(so did my almost 13 year old son, but for different reasons ) Love the pictures

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

What great pictures and it so does seem like the perfect daddy/daughter date!

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I keep seeing the commercial, and my fiancee' has the book and just started reading and I am going to read it when she is done.. I will just have to surprise her with tickets on her birthday
    As I said before, the book is very difficult to get into but good once it gets going. You do need to completely forget the book when you go and see the play though as apart from a few characters and a couple of incidents they are completely different stories and if you go in thinking about the book plot the play plot will confuse the hell out of you.

It really is VERY loosly based on the novel, almost to the extent that South Park the Movie was loosly based on Les Mis.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Banned User

LOVE the photos localdisnyfan!!! It's so weird to think just a week ago last night I was at that very theatre, and now I sit here in Seattle!!! I love that you took one of the stage, and hope you don't mind that I am going to save that one to add to the ones I took that night!!!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i saw it for the fist time last night in LA for the first time, awsomwe cast excapt for fyierro, i thought derrek williams in new york was better
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Imagine If.

I agree with StrongStyle about the book being a little hard to get into but it is a good book. So the play doesn't follow the book very much?

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars View Post
    I agree with StrongStyle about the book being a little hard to get into but it is a good book. So the play doesn't follow the book very much?
    Well, Elphie is Green; that's about the end of the comparisons. Actually I lie, there are several points of convergence, although often different situations or circumstances around them. Quite a few of the B characters from the book don't make it into the play story and a couple of A characters don't either or are VERY different to their book alter egos.

It's quite odd really, in many ways the play story is much simpler than the book story (it is a very thick book), but in many ways the play story is actually much cleverer; a little more soap opera maybe, but definately cleverer.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I really did not like the book very much. I read it about six months before we saw Wicked here in Phoenix. I was so happy the show was MUCH better than the book. As StrongStyle has said the play and the book are not the same. I heard in the theater that night the same comments after the show that it was much better than the book.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I loved both the book and the musical. The fact that they were only connected loosely was nice for me, I didn't have to overanalyze the musical.

I still say my two favorite pairings I saw were Idina & Cheno and then Idina & Taye Diggs (swoon). I would go back to see it in a heartbeat!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast