Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Redwall/Peter Pan books coming

The first book in the acclaimed Redwall series of books by Brian Jacques is coming in October. I don't know if they plan to do all 22 books that have been done so far, but I hope the do, if the art is high quality. It's being solicited in the new Diamond Catalog. The first book is simply called "Redwall". These are fantastic books that are, just like the Harry Potter books, for children and adults that still have the child within.

Also the third and final book in the Peter Pan Prequel books will be out in October. "Peter and the Secret of Rundoon" is the title and it again is written by Ridley Pearson. It's pre-orderable on Amazon.com.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Redwall/Peter Pan books coming

So many books, so little time!
    A signature should go here.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I don't get it Lost Boy. What in the Redwall series is coming out? Are they making a movie out of the series?

I've tried to read that series but could not get into it. If they made a movie, I may try again. I haven't read the Peter Pan books either, but they are sitting on my shelf.

The first book, Redwall, is coming out as a Graphic Novel. The Redwall books are text only. This is a comic book version that is thick and bound like a big 8X10 1/2" soft cover book. The paper used is usually high quality glossy paper. I don't know who is doing the art, or who made the story into a comic book story,

I am sorry you could not get into the books though. I started them on the recommendation of the clerk at Borders Books when I told her I was looking for something to read while waiting for the 4th Harry Potter book. I love the fact that every character in the book is an animal of some sort. No humans at all are ever even mentioned. I find the stories exiting, and very good and evil in stark reallity. The character is either good or bad. There is no in between. I have read all but the last three books.

And there was an animated series for chidren done in Canada. They did the first three books in 22 parts and then released the vidoes in Canada and England only. If you buy the VHS tapes from Canada you have to take them to a video place that can convert them to our format. They are OK and faithfully done, but really made for kids.

The Peter Pan books are great. As you probably already know, I am a big Peter Pan fan and I loved the first two books very much. I am looking forward to the third and final book.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

I am looking for forward to the next Peter book! I just loved the first two.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I used to be a big Redwall fan. I'm not a big graphic novel guy, but the mention of this made me consider reading the books again.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Thanks for the clarification, Lost Boy. Graphic novels would be a good media for Redwall. I may have to try reading them again. You seem so passionate about them, so they must be good.

I love the Redwall Series very much. Second only to Harry Potter. I think I like them because I love animals and his writing style, like JK's is very descriptive. I also like that in the undercurrent of every book, there is some magic going on. And the fact that it is quite plain and good will always triumph over evil. I am very curious to see how well this first book is translated from the book to the comic illustrative type of story. In the Diamond Catalog the only picture shown is the cover. Sometimes the covers are well done, but then the interior art is not up to snuff. If this book is well done, then I will be very happy.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Interesting! I've been reading the Redwall books over the last few years. I'd love to see the graphic novels. I wasn't too crazy about the Peter Pan prequels, well, the first one anyway. Maybe I couldn't get Dave Barry out of my head!
    I want my cake back!

The Redwall Graphic Novel came out last week. It is smaller in size that the normal 8 X 11 book, being just as thick though. The art is by Bret Blevins and is in Black and White and painted. It is a condensed version of the first book. So far it has captured the feel of the novel. The art is pretty good.

I loved the first two Peter Pan prequels and am looking forward to the last which will be released in late November or early December according to Amazon where I have it pre-ordered.

You should still be able to order Redwall at your local comics store as it just came out.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The latest Peter Pan Prequel, Peter and the Redoon, shipped today from Amazon so it came out earlier than was first thought. It should be here in a few days. I am looking forward to be reading something good again.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The Peter Pan Prequel arrived in the mail today. I will let you know what I think of it when I get started. It's still in the box right now.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I finished Peter and the Secret of Rundoon. It is fantastic. It doesn't answer all the questions, you can pretty much figure that out when you read the book what happens. But I will say this is a much darker book than the previous two, but only in the middle portion. Needless to say the end had me in tears. I love all three of these books and recommend them very highly to any really serious Peter Pan fan.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

I got Peter and the Secret of Rundoon for my son for x-mas....so, of course, I am reading it! So far, it is really good.

It get better as you go ahead and it is a much darker tale than the other two. I loved all three and am very curious to see what Disney does as far as the planned movie. Each book separately or one big movie with all three. Also am wondering if they plan a fourth book as not quite everything is answered by the end of the book.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast