• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

System of A Down's leadman Serj Tankian's Solo Album/Single

For those who are System of A Down fans, lead singer Serj Tankian has taken on a solo project, his latest single "The Unthinking Majority" is out. I LOVE IT!!! It kinda has that classic "System" feel. It's out on itunes if you want to download it...the new album "Elect The Dead" hits stores in October...

The youtube can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSe2SJ-EKo8

enjoy!!!!

Below is an article about Serj Tankian...

Tankian works outside the System
    By August Brown, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    July 15, 2007

System of a Down's Serj Tankian is one of modern metal's most popular singers. He's fond of wry political laments howled over demented guitar thrash tempered with Armenian folk. He is also a gentle protector of insects.

When an errant moth flew into the living room of his Calabasas home while Tankian served rosewater tea, he rushed to cup his hands around it and set it free out the back door. It was a sweet gesture from a vocalist whose most well-known chorus lyric is "I don't think you trust in my self-righteous suicide." But it gave a hint of where Tankian's head is at as he prepares to release "Elect the Dead," his debut solo album, due Oct. 23.

Recorded in his rural home studio, with Tankian handling most of the non-percussion instruments and engineer duties, "Elect the Dead" is more tender and songwriterly than "Mezmerize" and "Hypnotize," the two recent chart-topping System records. It's still a brutally engaging guitar-rock album, to be sure, but it seems to come from a longing for small, more personal changes than System's sonic assault suggests.

"Civilization is already over," Tankian said. "What I felt with this record is that micro leads to macro. The other day I was trying to make a left turn on the freeway and a lady slowed to let me in, and that's the same thing as kindness between nations."

Likewise, "Elect the Dead" is full of tiny deviances from System's sound that add up to a distinctly different record. "Feed Us" is rife with jazzy breakdowns and nervous catcalls, and "Lie Lie Lie" is a daffy cabaret number with campy girlish shrieks. "Unthinking Majority" and "Empty Walls" are more traditionally pummeling rockers. But it seems Tankian isn't burdened by the expectations placed on him as a vanguard representative of modern heavy music and as an activist for the Armenian diaspora.

Last year, Tankian lobbied Congress to pass an amendment recognizing the Armenian genocide in Turkey. While the album does have oblique references to "the East where you killed her," "Elect the Dead" isn't a policy paper, nor a way to distance himself from System. Because even with its steely lyricism and throttling textures, "Elect the Dead," as in his band's best moments, is also really, really funny.

"Even politics can't be completely serious," Tankian said. "We're silly creatures. If we could record the thoughts of animals, they'd think we're ridiculous."
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Pirata del Caribe

Re: System of A Down's leadman Serj Tankian's Solo Album/Single

Wow, thanxs for the info. I had no idea he was on a solo proyect now.
    I will check the video. I loved System.

PD:
    Heey I cant watch the video.... why You Tube isnt free??
    We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

man i've been waiting so long for this, thanks for the info!

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I was kind of disappointed when I heard this song. I love System, and I was realing looking forward to hearing his solo release, but it just kind of lacked something to me.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=17923787

Link to the Empty Walls video....creative references, probably one of the best music videos I've seen ever! (next to robert palmer of course lolol)
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."