Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band 'Magic'

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    That is seriously one of the great albums of all time.
    Too bad the mix and recording are so bad. I just turn it up louder, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

I LOVED the river and born to run ........didn't really like anything after that. hopefully, this will be back to the good old days

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Rock Star Minion

ALIASd, have you checked out the youtube of "Tom Joad" at Anaheim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-oDAxx8So
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    ALIASd, have you checked out the youtube of "Tom Joad" at Anaheim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-oDAxx8So
    Thanks for posting this!

VIDEO: ANAHEIM: THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD
    (with TOM MORELLO)
    At long last it's here, Bruce and Tom Morello's extraordinary version of The Ghost of Tom Joad, from April 7 in Anaheim, beautifully remixed by long time house engineer John Cooper:
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

This eulogy was delivered by Bruce Springsteen at Danny's funeral on April 21 in Red Bank, New Jersey:

FAREWELL TO DANNY

Let me start with the stories.

Back in the days of miracles, the frontier days when "Mad Dog" Lopez and his temper struck fear into the band, small club owners, innocent civilians and all women, children and small animals.

Back in the days when you could still sign your life away on the hood of a parked car in New York City.

Back shortly after a young red-headed accordionist struck gold on the Ted Mack Amateur Hour and he and his mama were sent to Switzerland to show them how it's really done.

Back before beach bums were featured on the cover of Time magazine.

I'm talking about back when the E Street Band was a communist organization! My pal, quiet, shy Dan Federici, was a one-man creator of some of the hairiest circumstances of our 40 year career... And that wasn't easy to do. He had "Mad Dog" Lopez to compete with.... Danny just outlasted him.
    If we didn't play together, the E Street Band at this point would probably not know one another. We wouldn't be in this room together. But we do... We do play together. And every night at 8 p.m., we walk out on stage together and that, my friends, is a place where miracles occur...old and new miracles. And those you are with, in the presence of miracles, you never forget. Life does not separate you. Death does not separate you. Those you are with who create miracles for you, like Danny did for me every night, you are honored to be amongst.

Of course we all grow up and we know "it's only rock and roll"...but it's not. After a lifetime of watching a man perform his miracle for you, night after night, it feels an awful lot like love.

So today, making another one of his mysterious exits, we say farewell to Danny, "Phantom" Dan, Federici. Father, husband, my brother, my friend, my mystery, my thorn, my rose, my keyboard player, my miracle man and lifelong member in good standing of the house rockin', pants droppin', earth shockin', hard rockin', booty shakin', love makin', heart breakin', soul cryin'... and, yes, death defyin' legendary E Street Band.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The Boss, Sinatra among N.J. Hall of Fame's first inductees

By Daniela Flores
    Associated Press
    May 4, 2008

TRENTON, N.J. — Pop quiz: What comes to mind when you think about Yogi Berra, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and Toni Morrison? Brilliant minds, inspiring souls, trailblazers — all are likely responses.
    And ... New Jersey?

Yep. They all have strong ties to the oft-maligned Garden State, and they're among the first 15 people to be inducted Sunday into New Jersey's new Hall of Fame.

"I think anything you get inducted to you feel good about," said 82-year-old Berra, the famous New York Yankee catcher who lives in Montclair in northern New Jersey. "Heck to get inducted with all them guys, that's pretty good."

Berra, who's lived in New Jersey for 52 years, is in good company.

In addition to Edison, Einstein and Morrison, the inaugural class includes Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen, Meryl Streep, astronaut Edwin Buzz Aldrin, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf and Vince Lombardi.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...04-njhof_N.htm

• Rock Star Minion

Al, just wanted to tell you that I just got back from Boss in Jersey. One incredible concert last Thursday. Pulled out Incident, Blinded, Spirit, Jersey Girl, Pretty Flamingo, and stuck each landing!

I may never go to an LA show ever again. The Tom Morello guest shot was nice back in April, but otherwise he really scales back for us.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678