• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band 'Magic'

Springsteen Finds 'Magic' With E Street Band

Bruce Springsteen

August 16, 2007, 12:00 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y. and Ray Waddell, Nashville
    Billboard.com

Bruce Springsteen is ready to rock again with the E Street Band. The artist will on Oct. 2 release "Magic," his first Columbia album with his longtime backing group since 2002's "The Rising." A North American arena tour is expected follow, but dates have yet to be announced.

The 11-track "Magic" was produced by Brendan O'Brien and includes such tracks as "Gypsy Biker," "Last To Die," "Devil's Arcade" and "Long Walk Home," which is the only song to have previously been played live. Springsteen manager Jon Landau describes the project as a "high energy rock CD."

After "The Rising," which has sold 2.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, Springsteen went solo with 2005's "Devils and Dust" and last year rounded up a host of new musicians for his "Seeger Sessions" album and tour.

His return to the road with the E Street Band should provide a big boost to the industry's fourth quarter bottom line. Springsteen's 2003 tour with E Street was the most financially successful of his stellar touring career, selling out stadiums in both Europe and the U.S., and dozens of arenas across North America.

Springsteen's $182 million gross from 82 shows, on one of the most conservative ticket prices among all superstar acts at $75 in most markets, was second only to the Rolling Stones in 2003. The Boss' remarkable 10 sellouts at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford New Jersey that summer, with a gross of $38.7 million and attendance of 566,650, remains the top Boxscore ever reported to Billboard.

Prior to the release of "Magic," Springsteen will unveil some new recordings with Pete Seeger on two separate compilation albums[/color][/u][/url]

due next month from Appleseed Recordings. He also guests on his wife Patti Scialfa's new Columbia album, "Play It As It Lays," due Sept. 4.

Here is the track list for "Magic":

"Radio Nowhere"
    "You'll Be Comin' Down"
    "Livin' in the Future"
    "Your Own Worst Enemy"
    "Gypsy Biker"
    "Girls in Their Summer Clothes"
    "I'll Work for Your Love"
    "Magic"
    "Last To Die"
    "Long Walk Home"
    "Devil's Arcade"
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003626929
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band 'Magic'

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!

• Wonderful World

I never knew that Silvio from the soprano's was in the E street band.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Rally Time!

The Boss and E- Street Band are back

Springsteen's new album Magic has been announced, the tour announcement is set for Tuesday as well as the first single, "Radio Nowhere", which is at You Tube now - i just can't stop listening to it tonight - i thought the Seeger Sessions was the best album in a long time, but Magic has me pretty excited.

what other fans of the Boss are out there?
    a friend of Walt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BLACK MAGIC
    Hey vinyl lovers!
    If you're the old-school, analog type... if you like holding an album cover that's actually an album cover... you're in luck: Magic will definitely be released on LP, and in style. We're talking 180 gram vinyl, nice and heavy, a single album in a gatefold sleeve.

One more notable thing about this release: there's a good chance you can have it in your hands before the CD. As Billboard reports, Magic is "expected to be released on vinyl a week before its CD version... The vinyl is due Sept. 25 via Columbia." We've been unable to confirm that news just yet, as October 2 remains the label's official release date, but we like the sound of it -- and in either case, we'll have the album in stock at Backstreet Records as soon as it's available.
    http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band fall tour itinerary

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have announced their first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002-03, starting in Hartford, CT on October 2, the release date for the new Springsteen album 'Magic.' The E Street Band's members are: Roy Bittan - keyboards; Clarence Clemons - saxophone, percussion; Danny Federici - keyboards; Nils Lofgren - guitars; Patti Scialfa - vocals, guitar; Garry Tallent - bass; Steven Van Zandt - guitars; Max Weinberg - drums.

10/28 Los Angeles, CA Venue TBA On Sale TBA
    http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

• Rock Star Minion

Wife and I are tiring of Bruce's LA shows. They're very plain, relative to other stops on the tour. On the plus side, they're close by.

Of those shows, I'd like to see the last US one in Boston. His early shows on the tour are a lot about fixing what doesn't work, song orders, etc.
    I hope he returns for another round of shows in 2008. He's missing a lot of major places.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I hope he returns for another round of shows in 2008. He's missing a lot of major places.
    The band has traditionally.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

DATES ARE SET!
    SPRINGSTEEN REVS UP E STREET MACHINE FOR FALL
    In an exclusive Backstreets interview, Springsteen talks about the tour and says Magic was "built for it."
    Reminded of that now, Springsteen says emphatically, "Yeah -- I'll be playing the rock music this time. " He laughs, adding, "In case anybody's wondering."

Speaking with Backstreets by phone as tour preparation gets underway, Springsteen makes it clear that he tapped his rock side for Magic, an album meant to be played live: "It's just built for it," he says. "I wrote with a lot of melody, and with a lot of hooks, and there's a lot of band power behind the stuff that I wrote this time out. So I'm excited to hear that come straight off the band."

All things being finite, does it enter his mind that this could be the last time out? A "farewell tour"?

"Oh, I'll never do that, man -- you're only gonna know that when you don't see me no more."

Of course, no doubt -- but for the E Street Band as we know it?

"Hell, I don't know," Springsteen laughs. "I envision the band carrying on for many, many, many more years. There ain't gonna be any farewell tour. That's the only thing I know for sure."
    Full interview at:
    http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

• Rally Time!

i just can't listening to Radio Nowhere - i don't ever remember listening to a song over and over like this.

He's missing Phoenix this time on the first leg, but i'd like to see him in LA again (Born in the USA - Colisseum, Sports Arena - Tunnel of Love), or a new city like Oakland would be nice.
    a friend of Walt.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones View Post
    i just can't [stop? stand?]listening to Radio Nowhere - i don't ever remember listening to a song over and over like this.

He's missing Phoenix this time on the first leg, but i'd like to see him in LA again (Born in the USA - Colisseum, Sports Arena - Tunnel of Love), or a new city like Oakland would be nice.
    A Phoenix show would be a lot better than an LA show. We'll probably go to Oakland and/or LA, then maybe make a vacation trip in some far off place where he'll play for four hours and it will be a legendary concert for the ages.
    (Soon as I build that time machine...)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rally Time!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    A Phoenix show would be a lot better than an LA show. We'll probably go to Oakland and/or LA, then maybe make a vacation trip in some far off place where he'll play for four hours and it will be a legendary concert for the ages.
    (Soon as I build that time machine...)
    the last few tours, Phoenix has been nice because it didn't sell out and of course it's local. we'll just see what i can find when they go on sale and go from there - I learned you get what you can get.

Radio Nowhere - i can't stop listening to it.
    a friend of Walt.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones View Post
    the last few tours, Phoenix has been nice because it didn't sell out and of course it's local. we'll just see what i can find when they go on sale and go from there - I learned you get what you can get.

Radio Nowhere - i can't stop listening to it.
    Ah. I hope my wife has downloaded it.

If he plays Phoenix, I might go there. Especially if there will be tickets available.
    We'll also plan other trips based on whether we know someone there. NYC area, for example, is on this list. Cuts down on hotel costs. North Carolina, Phully, Seattle, Vegas....Trying not to go too crazy this time, but it's mostly my wife. I've seen Bruce plenty of times and in plenty of places. One show per tour is enough for me. Just have to figure out which one.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Have seen Bruce dozens of times mostly here in Los Angeles, but its also been great to see him in Las Vegas, San Diego, Oakland, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Tempe too.

Miss the old L.A. Sports arena shows Halloween shows. Seeing them cover "Haunted House" by Jumpin' Gene Simmons is a cherished memory. Bruce also awarded a long-time crew member with a washer & dryer onstage to celebrate his anniversary working with the band at one of those shows.
    THE BEST!
    Here's a little look at some of those nights:

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast