• Banned User

Harry Potter's Creator Turns To a Life Of Crime (Novels)

J.K. Rowling, the authoress of the Harry Potter series of books, is now writing a crime novel.

This according to a British newspaper that says Bthe UK's richest woman (even richer than QEII) that stated a man was seen in a Edinsborough cafe seeing Rowling writing in said cafe.

So, do you think she can write something for those adults, especially ones who have grown up with her other books?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Harry Potter's Creator Turns To a Life Of Crime (Novels)

Yeah, I do. She is an incredible writer. The world she created in her mind for Harry Potter was nothing short of genius, in my personal opinion. I would be very ready to give anything else she writes a shot.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I really want in like 10 years the Albus Potter story. I mean think about James, Lilly, and Albus Potter growing up with the fact that their father and his friends are legends. That would suck.

But I may read what she writes next.

• Still lost in Neverland

Where does it say she is writing a crime novel? I didn't see any mention of that in the thread above. She is supposed to be writing the Harry Potter Encyclopedia. Maybe that's what she was writing? So someone said that someone told him he saw her writing in an Cafe? She wrote the first HP novel in a coffee place. Why not do the Encyclopedia there as well? I don't see how this says she is writing a crime novel is all.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• My cuties!

Well, if that link had been placed in the first post then I wouldn't have speculated. As it is she can do whatever she wants. I really have no interest in Crime Novels so I probably won't bother with it. Anything with Harry Potter I will get instantly or sooner. Nothing against her writing, but Crime Novels just don't do anything for me. Fantasy and Sci Fi is about all I read. I don't need stories that can happen in real life, to much crime as it is. I want to read about far away magical places that take me away from the real world. That's why I go to Disneyland so often, to get away from the "real" world.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    a man was seen in a Edinsborough cafe seeing Rowling writing in said cafe.
    A man was seen seeing Rowling write? She wasn't directly seen writing, but a man was seen watching her write?

Also, did you mean Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland?

• my two sunshines

All that has been reported is it's a crime novel - nothing about true crime - probably in the vein of the british detective type novels - Periot, Miss Seeton, etc.

Tho since she has such the imagination for childrens/teens books - a young Sherlock Holmes type book, if presented right, would fly off the shelves for her

She could be distancing herself from the 'young' crowd and wanting to write for adults.

There have been so many critisisms of her writing - she isn't the best prolific writer, definatetly no Hemingway, but her imagination soars which in turn sets her apart from the rest.

• Clearing my Calendar

I'm interested to see where she goes. I know she has two new ideas swimming around and whichever one slowly takes over is the one she'll choose.

But HP Encyclopedia first!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I think I am like Lost Boy in the fact that I don't read crime novels. I read the Hannibal series (the Red Dragon and up) and I'm sorry but they scare me! I am such a wimp. So if it's something scary and icky not going to read.

• Banned User

I really doubt J.k. will write the Encyclopedia in the Near future, she said in the interview with meridith that she is taking a break with HP, so that HP fans will have to wait for that. as for crime novels... not a big fan either, they just bore me. I hope she uses her imagination as usufully as she did HP though.

-Jojo

This Posted today on Veritsarium one the best of the Harry Potter sites.

Jo not writing a crime novel

Posted By Matthew on 08-20-07 @ 2:41 PM - 5 comments - Link

As we warned yesterday, the rumor that JK Rowling is currently working on a crime novel was stretched and is untrue, according to a new Guardian report. Author Ian Rankin, who was quoted as saying that his wife spotted Jo "writing her Edinburgh criminal detective novel," told the Guardian today that "[t]his is a joke that got out of hand. There were 600 people in the audience, and only one person didn't laugh."

A spokeswoman for Jo said that the crime novel rumors were "unfounded." She said, "JK Rowling is taking a well-earned break following the English language publication of Harry Potter& the Deathly Hallows and there are no firm plans as yet as to what her next book may be."

JKR's latest mystery -- what she'll write next -- has yet to be unraveled.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'd guess that she has most of the encyclopedia already written, as a result of her thorough note-making when she wrote the books. Somebody probably just needs to organize it all.

How do I get that job? Could you imagine how cool that would be?
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

And thanks to the Mice Chat Crew for posting this thread in this week's Mice Age report!

• Banned User

Wait, Susie P, didn't hear? J.K. said that she was taking a break for a while and that HP fans should expect the Encyclopedia to come out soon. she said she hasn't even started. Yes, she has notes, but she still has LOADs that she hasn't written and is still in her head. The lady said it was just a joke, meaning that she never saw her in the cafe in the first place. besides, I heard she wrote the books in private after like the 2nd release.

-Jojo