View Poll Results: What kind of books do you read?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fiction

20 33.33%
  • Non-fiction

7 11.67%
  • Neither

1 1.67%
  • Both

32 53.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• white and nerdy

Re: What do you read?

I read whatever I can get my grubby little hands on.

I read about five or six books a month, more if school is out (unless you count school books, if that's the case then I read about 10-20 during school).

Reading is a joy.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I am reading "Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyers. I am a sucker for teen lit. I'm horrible.

I read mostly fiction, but a fair amount of non-fiction. I like horror, science fiction, mystery and thriller fiction, and to a lesser degree, fantasy and the more literary stuff.

Currently reading The Twelfth Card by Jeffrey Deaver, but I just finished THE ANIMATED MAN by Michael Barrier, which of course is a biography of Walt Disney - the second I've read in the last couple months. (The other was Gabler's book. I wonder what people think of these bios.)

Scott

I liked Gabler's book. I got to see him when he was holding a discussion with a couple of Disney Imagineers. Sounds like a well-researched book, and I thought it presented a well-rounded picture of a real human being, gifted but maybe a little obnoxious sometimes.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I liked Gabler's book. I got to see him when he was holding a discussion with a couple of Disney Imagineers. Sounds like a well-researched book, and I thought it presented a well-rounded picture of a real human being, gifted but maybe a little obnoxious sometimes.
    It sounds like Diane Disney Miller doesn't like Gabler's book at all, and is disappointed in the portrayal of Walt as she sees it. Barrier's book is "fairer" I guess, though she hadn't read it at the time of Barrier's post on his website. Barrier dislikes the Gabler book intensely, though some of that could be professional rivalry. I thought they were quite similar; Barrier presents much of the same info, though he focuses on the animation a bit more, Gabler gives more depth on most issues. Barrier seems to refrain from making any judgements about Disney's life outside the company. The facts are the facts, I suppose...

Scott

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    I don't agree. I don't think I'd enjoy my books if I read them fast. For me it's about quality, not quantity. I love my books, I spend a few days just looking at it, reading the back, looking at the cover, savouring it. When I get reading it, I get to know the characters like family, I fall in love with the people in the stories, I feel what they would feel. I take my time. I get so engrossed that I get emotional along with them. I nevber want my stories to end, and when I do finish, I like it give at least a day before starting the next book (unless it's a series).
    I feel that I'm not giving my books "respect" if I go straight to another one, it's almost like I didn't care enough about the characters or the story, or even the author if I don't give myself time to say goodbye and thanks to the story!!!

Silly, I know, but that's how I am!!!
    I can see your point. And I'm the same way with getting so into the people's stories, which is why I wish I could read more of them. Especially now that I don't have much time for reading. If I read faster, I would be able to read more. After I've read a good book, the characters live in my head. I go back and revisit them. That's also why I don't like getting books from libraries. I have to have it so I can reread sections every so often.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• Circle of Ancients

This year I have read:

All of the HP books.

1776 (about George Washingtons army, quite good)

GhostRider (Neil Peart's book about his travel after his wife and daughter died)

RoadShow (Neil Peart's book about traveling around on the last Rush tour)

I'm almost done with it now, I'm going to need something new to read soon.

• Just this guy......

I read a lot of computer books and manuals for work. When I read for myself I like to enjoy Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123