Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Led Zeppelin Getting Back Together!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnieg24 View Post
    love zepplin..hope they come to a city near me
    If you live in London, then yes:
    Led Zeppelin Takes Flight, For One Night Only

Led Zeppelin

September 12, 2007, 10:40 AM ET

Lars Brandle and Tom Ferguson, London
    Billboard

Legendary rock combo Led Zeppelin is reforming, but for one night only. The British band will play a one-off show at London's 22,000-capacity O2 arena on Nov. 26 as part of a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder and chairman emeritus Ahmet Ertegun, who died last December. The band recorded for Atlantic its entire career.

The Who's Pete Townshend, former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini will also perform at the event. Profits will benefit the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides scholarships to universities in the United States, United Kingdom and Ertegun's homeland, Turkey.

Tickets costing 125 ($254) will be allocated on a lottery basis through the Ahmettribute.com web site.

Confirmation of the show, putting an end to several months of speculation, came at a press conference today (Sept. 13) at the O2 when the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, confirmed they would reunite onstage for just the third time in 27 years. The drummer for the evening will be Jason Bonham, son of the band's original drummer John Bonham, who died from a heart attack in 1980.

The concert will follow the release of a new Atlantic/Rhino two-disc, 24-track best-of set, "Mothership," due Nov. 13 in the United States.

Page, Plant and Jones initially reformed with Genesis' Phil Collins and Chic/Power Station sticksman Tony Thompson sharing drum duties for a performance at Live Aid in Philadelphia in 1985. In May 1988, Jason Bonham joined the three originals for another 'one-off" reunion at an Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in New York.

Plant and Page teamed in 1994 for an MTV special and subsequently toured globally and released two albums. Jones has also released two solo albums, although his post-Zeppelin work has largely concentrated on production and arranging.
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003638786
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Everything I read tells me that it's only one show, not a tour.
    Like I already mentioned.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    Not to sound mean but the police was always ummm boring. It's silly to compare to the energy and sound of zeppelin, especially on stage. I don't think they have the energy anymore and the talent. I hope they prove me wrong but I don't really see shows that cost more than 20 bucks.
    They might be boring to you, but they're not boring to me. Have you seen Stewart Copeland drum? He's like Animal from The Muppets! I'm not comparing energy. I was simply stating some reunion tours can be just as exciting as seeing the band when they were in their prime and sometimes even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    The difference between a Police Reunion and a Zepplin reunion is about 15 years and that all the members are still alive and still playing. I'm a tad concerned that someone on this Zep reunion will fall and break a hip. I wonder if there is an AARP discount.
    Considering the guys in The Police would all qualify for AARP (Andy Summers is 62 (!) and Sting & Stewart are in their 50's), I wouldn't sell them so short.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

one night only!!?!?! im sad now...!!! hope they are good and rock that place to the ground.....im still disappointed though....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12