Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Exclamation Led Zeppelin Getting Back Together!!!!

Thats right!!! You heard correctly!! After many years of speculation, it is finally happening!! The Hammer of the Gods will be going on tour!! Here are the details as reported by Yahoo Music and NME.com

OK, moving on to happier stories, such as...dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a Zeppelin tour that'll hopefully kick off in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars(more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free...

From: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Re: Led Zeppelin Getting Back Together!!!!

and YES IM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully confirmed tour dates will follow soon
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If they come to the States, I am soooo taking my guy. He LOVES Led Zepp and he got me into them as well.

• Senior Minion

I don't know. I've always felt that a Led Zeppelin reunion, like a Beatles reunion, would require a few more bullets. I am not convinced Jason has the ability to play the way his father did, and after careful viewing through the years, it has become more evident how essential that was to the bluesy sound that the band really represented.

Still, it should be entertaining, even if they don't make any more home videos at the Edgewater Motel!

• DL Nerd

Everything I read tells me that it's only one show, not a tour.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Woah..... Sebastian Bach is trying to lauch a hip-hop career?!

• Rock Star Minion

Great. More old farts playing old songs and stealing other old farts' money.
    Maybe $200 per ticket?
    I like Zep, but not at those prices.

All these bands' reunioning reeks of a Spinal Tap II mockumentary.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Do you have a 27B/6?

!!!!! I just peed my pants with glee!

Space Junk, quit playing with our fragile little hearts...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If they come to the States, I am soooo taking my guy. He LOVES Led Zepp and he got me into them as well.
    Aimster, my story's pretty much the same. My husband got me into them, and now I love them more than he does. This is very welcome news here.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I'm a fan but not of this news. When bands like these get together, you'll get some new not as good quality cd's and you'll pay 200+ for a ticket for a show that would never be as good as they would be in their prime.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I'm a fan but not of this news. When bands like these get together, you'll get some new not as good quality cd's and you'll pay 200+ for a ticket for a show that would never be as good as they would be in their prime.
    Not always.

I had been waiting 23 years for The Police to reform and was beyond excited when they announced the reunion tour... especially because Sting kept saying "It'll never happen."

So I got a ticket when they came to Tampa... paid around $90 after Ticketbastard "convenience fees" (yeah I see nothing convenient adding almost $20 to my ticket price). That show was one of the best concerts I had ever been to. They totally proved a bunch of "old farts" can still bring the rock and the crowd was going absolutely nuts the entire show. They were just as good, if not better, than they were in their prime in the early 80's. They've admitted they're much wiser this time around. I saw they've been adding more tour dates, so if they come back this way I would definitely go again.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Not to sound mean but the police was always ummm boring. It's silly to compare to the energy and sound of zeppelin, especially on stage. I don't think they have the energy anymore and the talent. I hope they prove me wrong but I don't really see shows that cost more than 20 bucks.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• For You!

I got to see Robert Plant about 18 years ago at a small venue in Salt Lake City called Saltair. It was a lot of fun and it was great music. (Even without the great drum solos)

I don't know if I'd want to go see a huge stadium show. I don't think it would have the same energy.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

love zepplin..hope they come to a city near me
    "I'd rather die enormous, than live dormant." Tateossian Accessories

• Minion

The difference between a Police Reunion and a Zepplin reunion is about 15 years and that all the members are still alive and still playing. I'm a tad concerned that someone on this Zep reunion will fall and break a hip. I wonder if there is an AARP discount.

•   
    • debating what to put here

As a lifelong and die-hard fan, it just isn't Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, IMO.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast