• Just this guy......

Famed fantasy writer Robert Jordan is dead

I didn't see anyone post this information so I thought I would pass it on.

The author of the “Wheel of Time” fantasy series and many of the Conan books died at the young age of 59 after his battle with the debilitating condition known as cardiac amyloidosis. He would have celebrated his 60th birthday next month.

Jordan’s real name was James Oliver Rigney, Jr. and the author also wrote under the pen name Reagan O’Neal. Under the O’Neal name he wrote the “Fallon” series of stories.

His Conan books totaled seven in all and the “Wheel of Time” series contained eleven books. A twelfth book was proposed and started, but due to his illness was never completed.

Jordan had plans for a new series of books titled “Infinity of Heaven,” an adventurous “Shogun-style” fantasy, but the project never got off the planning stage — again due to his illness.

Robert Jordan passed away on September 16th. His genius will be missed in the wonderful world of fantasy fiction.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Famed fantasy writer Robert Jordan is dead

I was reading about that on Neil Gaiman's blog. From what I have heard the 12th book in the Wheel of Time will be finished. He had left notes or something and a good chunk was already written. I remember after Crossroads , where nothing happens that I said that he will probably die before he finishes the series. This was before he got sick of course.

• Seasick

Re: Famed fantasy writer Robert Jordan is dead

I read the first few books in the Wheel of Time series and enjoyed them, but I lost interest. Hopefully the series will still be completed. Definately a great loss to the literary world.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/