Going to see Mystère

After years of wanting to see at least one Cirque Du Soleil show (I've seen Varekai and bits and pieces of Alegría, thanks to DVDs and YouTube), but Mystère will be the first live Cirque show I'll see. I've been to Las Vegas many many times but have never seen it. We've seen Phantom of the Opera (Masterpiece), Lord of the Dance, Blue Man Group, and Cats. I'm really excited to see Mystère though. I have their music and the one song "Kunya Sobe" is great.

Has anyone else seen
    Mystère?

• Ravenclaw

Re: Going to see Mystère

I've seen Mystere 6 times, and each time I see something different. The bungee and high bar acts make that show for me. It's the oldes of Cirque's resident shows, but it doesn't really seem as dated as it should be. I've seen each of the Vegas resident shows at least 3 times, and Mystere is definitely one of my favourites!

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I have twice. Make sure you get there extra early. There is a clown that is ruthless to people coming in. Sit and enjoy the shinanigans.

Nothing like Live Cirque. I've seen Alagria, Quidam, Dragone(sp.) and all of them are great. Mystere was the best of the bunch I've seen. Give us your thoughts when you return!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Mystere is the only Cirque show Dustin and i have seen, but we absolutely LOVED it
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Hiding in the shadows

I agree with Aashee, get there very early. The preshow is an entertaining as the actual show itself. I a great Cirque show and definitely perfect for your first one. Have a great time!

A little piece of heaven

• Oh bother!

This was my first Cirque show and still my favourite! (I have since seen "O", "Saltimbanco" and "Kooza.") There is something about the music in Mystere that blends so well with the acts and storyline. I love the chinese poles!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Mystère was awesome! Worth every penny. We had very good seats third from the stage. The music is beautiful, the clowns are hilarious. I've been wanting to see this show for so long and it was worth the wait. I want to see it again! I love the bungee, it looks like it would be fun to do.

This coming April, I'm seeing Zumanity. I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

• Oh bother!

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on Zumanity. I have been contemplating going, but found the YouTube clips a little too sexual for my taste. I guess I'm a prude!
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Well, Zumanity is adult-themed and slated as "The Sensual Side of Cirque Du Soleil" I'm not going re-iterate what the show's intention is because it's not appropriate to state, but I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll see "O" or KA also.

• love my friends

this is the only cirque du solie show i have seen here in vegas.. and I LOVED IT

Friends for life

• Oh bother!

The concept of "O" is amazing - but once the first few acts passed, it didn't hold me the way Mystere did. It's totally worth seeing, but was not my favourite Cirque show.
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• time to go

I've seen all of the Cirque shows in person since Nouvelle Experience, with the exception of KA, Zumanity, and the new Beatles show. (I've got my tickets for Kooza next month.) I want to see these three new shows, but I just don't go to Vegas that often.

While Saltimbanco is still my favorite by far, Mystere is in my top five. I loved O, but Mystere still edges it out. There are acts from Saltimbanco (like the Chinese poles) in Mystere, so that might have something to do with it.

You will definitely love the show.

• Neep meep beep

I was told by many before I saw my first Vegas Cirque show that "O" was the most impressive. But I really thought Mystere was better than "O". I enjoyed Ka and Zumanity also, but I remember being really impressed by Mystere.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I agree 'Mystère' is a better production that 'O', and the others as well. However I believe 'LOVE' is currently their best show in town!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...VE+the+beatles

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...VE+the+beatles
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• FuseMP

Mystere was the first Cirque show I saw and I've loved them ever since. I've seen quite a few, but haven't been back to Vegas since a lot of them opened, so it's mainly the travelling shows I've seen. From a music stand point, I think Quidam is my favourite, I can put the Quidam CD on and listen to it from start to finish feeling the story and the energy whereas the other CDs I just have a couple of fave songs.

Overall, I have to say I think La Nouba is my fave show at WDW; just an excellent show.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP