Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Re: "Legally Blonde The Musical" on MTV

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I'm watching it right now and am not that impressed. Maybe it's one of those show you have to see in perosn to really experience it? And the audience is acting more like this is a MTV awards show, as opposed to a Broadway show. SO distracting.
    Not my cup of tea either. This show had zero appeal to me on stage and on TV. I just thought it was cool that MTV, of all networks, broadcast a Broadway show that is still running.

It fits their demographic though. It seems that a handful of shows on MTV now are geared to females aged 12-18, which "Legally Blonde: The Musical" is also going for.

The audience IS distracting on the broadcast. MTV taped the show over a few days and the audience shots are culled from an invited audience. People invited to the show had to be of a certain (young) age and wear a pink shirt to the taping. Sorry I can't link it, because it's gone, but Broadway.com and Playbill.com had articles about how to get into the taping.

Anyway, as I stated earlier this show isn't for me. It's still saved on my DVR but I only made it through two commercial breaks before stopping the show. It's simply, in my opinion only, not a good musical.

• Minion

Re: "Legally Blonde The Musical" on MTV

I loved the musical. I wish I was closer to NYC that I could see it live. The music is very catchy, and I thought the sets, costumes, and acting were all great and fit the theme of the show. I could see it appealing more to the younger crowd, which broadway needs sometimes, but I enjoyed it overall.
    Jeff Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12