Thread: Marley & Me

• Winter in Oceanside...

Marley & Me

Someone gave me this book as a gift. I haven't started reading it, but with what we are going thru with our dog, I'm not sure I should be reading this yet. Just looking at the chapter titles is making me cry!

Anyone else read this?

• Princess of my own world

Re: Marley & Me

I have not read it personally but my aunt read it and told me about it. Don't read it right now. Wait until later.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Winter in Oceanside...

Thanks PrncssZ. I think I will. Yet it might be worse when Lilly is gone.

• Minion

I read it and absolutely loved it! It is really a terrific book. I will say though the ending made me cry a lot. Even just thinking about it is making me choke up a bit. I guess it was hard for me too because my dog is 15 now and I realize she won't be around much longer.

• Think lovely thoughts...

I've read it. In fact, I just re-read it for the third time. The ending is sad, yes, but the rest of the book is absolutly hilarious. The way he writes just makes me laugh. I was reading it in bed a few nights ago and at one particular point, I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my cheeks. My roommate thought I was crying until I burst out another laugh. It's a brilliant book, in my opinion!
    Dream a fantastic dream...

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I too have read it and loved it. But the ending is way sad so if you are emotional about your dog right now, you might want to wait.

I heard today about another dog book that is coming out November 13. Its title is "Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lovers Story of Joy and Anguish" by Mark R. Levin. Here is a link that tells about the book. Also here is an excellent review of the book. It sounds like a tear jerker and I have reserved a copy from the library.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

This is one of my favorite books ever. Oh my gosh love this book because as a former owner of a yellow lab that was insane, I can relate! I loved how basically the dog grew up with the couple. That's kinda' why I hate the casting for the movie. Argh.

I would say don't read this right now. Give it about a year. I read it about 6 months after Lucky, our lab-shepard mix, died, which was 6 months after my yellow lab/Lucky's mate died. Was in tears. So yeah wait!

• Winter in Oceanside...

I've decided to give this book a read. I figure it would be better to read this before things go downhill with Lilly. I know that I'll be a basket case "after", and I've heard such good things about the book.

The Preface has already made me cry!