• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Gwen Stefani to donate 10/30 concert proceeds to benefit SD fires victims

Gwen Stefani Donates Concert Proceeds to Victims of San Diego Fires

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Gwen Stefani announced that proceeds from her Tuesday night October 30th, concert in San Diego at Cox Arena will go to local San Diego charity the San Diego Foundation (http://www.sdfoundation.org), to benefit victims of the recent catastrophic area fires.

Stefani made the announcement this morning on local radio station 93.3 KHTS with San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders. Said the native Southern California girl, "San Diego has always been so supportive of me throughout my entire career...living in Orange County it has always been like a second home to me. When I heard about the devastation of the fires at first I felt I should cancel my show out of respect but then it occurred to me there might be a more useful solution."

San Diego mayor, Jerry Sanders added, "We applaud the generosity of Gwen Stefani in dedicating her upcoming concert to support The San Diego Foundation's After-the-Fires Fund 2007, which will help The Foundation help San Diego. I have been heartened by the many who have come forward to assist us in the fire relief effort, and we thank Gwen Stefani and her fans for supporting the fire recovery and rebuilding across San Diego."

Stefani is winding down her worldwide "The Sweet Escape Tour," with stops this week in Tucson, AZ (10/29), Stockton, CA (11/1), Oakland, CA (11/2) and Santa Barbara, CA (11/3).
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...9102007-1.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Gwen Stefani to donate 10/30 concert proceeds to benefit SD fires victims

Good for her.

Now she can help the rest of us by getting started on that new No Doubt album.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Go Gwen! It makes me happy to see big name stars doing such things as these to help their fellow man. This definately raises her a few notches higher in my eyes.

Thanks for the article. I'll be posting this on my site and I'll make sure to give you credit, ALIASd.

...Joe...

• Banned User

I love Gwen Stefani. You never hear any negative press on her. She seems like a class act! This further proves it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Why not the Orange County fires? She's from there... It's awesome that she's doing that, but ....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Why not the Orange County fires? She's from there... It's awesome that she's doing that, but ....
    Maybe she will, just advertised as S.D. fires? Dunno! She'd not turn her back on the O.C.!!!

• Circle of Ancients

She is just one cool chick. Love her and kudos to her.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Stefani sets up scholarships for students hit by Calif. fires

AP file photo by Seth Wenig
    Gwen Stefani is contributing $166,000 from her local concert
    to provide scholarships for students who lost their homes in
    San Diego's recent wildfires.

SAN DIEGO (AP) Gwen Stefani is contributing $166,000 from her local concert to provide scholarships for students who lost their homes in San Diego's recent wildfires.

Proceeds from her Oct. 30 concert in San Diego were donated to The San Diego Foundation's fire relief fund.

"When I heard about the devastation of the fires, at first I felt I should cancel my show out of respect. But then it occurred to me there might be a more useful solution," the 38-year-old singer said in a recent statement.

The Gwen Stefani After-the-Fires Scholarship will be open to college students and graduating high school seniors who lost their homes or their source of income in the October fires, which killed at least 10 people and destroyed more than 1,700 homes.

The scholarship application deadline is Jan. 28.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...terstitialskip
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Gwen Stefani is a really good celebrity because she is a humanitarian. May she be blessed with a good future ahead.
    It may be time for you to get on that needed vacation