View Poll Results: Please rate this show - (Only if you have seen it)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** - Loved It

    1 100.00%
  • **** - Liked It

    0 0%
  • *** - OK

    0 0%
  • ** - Didn't Like

    0 0%
  • * - Issues

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Little Mermaid

  1. #1

    • I'm not really here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Too Far From Disneyland
    Posts
    11,236

    Little Mermaid

    So, Little Mermaid opens on Broadway in two days. Who wishes they could be there for that? I do!
    http://disney.go.com/theatre/thelitt...aid/index.html

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    948

    Re: Little Mermaid

    me too!!!

  3. #3

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Me! I am going to see it in June...it's too far away I can't wait that long.

  4. #4

    • aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Soon to be Eureka, CALIFORNIA!
    Posts
    276

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Me three!

    Yes, I've seen it 3 times already, but I want to see the final product! I think I'm going to try and go sometime next year.

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1

    Re: Little Mermaid

    I work on Little Mermaid as as dresser here in NYC. We have our first performance tomorrow night. It's a beautiful production all around.

  6. #6

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Quote Originally Posted by junglered View Post
    I work on Little Mermaid as as dresser here in NYC. We have our first performance tomorrow night. It's a beautiful production all around.
    You're kidding me!! Ok you've gotta give us some inside scoop. What's changed from the Denver engagement? What can we expect?

    For reference to everyone else this thread has more information
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 11-03-2007 at 02:26 PM.

  7. #7

    • DisneyGuru
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Just got back from opening night in pre-show. Little mishap with part of the set did not detract from a wonderful performance!!! Some highlights for those who saw the Denver show (without giving too much away)....
    - Look for some new bling, frills, gills and tech added to some of the costumes most criticized.
    - A completely new ending with a newly empowered Ariel!! Much better role model for young girls!!
    - Minor tweaks to the Under the Sea, Le Possion, Good Old Days Back production numbers...all for the better!
    - Another small tweak to "The Contest" (Ariel's part).
    I have to say I liked this version was much better passed and all the parts that dragged on in the Denver production have been refined.

  8. #8

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Quote Originally Posted by DineyGuru View Post
    - Look for some new bling, frills, gills and tech added to some of the costumes most criticized.
    - A completely new ending with a newly empowered Ariel!! Much better role model for young girls!!
    Details?

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    15 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    130

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Quote Originally Posted by DineyGuru View Post
    Just got back from opening night in pre-show. Little mishap with part of the set did not detract from a wonderful performance!!! Some highlights for those who saw the Denver show (without giving too much away)....
    - Look for some new bling, frills, gills and tech added to some of the costumes most criticized.
    - A completely new ending with a newly empowered Ariel!! Much better role model for young girls!!
    - Minor tweaks to the Under the Sea, Le Possion, Good Old Days Back production numbers...all for the better!
    - Another small tweak to "The Contest" (Ariel's part).
    I have to say I liked this version was much better passed and all the parts that dragged on in the Denver production have been refined.
    Oooo, I'm glad to hear that!!
    I really want to see this!

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Details?
    Yeah, details would be nice.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain


  10. #10

    • DisneyGuru
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7

    Re: Little Mermaid

    ---Spoiler alert--- (for anyone that wants to be surprised w/ the Changes).




    Flotsam and Jetsam get an upgrade fitting there electric eel status with a cool green led effect on the arms and back (lighting changed appropriately). Additionally frilly Scales added to arms and back.
    Flounder also gets some frills on the arms and back so his costume looks less like a t-shirt and more like a guppy.
    Sabasitan gets a bigger crab hat (you can actually tell it's a crab this time).
    Ariel's dresses have more sparkle (or maybe the lighting is just better).
    Urusula's "bubble" gets an upgrade with it's own set of tenacles.
    The "corkscrew" set gets both new internal lighting and an "umbrella" effect upgrade.


    The dialog and ending has changed to make it readily apparent that the shell is the source of Ursulas power and destroying it kills her. Her demise is much better than the running off the stage thing they did in Denver. Stage also gets and upgrade w/ tenacles out over the audience (a little cheezy though). It is also apparent that the distruction of the shell and Ursula is Ariel's decision and redemption moment which was completely lost in the original...this is reenforced by Triton's speech right after.

  11. #11

    • aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Soon to be Eureka, CALIFORNIA!
    Posts
    276

    Re: Little Mermaid

    From the sounds of it, the show hasn't changed much from what I saw.

    Remember, the detailed review I gave on opening night was a lot different from the 2 other ones I saw while it was in Denver. Ursula's new tenticles were added why the show was still in Denver, quite a bit after my first review. The ending sounds like the same ending I saw on closing night in Denver, too. It had a different ending all 3 nights, but it sounds like they went with the one on closing night.

  12. #12

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Quote Originally Posted by DineyGuru View Post

    The dialog and ending has changed to make it readily apparent that the shell is the source of Ursulas power and destroying it kills her. Her demise is much better than the running off the stage thing they did in Denver. Stage also gets and upgrade w/ tenacles out over the audience (a little cheezy though). It is also apparent that the distruction of the shell and Ursula is Ariel's decision and redemption moment which was completely lost in the original...this is reenforced by Triton's speech right after.
    So I heard that Ariel actually is turned back into a Mermaid and Triton makes her human again. Is that correct? If so, that's perfect.

  13. #13

    • DisneyGuru
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7

    Re: Little Mermaid

    Yes..."Ariel" turns back into a Mermaid and Triton changes her back.

  14. #14

    • DisneyGuru
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7

    Re: Little Mermaid

    I only saw opening night in Denver, so the changes that I mentioned were compared to the opening night performance.

  15. #15

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Little Mermaid

    I still wish I saw Mary Poppins when I went to New York late August...

    hrrrrmmmmf


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I saw Little Mermaid!
    By nnic in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
  2. The Little Mermaid 3?????
    By AidensDaddy in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
  3. who got the little mermaid DVD?
    By ~xxBooxx~ in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 05:18 PM
  4. The Little Mermaid..
    By EagleWings in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 08:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •