Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Hannah Montana - I won tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You listen to Mix 100.7?
    Yeah, I like them, variety without being obnoxious and safe enough to listen to at work.

Why, what do you listen to?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Yeah, I like them, variety without being obnoxious and safe enough to listen to at work.

Why, what do you listen to?
    I honestly hate commercial radio these days, but if I do listen, it's on 101.5 The Point, 102.5 The Bone or 107.3 The Eagle.... and sometimes 97X.

I just have no respect for Mix 100.7 since they outright LIED to an in-studio guest right on the air back in 2001.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I honestly hate commercial radio these days, but if I do listen, it's on 101.5 The Point, 102.5 The Bone or 107.3 The Eagle.... and sometimes 97X.

I just have no respect for Mix 100.7 since they outright LIED to an in-studio guest right on the air back in 2001.
    Oh! I like Fisher and Boy in the morning, Phil got me hooked on them. Especially on days like today I avoid Mix only because they have psychic Andrea Thursdays.

She has so many roll your eyes moments. This woman calls in today and goes, "My husband and I are moving to California next year and we are both pursuing jobs in the movie industry. I financially and him artistically but I wanted to know how that would pan out." She goes, "Oh yes, I see your husband is very creative."

Well DUH, if he's an actor chances are he's very creative, even I could have pulled that out of thin air.

I'm curious though, what did they say on the air that made them liars? I have never heard of this situation so now you have me curious. LOL

Oh and I have all those stations programmed in my car, I tend to flip but Mix is my main station. :P

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Man clings to 'Hannah Montana' statue to win concert tickets

By Kevork Djansezian, AP
    For the better part of six days, Jody Powell, 35,
    clung to a 12-foot statue of Hannah Montana in order to
    win concert tickets for his fiancee's 7-year-old daughter.

TAMPA (AP) Some people will do anything to make a kid happy.

Jody Powell, 35, hung on to a 12-foot statue of Hannah Montana for the better part of six days to win tickets to a sold-out concert by Miley Cyrus, star of the Disney Channel TV show. The concert will be held next week in Tampa.

"I'm ecstatic. It's like a dream come true," said Powell, holding four tickets to the show and a photo of his fiancee with her 7-year-old daughter, also named Hannah.

Twenty contestants started Nov. 8, placing a hand on the 400-pound statue in the parking lot of radio station WFLZ-FM, the contest's sponsor. They were allowed 12-minute breaks every three hours and got catered meals, but weren't allowed books, cellphones or iPods.

Powell was declared the winner Wednesday afternoon when the other remaining contestant, Lara Padgett, became distracted and let go.

"That sun really got to me today," said Padgett, who later was checked out at a hospital because she wasn't feeling well. "I took my hand off the fur-lined boot."

But the two had already made a deal. Powell gets the tickets, and Padgett will use the two backstage passes that are part of the prize package. They'll split a $5,000 cash prize.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...terstitialskip
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

What's funny about that story is I spoke with one of the guys who was working the event and he said that the other woman had already had 8 tickets to the event and was just doing it because she didn't have anything else to do.

I'm glad the guy got the tickets but I don't think he should have to share anything with that woman.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

She should get the 400 pound statue as a parting gift. Enjoy the show!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

wow how did she get 8 tickets? she must have had friends with her. because there was a limit to the number of tickets one person could buy. The MJ morning show did the contest they are part of the clear channel complex here in tampa. I am not surprised it lasted 6 days. the last contest that MJ had like this one was based on survivor and it lasted over a week and the final two contestants made a deal to split the prize as well.
    this whole hannah montana frenzy reminds me of the backstreet boys concert when my daughter was in high school. there was so much demand that the band actually added a second concert that also quickly sold out. I think concert promoters should reconsider how they book venues and have more than one performance per venue. just my opinion.

I took my daughter to the nov 4th show in san jose. I was amazing... she is 7 and I think I liked it more than she did... I got her earplugs and I am so glad I did.. Congrats. The Jonas Brothers did a great Job. I would actually like to go see it again.. Enjoy and congrats...it is definately an unforgetable experience

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I'm curious though, what did they say on the air that made them liars? I have never heard of this situation so now you have me curious. LOL
    It was back in January 2001. Duran Duran was in town for some shows at Ruth Eckerd Hall. They were guests on the morning show and they were talking about their latest album at the time. One of the DJ's said, "Oh yeah, we've been playing your single a lot!" TOTAL LIE. They played the song ONE time when it came out around 6 months beforehand, decided they didn't like it and never played it again. I agree it wasn't a good single, but to lie about it on the air to an in-studio guest who happens to be the artist? Stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12