Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1653

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Baby Bargains buyers guide... we need to get crackin' on buying and registering for baby gear.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I picked up Tron Betrayal today, it's a quick read but the art is amazing.
    I read this too. I was surprised it was exactly as advertised: a prequel to TRON: Legacy. And a good one.

I'm in the middle of Brightest Day, volume one, a collection of the first eight installments of the comic book series. It's much better than Blackest Night, which had its story spread across several, separate titles which made following along in the collected edition a little haphazard.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Just finished The Scorch Trials. Part 2 in a trilogy that started with The Maze Runner. I highly recommend these books. Third and final book due out next year. Can't come soon enough.
    I read "The Maze Runner" right before school started and I got frustrated with it about third the way in, so I ended up googling the ending. Once I did that I liked it...

I've read a number of books in my month off of school, which was my plan....
    "Boneshaker" really liked.
    "Matched" why do I always find series?! I start one thinking "this looks like a good book..." and then I find myself at the first part of a trilogy and then angry that the book was so good I need to know what happens next. It was a good-ish book though. It's weird reading books about Big Brother when you work at a hospital and you monitor vitals, how much a person has had in and out, and you all dress in the same color. It's like "when did I become Big Brother?!"
    "Vampire Academy: Last Sacrifice" The last in that series. It was okay. I liked how it ended I felt bad for a character though.

Reading "I Am Number Four" which... I am 20 pages into it.

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

Disney/Pixar's Storybook Collection. It's awesome and funny. I read the stories again AND AGAIN. There are the upsides and downsides to reading a book that both little AND big kids can understand.

Upsides:
    1. It's Toy Story
    2. It's FUNNY!!!!
    3. It's awesome
    4. It's got the actual movies, plus stories that just have the characters
    5. It's got romance AT ALL!! (Usually u don't see romance in kids books)
    6. It's got...fairly acurate details...

Downsides:
    1. The only romance w/ Buzz and Jessie IN THAT BOOK is not very easily spotted as "romance" 2 some peeps. And that "romance" is Buzz and Jessie being the 1st to hold hands in the incinerator. And all the rest is Woody and Bo.
    2. U remember back to the thing (yes, it is SAD) in Toy Story 2, where poor Jessie REALLY doesn't want 2 go to (okay, I'll say it JUST THIS ONCE...) storage again? In the book, and Disney Press shall get FULL CREDIT for what I quote, the text says, "Jessie gasped. 'He still has an owner!' she cried. She shook her head..." Ummmmmmmmmmmm..........there was more than just head shaking involved. Still, they do not want to put any huge (and freaky for some) words in a book that both young and not-as-young would be reading...

Hope u enjoyed my in-depth book review!
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Kingdom Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Been finding more time to read and just finished The Lion, by Nelson Demille and 61 Hours and Worth Dying For by Lee Child. Now I'm working on the Gate House by Demille. For Christmas, I got In Service to the Mouse by Jack Lindquist and Kevin Yee's Walt Disney World Hidden History.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finally finished Traitor to His Class: The Privileged Life and Radical Presidency of Franklin Delano Roosevelt by H. W. Brands. I like long biographies and this did not disappoint.

Also read the last of Walt Disney's EPCOT Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. I believe I have the second edition, but it is mostly a brochure for the then recently opened EPCOT Center, including bits about announced, but never opened parts of the park. I was really surprised at how much of it was focused on the Mexico Pavilion and now gone El Rio de Tiempo.

I have just started Theme Park Design: Behind the Scenes with an Engineer by Steve Alcorn. I really liked Alcorn's diary/memoirs of building The American Adventure, Building a Better Mouse, so I have high hopes for this.

• Rock Star Minion

I've started to read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain. Never had to read it as a kid. Then again, I avoided those classes. Now, I can relax and read it.

Recently finished the collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. I think I borrowed that book back in June or July.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-03-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished Theme Park Design: Behind the Scenes with an Engineer by Steve Alcorn. Not as good as Building a Better Mouse, but still interesting. Alcorn has some nice humor and provides a good general overview of a lot of the players in the processes involved in actually building something for themed entertainment. The biggest problem is that this book feels like it was typed up a few years ago, never really proof read and just randomly published this past October. There area a few references that are made in the present tense to attraction that are now defunct. One of these is a little slam against El Rio de Tiempo, which I found funny considering how much emphasis it is given in Walt Disney's EPCOT Center: Building the New World of Tomorrow.

Now reading Soviet SST: The Technopolitics of the Tupolev-144 by Howard Moon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

The Lost Hero- Kinda' pissed me off. Once again with me and finding the first one in a series... I was like "Yay! Let's go on an adventure!" And then I see that the next one is coming out in the fall... Seriously? If you're going to do a series like this then write a whole bunch, then publish them fairly quickly...

The Knitting Circle- Ann Hood. I cried. It was good. It made me go out, find a hard yet fun knitting pattern, spend $116 on yarn, and knit. I haven't been that empowered to go do that in awhile. So if fiction can do that....

Firelight- A purchase when I have no sleep and a new reader I want to play with. Heard it was going to be made into a movie. It's completely cheesy and didn't end well (there was no conclusion. At least some of these multi arched books, when the first book ends you feel satisfied. I thought my ereader messed up and ate a bunch of pages.).

Sitting next to me is "Clockwork Angel" and I want to start that before I go to bed.

I feel like I am missing something. I've been reading non-stop during my break. As of tomorrow I will be reading Fundamentals of Nursing!

• sleepy lagoon

The Story of American Railroads by Stewart Holbrook..

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Just finished Under The Dome by Stephen King a few days ago. I enjoyed it although there was a major subplot that I thought was somewhat weak. Still, all in all a very good book.

I'm now reading A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished Soviet SST: The Technopolitics of the Tupolev-144 by Howard Moon. It was a little dry and severely lacking in illustrations or pictures so that readers could know see all of the aircraft and their features that are mentioned. Today with the internet finding images is not difficult, but that was not an option when the book was originally published in 1989.

Now reading The Second World War, Volume II: Their Finest Hour by Sir Winston Churchill.

ok, so i'm waaaaaayyyyyy to lazy to read all 100 pages, so idk if anyone has read these books yet, but they're called the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. They are SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! Really well written, brilliant humor, and great characterization. I was tuned in the whole time and read all three (well, four, but it's a prequel series that i also love within one month, which is good for me

The order of the books goes:
    City of Bones
    City of Ashes
    City of Glass
    And......coming soon!!!! City of Fallen Angels!!!! She's continuing the series because it had some open ended questions. go on her sight, cassandraclare.com. she'll tell you more.

anywho, it's about this girl, named Clary Fray, who discovers this invisible world within our own with angels, demons, vampires, werewolves (no not the twilight ones , faeries, etc. Basically, all the legends are true and she finds out she's a shadowhunter, which are people who have angel blood in them and combat demons to protect the humans.

Cassandra Clare really throws you for a loop, too. it's really a good read. you have no idea what's gonna happen next, which keeps you interested. i recommend everyone go out and read them now! especially since they're in the beginning process of making movies out of them, but you can get that info elsewhere

oh yeah! and the prequel series, the Infernal Devices, is beginning to come out. The first book, A Clockwork Angel is out and reeeeeaaaaaaally good. i loved it just as much as the mortal instruments.

happy reading!!!
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i got done reading The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks. it was my first Nicolas Sparks book and i absolutely loved it! now i'm all ready for the movie!

if anyone has any other Nicolas Sparks books to recommend or any others like it, i would greatly appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post