Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1653

• Banned User

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    i got done reading The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks. it was my first Nicolas Sparks book and i absolutely loved it! now i'm all ready for the movie!

if anyone has any other Nicolas Sparks books to recommend or any others like it, i would greatly appreciate it
    Dear John, The Last Song, Nights in Rodanthe, The Choice, At First Sight, The Notebook, and The Wedding. Those are all the ones I've read so far, because those are the only ones I have at the moment. (I'm reading True Believer right now, which is actually the book that goes before At First Sight, but oh well). All his books are amazing, so no matter which one you choose read I'm sure you'll enjoy it. However, most of his other books have really, really sad endings- a lot more sad than The Lucky One had. I've cried in just about every book of his that I've read, whether it was because it was unbelievably sad or because it was so ridiculously sweet. I plan on reading all his books, and I'm currently working on it, because he's my absolute favorite author (:

• no flash photography...

I just finished The duchess. It puts the movie to shame.

• Rock Star Minion

Just Finished "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer."
    A fun read.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• EpcotDreamer

Wow! I've been trying to find some good Disney themed books- thanks for your opinion. Do you have any more suggestions?
    EpcotDreamer!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished The Bermuda Triangle: An Incredible Saga of Unexplained Disappearances by Charles Berlitz. Just sort of a small catalogue of disappearances instead of the claimed "Incredible Saga". A little disappointing compared to The Philadelphia Experiment: Project Invisibility, which presents a fully detailed conspiracy.

Still slowly The Second World War - Volume II: Their Finest Hour reading by Sir Winston Churchill.

Also started The Secret History of Star Wars: The Art of Storytelling and the Making of a Modern Epic by Michael Kaminski.

• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

• Future Disney Imagineer

Just finished Ender's Game, and I'm now reading Ender's Shadow. They're great!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Working on Walt Disney World: Hidden History, by our own Kevin Yee. Fun stuff! Also Reading P.D. James's Talking About Detective Fiction.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I'm not really here

Just started reading The Martian Tales Trilogy by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Figured since we're getting the live action soon, I should read the stories.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

The Distant Hours - Kate Morton
    It's hard to get into and kind of weird and i'm not liking it too much, so I think it's going back.

Next up: Love finds you in Camelot, Tennessee
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Showtime! A History of the American Musical Theatre. Interesting so far.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• What Time Taught Us

I'm about to start Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I've heard it was good. I tried not to read too much of the synopsis so it'd all be a surprise, but the little I read kind of freaked me out. hooray!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished The Secret History of Star Wars: The Art of Storytelling and the Making of a Modern Epic by Michael Kaminski. An interesting read that really has me rethinking how I view Star Wars.

Also read Al Smith and His America by Handlin Oscar. I did not learn much new, having read a rather detailed mini-bio in The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York by Robert A. Caro and his natural inclusion in the relevant portions of Traitor to His Class: The Privileged Life and Radical Presidency of Franklin Delano Roosevelt by H. W. Brands, but he is one of the few people who, the more I read about him the more interested I become and my respect for him increases.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Just finished 'Water for Elephants'. I saw the trailer for the movie a couple months ago. I was so intrigued that I wanted to read the book, knowing I had sort of a deadline til the movie came out.

Great story. You really feel for Jacob throughout the book. Can't wait to see the movie.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

I'm currently reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Good book. Great movie.