Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1653

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Read Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne on my mother's iPhone 4.

• Disneyland PAP

Suck It, Wonder Woman!: The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek by Olivia Munn. I have a love-hate relationship with this pretty geek. Love that she's pretty, hate that she talks like a sailor. But the book's very candid and she includes a number of LOL anecdotes from her experiences growing up as an Air Force brat and her early years trying to break into Hollywood. I'm impressed with her candor and that she's succeeded getting to where she's at now by her own rules and a hell of a lotta gumption.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I just finished reading "Love, Ellen" by Betty Degeneres. She's got a really good message. The last couple chapters are a little too thinly focused on gay rights compared to the general message of acceptance for all and the theme of growing, changing and accepting what life throws at you of the rest of the autobiography. It's a good book with a wonderful humor and great lessons. I'm handing it over to my mom for her too read. I think she'll relate to many things the mother of the comedian has to say.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just finished Four Stages of Renaissance Style: Transformations in Art and Literature 1400 - 1700 by Wylie Sypher.

Starting Made in Texas: George W. Bush and the Southern Takeover of American Politics by Michael Lind and The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.

I'm currently reading "No Plot? No Problem!: A low-stress, high-velocitry guide to writing a novel in 30 days" by Chris Baty.

I won this book at a write-in during nanowrimo and am planning to attempt this 50k words in 30 days thing again in March. Which is why I'm reading the book now. I "won" in november so gonna try again. Haven't written since then and need to get back in the habit.

Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just finished Made in Texas: George W. Bush and the Southern Takeover of American Politics by Michael Lind. It starts off like it is going offer an analysis of a claimed dichotomy of Texas politics and culture, but never gets very deep into anything. Instead of serious assessment of Texas and Southern politics, it offers up the same oft repeated criticisms so that the book never sounds like nothing more than a collection of contemporary stereotypes and cliches. By the end, despite a last chapter which is some sort of unrelated third path moderates manifesto supposedly derived from the previously mentioned "other" Texas, Lind just sounds conspiratorial, bigoted and fearful, just like the Southerns he is criticizing.

Now starting on The Urban General Plan by T. J. Kent, Jr.

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    I'm currently reading "No Plot? No Problem!: A low-stress, high-velocitry guide to writing a novel in 30 days" by Chris Baty.

I won this book at a write-in during nanowrimo and am planning to attempt this 50k words in 30 days thing again in March. Which is why I'm reading the book now. I "won" in november so gonna try again. Haven't written since then and need to get back in the habit.
    that sounds interesting. one good book on writing I've read was.... er... On Writing. lol. by Stephen King.

I'm currently reading Sister Carrie By Theodore Dreiser and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I've already read Frankenstein before but don't really remember much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    that sounds interesting. one good book on writing I've read was.... er... On Writing. lol. by Stephen King.
    Funnily, I read "On Writing" years ago and plucked it off my shelf earlier tonight to put on the desk to maybe read when I finish No Plot.

FB, Twitter

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished The Urban General Plan by T. J. Kent, Jr. I was expecting something theoretical and it is entirely practical.

Now starting Architecture and the Crisis of Modern Science by Alberto Pérez-Gómez.

• What Time Taught Us

Finished reading Sister Carrie and Frankenstein. Both were good, but they were for school so that gives it -10 points right there. lol.

next up is some leisure reading, and I haven't really decided yet. Thinking about either The Book Theif or Unaccustomed Earth.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Architecture and the Crisis of Modern Science by Alberto Pérez-Gómez. Interesting premiss, but I think most of it was bull, but then that would sort of fit with the point of the book...

Now starting Inquest: The Warren Commission and the Establishment of Truth by Edward Jay Epstein.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

"A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished Inquest: The Warren Commission and the Establishment of Truth by Edward Jay Epstein. An early, and much more level-headed examination. The weirdest part for me was seeing the references to junior lawyer Arlen Specter and Congressman Gerald Ford, as I am not that old.

Now back to working on The Second World War - Volume II: Their Finest Hour by Sir Winston Churchill. My grandmother gave me a set with all six volumes last Christmas. It is fascinating, and I do want to read the whole thing, but at times it reads like a government report.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just started The Atomic Bazaar: The Rise of the Nuclear Poor by William Langewiesche.

• What Time Taught Us

I'm still reading The Book Thief. About halfway done with that, but I haven't been able to find the time since I'm also reading The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway along with A Midsummer Night's Dream.