Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1653

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

I started reading Joe Hill by Wallace Stegner. It's a biographical novel.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• What Time Taught Us

finished The Sun Also Rises and about to start As I Lay Dying by Faulkner. yup.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Reading through Four Decades of Magic, the essay collection about WDW's 40th anniversary with the greats online WDW historians. Highly recommended!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    I'm currently reading "No Plot? No Problem!: A low-stress, high-velocitry guide to writing a novel in 30 days" by Chris Baty.

I won this book at a write-in during nanowrimo and am planning to attempt this 50k words in 30 days thing again in March. Which is why I'm reading the book now. I "won" in november so gonna try again. Haven't written since then and need to get back in the habit.
    Awww! That's on my bookshelf. I've read it like 6 times. I used to do Nanowrimo and Script Frenzy every year. This year, though, with school and work.... Nursing school is kinda' kicking my butt...

So somehow in between clinicals, school, and work (and my clinical schedule is now every Friday/Saturday I work, so I go to class Thursday night, work that night, go home sleep for 4 hours, go to clinicals, come home sleep for 1 hour, go to work and repeat) I carved in minutes here and there to read the fourth in the "Mortal Instruments" series. So "Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels," good but... eh. I wanted a Simon story and everytime Clary and Jace whine to each other I find my med surg book really interesting.

• What Time Taught Us

finished As I Lay Dying, and I loved it! although I'm not sure I would have been able to follow it were I not reading it for school and discussing it in class.

I'm also halfway through Much Ado About Nothing, and still chugging along through The Book Thief. hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

I'm currently reading The Ax by Donald E. Westlake and also 100 Questions and Answers about Fibromyalgia by Sharon Ostalecki, PhD and Martin S. Tamler, MD, FAAPMR (since the doc thinks I have this I figured I'd find out a little more about it).
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I finished reading 'Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play' yesterday night. Your life is not complete until you've read the KK series.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I finished reading 'Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play' yesterday night. Your life is not complete until you've read the KK series.
    Really? I read the first one and wasn't impressed. Do they get better?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Hukuna Matata!

I am reading a book called Nuts! Southwest Airlines' Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success. Great So far

• What Time Taught Us

finished The Book Thief. Beyond excellent! I wept. I actually miss it right now. lol.

also read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. godawful. hated it.

finishing Much Ado About Nothing tonight or tomorrow, and starting Jhumpa Lahiri's Unaccustomed Earth, which I'm excited for. I loved her other compilation of short stories Interpreter of Maladies (which won a Pulitzer!) and her novel The Namesake.

I tried reading the strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and put it down before I even got halfway done with it. I dunno what it is but for some reason old british english really bugs that crap out of me.

Im about to start "on the beach" its about a family starting a new life in australia after most of the world was destroyed in a nuclear war. I might save for the trip to DLP but well see if I can hold off into then lol

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe.

A terrific read filled with funny truths and tales by a truly nice, smart, polite fellow Springsteen fan.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

12 Angry Men

Pretty interesting play

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    .also read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. godawful. hated it. [/I]
    I hear ya on this one. Utterly unimpressed with that "classic". It might have been a creepy, 'what-if' type story back in the days, but now it's lame and silly.

I recently finished Angelas Ashes by Frank McCourt. Excellent book. I laughed a few times and felt genuinely sorry for him the entire time. I will definitely be reading the sequel, 'Tis.

I am currently reading Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin. It was writtenin the 50s by a white journalist who darkened his skin color (through meds and makeup) to get a better view of what African Americans were going through in the racially-charged deep South.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Really? I read the first one and wasn't impressed. Do they get better?
    WHAT!? You didn't like the first one?

And yes, they do get better.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!