Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8588398105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1653

• no flash photography...

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Sara's Key...very sad story....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just finished Talons of the Eagle: Latin America, the United States, and the World by Peter H. Smith.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just started Adam Richman's (The host of Man vs. Food) book, America the Edible. Interesting writing style.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

The biography of Steve Jobs......pretty interesting read so far.

Right this second I’m reading "Task Force Helmand" by Doug Beattie. It a book about real life events that take place in Afghanistan. I would recommend this book to anybody who has an interest in the military, or anybody who wants to read exactly what it's like to live life on the edge.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Just finished "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron and cried all the way through it. Good story, but one you can't read in public unless you keep a box of tissues handy. (Or maybe I'm just soft.... )

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Just started The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney by Michael Barrier.

​Just finished "The Handmaid's Tale" and am on "Sybil Exposed" now.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Sock Puppet

Ijust started a book that someone told me about.. it's called “Diaryof an Alcoholic Housewife”..and the person that told me about itwas sitting next to me at this bar I had been at over the weekend forlunch. LOL.

"Hope: A Tragedy" (black humor about finding Anne Frank as an old woman in the attic of a house the main character just bought) and "The Shining." Got to the point in the Shining where I couldn't put it down. Not even to go to bed at 1am when I had to get up in the morning. Got caught up in it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

What was your last read?

Hi friends,
    Well I used to read various types of books continuously and consistently, don’t matter whether it is a novel, story, comic, and article. Etc. just love reading. Therefore finally finished reading “Black Dagger Brotherhood series” by JR Ward's.
    How about you?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: What was your last read?

'Spencer Tracy - A Biography' by James Curtis of Brea, California. The book clocks in at 1001 pages and is packed with really interesting stories of Tracy's life onstage, onscreen and behind the scenes with Katherine Hepburn, among a number of others.

Disney fans will find a number of mentions of Walt, Lillian and Diane Disney throughout as they were good friends of the Tracy's. They spent time together out on the town, at home for dinners and on the polo fields that were all the rage at the time. They are even buried near each other at Forest Lawn in Glendale.

The most fascinating connection detailed in the book is Walt's role in the John Tracy Clinic, inspired by the Tracy's son John who was born deaf and created by his mother Mrs. Louise Tracy. She'd asked Mr. Disney to become a Board member which he'd agreed to and initially donated $100 dollars (!).

After the first meeting in November 1943 Walt asked to see how the clinic worked for himself.
    He asked,"Don't they have cots?" when saw that the children there were sleeping on the floor at naptime. Mrs. Tracy said, "No, they just sleep on mats on the floor." The next day there wer cots and, at Christmas time, a truckload of gifts - puppets and toys, all Disney-licensed, that could be used in teaching.
    A benefit premiere was held at Grauman's Egyptian Theatre for the John Tracy Clinic that featured a short film explaining the clinic's mission.

'Listening Eyes' was principally the work of Walt Disney, who funded the short for $12,000 and contributed it's director Larry Lansburgh. To control costs, students at the USC School of Cinema crewed and helped create sets, and the color stock was donated by Ansco. "He has been very interested in our Clinic because he has known John since he was a little fellow and was on our original Board of Directors," Louise said of Disney, "and yet it took him five years to get around to 'allowing' that maybe he could make a picture about us."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished) [Merged Threads]

I just finished The Hunger Games trilogy about a month ago. As I'm sure you've heard, it's absolutely amazing!! If anyone is worried it's a kids/girly/love triangle type story, let me assure you that it is not! It is a post-apoctalyptic dystopian story that follows one girl, Katniss, as she battles 23 other "victors" in what is called the Hunger Games. Once I started, I could not put the books down! I'm itching to read another great series.

Currently, I am just beginning The Hobbit. I actually can't remember if I've read it before, or started and never finished. Either way, I do remember that I mastered Cirth, the ancient rune language used by dwarves, years ago when I first purchased the book, haha.

flower gleam & glow...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Currently reading "Four Past Midnight" by Stephen King. It's one of his short story collections.

I previously read "Duma Key" by.... Stephen King. It was weird reading one of his books that wasn't set in Maine like they usually are. This one was set in Florida, near the Sarasota area (King owns some property down that way). Was strange and kind of cool especially when the Tampa Bay area got mentioned... especially when I was reading one part about Davis Island and I wasn't far from the actual Davis Island when I was reading that chapter.

After this, I have 3 more Stephen King books to read (Christine, Cell and Dome), but I want to re-read "The Talisman" again (the one King wrote with Peter Straub) as well as the Dark Tower series again.

Can you tell I'm a Stephen King fan?

• "Always On The Move..."

The Saga of Laurten Crepsley. The prequel to the Cirque Du Freak series. Just as awesome as the CDF series. I understand this is the first in a new series.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6