Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1653

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished) [Merged Threads]

"The Power of Habit" . Great book. Why and how we form habits, how we can make them into what we want, how we can use them.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Just finished Anna & The French Kiss -- young adult book -- found it very easy very entertaining read (but you have to be accepting of teen fiction) -- now I am working on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just finished Dawn of the Dreadfuls, the prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: lots of fun! Next up is The Affair, by Lee Child.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

​The Hunger Games.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Currently reading Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. should be wrapping it up when Christopher Moore's new book Sacre Bleu comes out!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Reading the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom. Have the whole set, just never got around to reading them!

• Infinitized!

Not too long ago finished:
    Next by Michael Crichton. An interesting book but it jumped around quite a bit. This was the last book Michael released while he was still alive. Two posthumously released books followed. I have yet to read Micro - his very last book that was finished by a co-author.

After Next, I went into something a little different...
    Tintin - After watching the Spielberg movie last Christmas, I really wanted to revisit these books. I loved them when I was in elementary school. Our library had them in both French and English. The bug bit and I had to go out a buy a few. Still great after all these years, and I actually wouldn't rank these books as just for kids either as there are gun fights and drunkeness. So far I read:
    The Crab With the Golden Claws
    Tintin in Tibet
    Only problem I realized is, you kind of have to read these in order, as there are characters or plotpoints that refer to previous books. Great to revisit though. Hoping to re-read the ones I've already read and read the ones I haven't. Can't wait for another movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Got through the Field Guides to MK, EPCOT, and DHS. About halfway through the Animal Kingdom. Then it's Disneyland and back to some Agatha Christie.

And, for school, catching up on 1984 and Catcher in the Rye. Reread each book every year I teach them, despite how well I know them.

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Sing me to sleepĒ is the book that I am sticking with at the present and itís a touching, fascinating story about friendship, love and life. I have enjoyed of reading this book so far.

• Rock Star Minion

Just finished "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt." It was a first edition (1979) from my father's "library" with at least three typo's. Might be worth something on the market. Very interesting life.
    Now, reading "Catch-22," which I'm calling "470 pages of absurdity."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• i believe in faeries.

i'm currently reading the 2012 unofficial guide to disneyland, getting pumped for my trip in september. before that, i read university by bentley little, on reccomendation from a friend. i hated it, but i rarely leave a book (or movie) unfinished once i start it. it was gross, and unexpectedly violent. i guess i'm not a huge fan of the horror genre, lol!

• Circle of Ancients

Just finished Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Took me just over a day, I just couldn't put it down. Just a really fun read.

Not sure what I'm on to next though. Probably go back and finish Game of Thrones.

• Disneyland PAP

Heat Wave - I got to read the first few chapters of the later books on ABC's Castle website and found them entertaining. When Amazon offered this first book for 99 cents, I bit. Reading it when I go to the gym, and it's a great replacement until the show returns in the fall.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I'm reading bob gurrs book, a star wars behind the scenes book, Walt Disney's Missouri, and rereading disneyland Paris from sketch to reality

• What Time Taught Us

I'm reading the series A Song of Ice and Fire. I've been a fan of the HBO adaption Game of Thrones since last year, but I haven't had time to read the books until this summer. I just started the third book -- A Storm of Swords -- today and, having finally delved into brand new, not-seen-on-tv territories, I'm having trouble putting it down.