Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 106085100107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1653

• Just this guy......

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished) [Merged Threads]

Just finished: Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey.

This is an action pack space story and was just a blast to read. I do not want to say too much because I don't want to give anything away.

Amazon.com: Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse) (9780316129084): James S.A. Corey: Books

Currently Reading The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, a collection of short horror stories.

Edit: many of the stories so far are not horror stories
    Last edited by Dreamer10; 07-31-2012 at 03:50 PM.

• is poppin' tags

Just finished reading Devil's Highway . It's about the perils of the Mexico/USA border crossers and those that track them. It was very touching and sad. It made me reconsider my own thoughts on Mexico/USA border relations. Just started reading: Half The Sky - Turing Oppression Into Opportunity For Women Worldwide . So far, I am learning a lot about human trafficking that I previously did not know too much about. It's interesting material and also inspirational. Given the fact that I am only one third into the material, I would be out on a limb to recommend it, yet I am doing it anyway. Thus far, the book has been exquisitely written and fully engaging.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Currently reading Christine by Stephen King, but I'm really not into it right now. I might just set it aside because I want to read Order of the Blood, which was co-written by my friend Nicole Vlachos.

• What Time Taught Us

I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I saw the trailer for the film to be released in a few months, and I was intrigued.

I started reading The Hard Way, another Jack Reacher novel, on the way to work this morning. I'm now 150 pages in and so far it's doing a great job of keeping me guessing.
    love is life

• Goofy

a tales of the twin cities its an interesting book but kinda challenging to read. still it is very entertaining and creepy at the same time. that dickens guy sure knows how to write well. ir is it? lol .still a good book though.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 19 pages to go...

• I'm not really here

Matched, Crossed and Reached. Finished the first two and halfway through the third. Really fun dystopian future story with a good plot and characters. I believe it has been optioned by Disney for a film series.

Incarceron and Saffique. Another really amazing dystopian future series. Such a unique story with things I have never read anywhere before. Quite an incredible adventure and one of my favorites.

Under the Never Sky
    . First in a series. Also very unique story with very well written characters.

I highly recommend all of these.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    a tales of the twin cities its an interesting book but kinda challenging to read. still it is very entertaining and creepy at the same time. that dickens guy sure knows how to write well. ir is it? lol .still a good book though.
    Yes, I love Charles Dickens. I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I never actually finished reading the A Tale of Two Cities in its entirety, I should put that on my list of books to read during my winter break. A nice classic novel to cuddle up with next to the fireplace on a stormy day!

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Yes, I love Charles Dickens. I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I never actually finished reading the A Tale of Two Cities in its entirety, I should put that on my list of books to read during my winter break. A nice classic novel to cuddle up with next to the fireplace on a stormy day!
    yeah. i forgot how books are so fun to read

• Under that tree again!

For Whom the Bell Tolls.

You wouldn't of though I should have read it in school back then. Of course maybe the sex and rape kept it out of the classrooms.

• ~

As of now I am currently reading... my textbooks!

Vector Calculus, Sixth Edition by Jerrold E. Marsden and Anthony Tromba

Physics for Scientists & Engineers, Fourth Edition by Giancoli

Imagina: Español sin Barreras, Second Edition by Blanco and Tocaimaza-Hatch

Cajas de cartón: relatos de la vida peregrina de un niño campesino by Francisco Jiménez.

Just looking at that list I have a good feeling about my classes this quarter. I'm really stoked for the last one-- it will be the first book that I read completely in Spanish. I've read tidbits of various books in the Spanish language, but this will be the first that I read thoroughly read and digest cover to cover.

• Under that tree again!

Slaughter House 5.

• secure all cargo

Working with Walt: Interviews with Disney Artists by Don Peri. Within a 3 month period between summer to fall last year I got to go to Walt Disney's Barn, D23 Disney Studio & Archives tour, and the D23 Archives exhibit at the Reagan Library, so Walt has been on my mind a lot. I picked up this book at the Barn. It's one of the best things I've read about Walt. The best part is it's the straight dictation of the interview, so it's not filtered through the author's perspective, it give the direct perspective of the interviewee. I'm about halfway through it about to start the Herb Ryman interview.

From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives by Mark Cotta and Shinji Hata. Someone gave this to me 15 years ago. It's a coffee table paperback filled with photos of props and artwork from the films, not much text. I just visited the Indiana Jones exhibit at the Discovery Science Center a few weekends ago so I dug this book out of the garage last week to revisit it. I love it. Total geek book.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.