Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819264166 ... LastLast

• Directly directed

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Nights in Rodanthe- not Nicholas Sparks best
    Hot Stuff- Janet Evanovich and Leann something - super cute! As someone in college working to be a teacher and a certified cake decorator on the side, I could really relate to it
    Almost through My Heart Still Remembers- it's about three orphans who get put on the orphan train and get claimed by 3 different families, and how they're searching for each other all these years later.

I have serious senoritis and I've been reading instead of writing my papers.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I have serious senoritis and I've been reading instead of writing my papers.
    Get back to those papers if you want to graduate!!! Don't wait until the last minute, trust me.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

I just started "Airhead" by Meg Cabot. It's different and weird, but it's good anyways.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Winter in Oceanside...

Just finished "The House" by Danielle Steele. It was my first Danielle Steele novel, and I must say - why in the heck is she so popular?? And who is her editor? There was so much repetition in this book that if you cut it all out the book would be half its size.

I just started "Walking the Trail" about the Cherokee Trail of Tears.

• Senior Minion

I just started "Chalked Up" which is a Gymnastics memoir written by the 1986 national champion Jennifer Shey.

• s.p.a.c.e M0UNTA1N!!

I just finished 1984 by George Orwell for a school project.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I picked up Monty Python and Philosophy: Nudge Nudge, Think Think edited b Gary L. Hardcastle and George A. Reisch. It is a collection of essays on exactly what the title says. So far they have been quite interesting. The only problem is that I keep laughing at all of the Monty Python sketch and film references.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

The Sound of Murder by Rex Stout. It's the first I've read of another one of his detective characters...Alphabet Hicks. It's not bad so far. But, I don't like I haven't liked any of his books.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I'm currently reading "The Resort" by Bentley Little.

I recently finished "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz which was really good and was a very fast read. The end was a bit of a let down. Kind of like Koontz took the easy way out. Still a good book, though.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I picked up "Off the Record" by Jennifer O'Connell, "Queen of Babble" (because that's me!) by Meg Cabot, and then my mom saw "Queen of Babble in the Big City" and this coffee mystery novel and thought of me. I am on page on of the "Record" book but I'm halfway done with my giant CNA textbook. I can tell you about poo...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Just started Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I like it so far!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Just finished "The House" by Danielle Steele. It was my first Danielle Steele novel, and I must say - why in the heck is she so popular?? And who is her editor? There was so much repetition in this book that if you cut it all out the book would be half its size.

I just started "Walking the Trail" about the Cherokee Trail of Tears.

I went "off" her after she started every sentence with AND........... drove me CRAZY!!! Her old stuff is really good though. Message from Nam is really good.
    Walking the trail sounds really good

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I picked up "Off the Record" by Jennifer O'Connell, "Queen of Babble" (because that's me!) by Meg Cabot, and then my mom saw "Queen of Babble in the Big City" and this coffee mystery novel and thought of me. I am on page on of the "Record" book but I'm halfway done with my giant CNA textbook. I can tell you about poo...
    Queen of Babble books are good!!! Or really, anything by Meg Cabot is good.

I am reading "Audrey, Wait" by Robin Benway. I got it from the library for one reason. It has my name in the title as the main character. Yeah, my name is cool now I was hoping there would be some cool nickname version of my name in there, but no. Just the stupid 'Aud' (which I HATE).
    Good book, though. I have a hard time putting it down.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    I went "off" her after she started every sentence with AND........... drove me CRAZY!!! Her old stuff is really good though. Message from Nam is really good.
    Walking the trail sounds really good
    Thanks tassie. I'll have to check out her older stuff.

Walking the Trail was not what I was hoping. I was hoping for a history of the actual Trail of Tears. It turned out to be the story of a guy who walked the trail in modern times to see what his ancestors went through.

I decided to read a trashy Jill Gregory novel that my mom gave me. Definitely not literature, but it is interesting lightweight reading that I need right now.

• Triple Goddess

i just reread Stephen King's "The Stand." On and off, I am rereading the "Chronicles of Narnia" and thinking about what to read next. Any suggestions?