Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123456132853103 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

I just started re-reading Marley and Me. I'm also kinda reading Marie Antoinette: The Journey. I started reading it about 10 months ago but I've stopped reading it so many times (sometimes for a few months) that I'm only about half way through it. It is very interesting and I like it but it's just difficult to really get into.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Just started "Wicked", boy what a difference from the play! Dark as they come!

Love the play but the book is... umm... interesting. I really have no intention of reading it ever again.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Okay... gotta know about this one. Title sounds like an anti religion book.
    That's part of it but you make it sound so wrong ;p Also discusses how people can be moral without religion and plenty of other neat stuff.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    That's part of it but you make it sound so wrong ;p Also discusses how people can be moral without religion and plenty of other neat stuff.
    That is why is sounded interesting to me. Morality without religion is kinda how I've lived my whole life. Didn't mean to make it sound wrong.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    That is why is sounded interesting to me. Morality without religion is kinda how I've lived my whole life. Didn't mean to make it sound wrong.
    Right on

Next book I am going to start reading is I am America (and so can you!) By Stephen Colbert.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I'm almost done reading "Stick to Drawing Comics Monkey Brain!" it's by Scott Adams who does the Dilbert comic strip, but it has nothing to do with Dilbert. It's more like a Chuck Klostermann book. It's mostly Adams' blog entries, but it's hilarious. I highly recommend it if you like Chuck Klostermann.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• She was sweet as a peach

I just finished "Lean Mean Thirteen" the latest in Janet Evonovich's Stephanie Plum series. If you are familiar with the series-the book is more of the same but still fun.

I started "Peter and the Starcatchers" a year ago and still need to finish it.

I am also working my way through "The New Strong-willed Child" and "Potty-training Answer Book". I have a two year old.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by 'Strue View Post
    I love Terry Pratchett! I just finished "Masquerade" last night. I think it's one of the better ones. "Going Postal" is my favorite of all time. Is "Hogfather" any good? I heard they made that one into a movie.
    Terry Pratchett is a great author and while his books can be called Fantasy/Comedy they do tend to have a deeper message or philosophy

I agree that "Going Postal" is one of the best. I personally found "Small Gods" made me think the most. I'm currently reading "The Truth" which is how the news paper in the city got started.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post

I started "Peter and the Starcatchers" a year ago and still need to finish it.
    I love Peter and the starcatchers! And I hate the story of Peter pan. I'll agree that it has a weird slow start but once it picks up, it really picks up, and the way they ended it, oh it was pretty good. Peter and the Secret of Rundoon is on my Christmas List.

I actually read 4 books over Thanksgiving, I was very impressed since I haven't been able to read much due to my workload this semester.

I read Mississippi Jack, book 5 in the bloody Jack series, pretty good
    All the tea in china, it got good reviews from Amazon.com and had the word tea in the title. I didn't like it
    Dragonwell Dead, the newest book in the Tea shop mysteries, which I love but this one was just okay
    The Dark is Rising- when I saw the preview I thought that that was not at all the way I remembered the book. I was right.

• Still wants to be a cat!

The further I get into reading Wicked the darker it gets! How the heck did they base a musical on this book....does it happen to relate in anyway?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    The further I get into reading Wicked the darker it gets! How the heck did they base a musical on this book....does it happen to relate in anyway?
    They share the same name

I think it's funny reading all these post from people who saw the musical first and thought they would read the book . I did it the other way around and understood why they didn't make elphaba an atheist assassin in the musical or why they didn't add the sex scenes.

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

I agree that "Going Postal" is one of the best. I personally found "Small Gods" made me think the most. I'm currently reading "The Truth" which is how the news paper in the city got started.
    I love "The Truth"! The vampire in there--I forgot his name--is one of my favorite characters. I've forgotten if I've read "Small Gods" or not, but it sounds familiar. "Thief of Time" I thought was a good one. Death by chocolate. Man, I love Terry Pratchett!

• Still lost in Neverland

I am reading Peter and the Secret of Rundoon now. It is much darker and scarier than the first two, but I have a feeling that will be necessary to give Peter his famous devil may care attitude. So far it's a good book.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Winter in Oceanside...

I'm still on Marley & Me. I guess I'm just postponing the ending that I know will be heartwrenching.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm still chugging through Vinyl Leaves. It seems that for every interesting page there are five over analytical pages, and I typically like over analysis.

As part of trying to read my coffee table books I have read Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality which has a few interesting tidbits and a rather brief history. Much more about the pictures in my opinion, but still a proud part of my library. With the conclusion of Disneyland Paris I have set my sights on Walt Disney's Railroad Story by Michael Broggie.