Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191 ... LastLast

• My cuties!

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty and The Host. I'm listening to The Magician (it is the next book in a series about Nicholas Flammel).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Just finished The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, Updated and Expanded Second Edition by Thomas L. Friedman.
    This is a really interesting book!

I'm not reading anything but 5 billion research papers. I do have Three Cups of Tea pending though, about a guy who builds schools in Afganistan/Pakistan after his many years of mountain climbing in the area.
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    This is a really interesting book!

I'm not reading anything but 5 billion research papers. I do have Three Cups of Tea pending though, about a guy who builds schools in Afganistan/Pakistan after his many years of mountain climbing in the area.
    I just finished Three Cups of Tea a couple weeks ago and I loved it! There was so much more to it than what I thought it would be.

• Embrace the kitsch!

"The 4:50 From Paddington" or "What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw!" by Agatha Christie. A woman riding a train witnesses a murder committed in a train running parallel to hers. She tries to alert the authorities, but she has no conclusive information as it wasn't actually on her train, so she brings in her friend Miss Marple to find the body and solve the case.

I've loved reading Agatha Christie since I was 11. This was the first time I'd read this book, but I have seen the TV movie w/ Joan Hickson.

(BTW, no, Ms. Christie didn't write for "Bullwinkle." Most of her books have two titles, one for British publication and one for American.)
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

"The Mommyhandler" or something like that. It's about a man who is the PR person at a private school and has to deal with all the parent drama and the kids sorta' get pushed to the side.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Finished the Walt Disney biography I started in August, and now am working on The Spy Who Came in From the Cold.

Into the Wild is next I think.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MC State Comptroller

Currently 3 books:

"My Boring *** Life" - Kevin Smith
    Awesome sometimes daily diary entries taken from Smith's blog where he goes into what he does during the day. I'm a big fan of Smith, but i was a little nervous about this book think it would get boring, but it has held my interest both times i have read it. A definite pickup for any Kevin Smith fan or a fan of interesting stories about working in Hollywood.

"Chair shots and other obstacles" - Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    I picked this up for $1 at our libraries book sale thinking this was his autobiography, it's not, but it is filled with his stories on traveling the Pro Wrestling circuit mixed with some good life lessons with some great humor from one of the best Wrestling commentators and managers.

"Democracy in America" - Alexis de Tocqueville
    Fantastic book, which i read every election year. Tocqueville, a french Political philosopher, wrote this book after his vists to US in the 1830's. In the book he talks about the American Democracy System and why it works here and no where else. It is a very difficult read, but very rewarding and some of his thoughts hold true to today. A good book for any poli-sci or history nut like myself.

All three books i recommend highly!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Winter in Oceanside...

Just finished Dewey. Needed a box of Kleenex for that one!

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

I just finished The Secret Life of Bees, fantastic and such a beautiful book! I just started the Twilight series. My friends are happy now!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Because Joshr reminded me about the author:
    Fourth (forth?) Coming- I had read the first 3 and then forgot about the series... At least I think I read the 3rd...

• Never give in.

I'm finally finishing Twilight...
    and I already have New Moon for when I finish no matter how boring people say it is!
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Still reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince...2nd time! I love the story- it's got so much action. And I look forward to when the movie comes out Next July.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Finished The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power by Gene Healy. A good book that few Americans will probably bother to read.

I am now on to Variations on a Theme Park: The New American City and the End of Public Space, a collection of essays edited by Michael Sorkin.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Just starting Body Surfing by Anita Shreve.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Finished The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power by Gene Healy. A good book that few Americans will probably bother to read.
    I saw that book for sale at Barnes and Noble and I thought about picking it up. I was worried that it maybe to biased (left or Right) so i did not pick it up. Is it a fair, worthy read?
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions