Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I just gave away a ton of books! Lots of historical fiction that I'd already read. What is your genre preference? I have my mom and sister making crocheted squares - I can send a book or two with them when I mail them to you.

I always have to read the book before the movie. To this day, I have never read Gone With the Wind because I've seen the movie many times first!
    I was really big into reading autobiographies for awhile, I like chick-lit, I like fiction in general. My book and movie picks are the same basically-nothing scary,nothing violent (I read "Red Dragon" and was scared for weeks, saw the movie scared for weeks.), I don't like cruetly to people (so all those books on what's happening in the middle east or people getting tortured not my vibe.), can't do anything bad to kids (exception "Lovely Bones")... Does that make sense? Dude if you send that rad!

Okay did your parents force the "read the book before the movie" thing? That's why I am that way. I wanted to watch "Hunchback," but my dad made me read the book. All summer I read the book, loved the book, the last day the theater was going to stop playing it I had 10 pages. I was walking and reading, finished the book right as the movie was going to start (I remember that moment of throwing the book under the seat), and after the movie I was pissed.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Right now I am reading Bridal Bargains!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I just started "Peter and and the Secret of Rundoon" it is the 3rd book in the Peter and the Starcatchers trilogy. It's very good so far! I loved the 1st two.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Just finished "Rhett Butler's People"

As a stand alone, it was enjoyable, after all I finished it in 1 day, lol. But when you start to compare it to GWTW, well, then it starts to become crummy. But as is, I enjoyed it!

However i might just like it cause I love me some Rhett.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I bought and read "Hellboy: The Seed of Destruction." The new Hellboy movie is coming out this summer, and after seeing, enjoying, and owning the DVD, I am looking forward to this.

The Graphic Novel was a lot more darker, a lot more violent, a lot more vivid than the first movie it was based on.

I don't want to give too much away, but the story explains the background of Hellboy and Abe Sapien, as well as Elizabeth Sherman (who is an investigator for the Paranormal Research Department, something they didn't really explain in the first movie). I think the movie was heavily based on this issue.

• Grumpy old man

Just started Star Wars: X-Wing: Rogue Squadron by Michael A Stackpole the other day. Barely read any pleasure books during the school year.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    I bought and read "Hellboy: The Seed of Destruction." The new Hellboy movie is coming out this summer, and after seeing, enjoying, and owning the DVD, I am looking forward to this.

The Graphic Novel was a lot more darker, a lot more violent, a lot more vivid than the first movie it was based on.

I don't want to give too much away, but the story explains the background of Hellboy and Abe Sapien, as well as Elizabeth Sherman (who is an investigator for the Paranormal Research Department, something they didn't really explain in the first movie). I think the movie was heavily based on this issue.
    I have never been very much into comic books and graphic novels. However, in a similar manner, I really want to read Batman: The Killing Joke before The Dark Knight hits theaters this summer.

• Minion

the perfect husband by lisa gardner. It's my first book by her, and wow, it's sooo good!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• My cuties!

Just finished Mr Darcy's Diary. I really liked it. Next I'll start Mr Knightley's Diary.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Start PS I Love You tomorrow. Finished Friday Night Knitting Club. Wasn't expecting the ending.

• "Always On The Move..."

Revisiting (and 1/2 way through) Lord of the Rings. Always enjoyed it, and LOVED the films...but now, being older, no longer in High School...

I've realized that the writing is pretty bad...ok...pretty horrifically bad...(Except for the scenes between Frodo and Sam..THOSE are amazing). However, the rest...cringing though a lot of it...I mean common...how many times can Aragorn put himself down? Plus really bad over the top "elegant" speech from pretty much everyone else..especially the Elves.

(Before I get flamed, etc. Probably 99% of my LotR friends agree. In fact we just had a "OMG..You thought so too?!?" discussion about it over the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Senior Minion

I am starting 'PS I love you'

just finished 'The Sound Of Music Companion'
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Couldn't get into PS I Love You.

Just finished: Plum Lucky (a Stephanie Plum holiday between-the-numbers novel). My thoughts on it:
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I read the authors note on PS and I am scared.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I finished American Creation: Triumphs and Tragedies at the Founding of the Republic and it was very good. I had never even heard of the Treaty of New York before. Definitely makes you question your U.S. History class.

I am now reading The Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life by Steven Watts.

Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156106 ... LastLast