Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast

• Grumpy old man

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

I'm well into the Star Wars: X-Wing series now by Michael A. Stackpole (and later Aaron Allston), finished the 2nd book last night (staying up to nearly 5 AM because I couldn't put it down) and I'm going to start the 3rd tonight.

• Senior Minion

Finished: The Bachelor's Bargain by Catherine Palmer.

Next up: ??
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

I am currently reading "110 People Screwing up America" by Bernard Goldberg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I just finished a book that was out a while now: REMEMBERING WALT. It's a collection of small bits of memories about Walt Disney from his close family and employees and friends. And like all Disney books, when it gets to the end, it's always about his death and it's just so sad. So interesting to read the parts of Ward Kimball telling Walt to stop smoking. Nurse saying how fearful Walt was in the hospital. Walt mentioning to some that he wished he had 15 more years because he would be able to accomplish more than he has in the last 40 years. Reading that part especially made me sad that he left far too soon.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

I should be finishing up the last two chapters of To Infinity and Beyond: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios tonight. Today I picked up Drew Struzan's Oeuvre at a local art bookstore at half price and autographed!! I'll probably start reading that a bit tonight after Pixar.

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

While in a rough patch of waiting for my favourite authour to write the 14th in the series, i am drifting.
    Currently i am reading Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I should be finishing up the last two chapters of To Infinity and Beyond: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios tonight. Today I picked up Drew Struzan's Oeuvre at a local art bookstore at half price and autographed!! I'll probably start reading that a bit tonight after Pixar.

I need to get that Pixar book. The OEUVRE is awesome and most certainly worth it. That's great that it's autographed! Mine is too, though I went to his signing when the book was released. I only wish that he delayed the release of the book so it could include the poster for Star Wars Episode III. It just feels so incomplete without it.

I just bought THE STAR WARS VAULT from barnes and noble. It's originally $85 but they had it for 50% off. It's like the Disney Treasures book where it has all these little inserts of replica stationary, lobby cards, etc.. but all star wars. It also comes with 2 cds with interviews, exerpts, and the star tours soundtrack. I think for $42.50 it was well worth it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 'splosions

just finished: Sgt. Frog Vol 1-3

just started: An Inconvienient Book - Glenn Beck

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I need to get that Pixar book. The OEUVRE is awesome and most certainly worth it. That's great that it's autographed! Mine is too, though I went to his signing when the book was released. I only wish that he delayed the release of the book so it could include the poster for Star Wars Episode III. It just feels so incomplete without it.

I just bought THE STAR WARS VAULT from barnes and noble. It's originally $85 but they had it for 50% off. It's like the Disney Treasures book where it has all these little inserts of replica stationary, lobby cards, etc.. but all star wars. It also comes with 2 cds with interviews, exerpts, and the star tours soundtrack. I think for $42.50 it was well worth it.
    My friends got me the Pixar book for Christmas. I was splendidly shocked!

I picked up The Star Wars Vault from B&N too, along with The Elvis Treasures. Great after-Christmas deals! I've only browsed thru the SWV but had to play the Star Tours track that night; thanks for reminding me I need to get thru that too. I have all three previous Disney Treasures-style books; I think the first was the best. They really need to do a Disneyland Treasures book, eh?

• Banned User

Just finished, "The Tenth Circle" by Jody Picoult. It wasn't as good to me as some of her others.

I am reading The Bible. I am reviewing chapters of it for a website. I am tackling Genesis one chapter at a time. The guy I am reviewing it with is an atheist.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I just finished reading Suburbanistas by Pamela Redmond Satran. It was good, light hearted and fun.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for the stork

Finished Eat Pray Love a while ago, loved it...amazing book, I highly recommend it.

I am currently reading Everyday Zen it was loaned to me a week ago. It's interesting acutaly, though it's taking me a bit to absorb it.

then, maybe i'll finally get back to Next, but right now I guess that one is a ways off....
    procrastibating

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I finished The Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life a couple of days ago. It was really good. I am really looking forward to another book by Watts that I have, The People's Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century. I wonder if all of his titles are named like this?

I am currently reading The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford by Ron Hansen. I really enjoyed the movie and had to check out the book.

• My cuties!

Finished Mr Knightley's Diary last week and now I'm reading Second Chances by Jane Green. She is my most favorite Brit Chick Lit author.

Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast