• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

U2 to work in Dublin

U2 Hits The Studio In Dublin

U2
    February 19, 2008, 10:45 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Billboard
    U2 has hit the studio in Dublin to continue work on its next studio album with longtime collaborators Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. "We're going to try and break new sonic ground and deliver a masterpiece," Lanois tells Billboard.com. "The sleeves are rolled up. Bono is all charged up with a lyrical angle."

As previously reported, U2, Eno and Lanois have spent time working on new material on three prior occasions in France and Morocco, and Lanois confirms the results are prolific.

"There's so much material," he says, referring to speculation that the sessions could yield two new albums. "When you get Eno and I and those guys in the room, before lunch there's like eight things."

"We've had some exciting beginnings via jam sessions," he continues. "Now we will pick our favorite beginnings and say, 'OK, that's a lovely springboard. Now what are we trying to say?' The springboards are sometimes melodic, sometimes riff-based, but I can assure you they are exciting."

There's no date yet for the project, which will be the follow-up to 2004's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb."
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003712235
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: U2 to work in Dublin

Very cool. Can't wait.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Maybe while their in the studio, they can remaster "Achtung Baby!" like they did the Joshua Tree. The album could use some sonic TLC.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Great news!

Though I was hoping for a 2008 release since that'd be a new album about every four years.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I was just saying to the BF a few days ago, "I hope U2 goes into the studio soon so they can tour again." Perfect timing!

And I remember a few years ago they talked about re-recording the Pop album and doing it properly this time around. I hope they eventually do that... though I am a total sucker for the song Lemon. That reminds me, I still need to watch the PopMart DVD I got for Christmas!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

U2 Signs 12-Year Deal With Live Nation

March 31, 2008, 9:25 AM ET

Band Will Continue To Record For Universal Music Group
    Yinka Adegoke, Reuters
    via Billboard

Live Nation Inc has signed a 12-year global contract to handle the merchandising, digital and branding rights of U2, along with its touring. The deal comes just five months after Live Nation announced a comprehensive partnership with Madonna, which included her coveted recording rights.

But Live Nation said U2 will continue the band's long-term recording and publishing relationship with Universal Music Group, a unit of French media giant Vivendi.

"It's not a do or die situation that we have to be involved in the recordings," said Live Nation Chairman Michael Cohl in an interview with Reuters. "We'd prefer to, but it's not always available." The company would not reveal financial terms of the U2 deal.

The deal with Madonna, which included the recording rights, was estimated to be worth $120 million over 10 years including a three-album commitment after the artist submits her last album to her current music company, Warner Music Group.

Live Nation has been expanding its business model to develop more far-reaching and deeper relationships with artists beyond just handling their touring.

Its partnership with U2 will now include merchandise and licensing rights, sponsorship and strategic alliances, digital rights, fan club/Web sites and other marketing and creative services.
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003782687
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Interesting. Well, all I know I am totally there when they tour again.