Julie Andrews at the Hollywood Bowl

Got the first of the Hollywood Bowl 2008 season flyers in the mail. Julie Andrews is on the program for a show in July! The show description doesn't seem to include anything Disney related. But, who cares? It's a wonderful opportunity to see a Disney favorite. I'm so there! Below is the show description from the brochure. "Julie Andrews: The Gift of Music Julie Andrews host, with special additional guests to be announced Joined by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra and special guest vocalists, Julie Andrews hosts an evening of Rogers & Hammerstein classics and then presents the new musical adaptation of her best selling children's book, Simeon's Gift, an enchanting tale of beauty, music and the power of giving. July 18-19" Right now, only subscription tickets are on sale. Tickets for single shows go on sale later to people on the mailing list. Then, to the general public after that. I think that's usually in May. Keep watching the Hollywood Bowl website for updates on the additional guests and for when tickets go on sale.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Re: Julie Andrews at the Hollywood Bowl

That sounds awesome!! Darn it, I'm just coming back from Greece, so I won't make it. I love Julie Andrews ~ I could listen to her read the phone book and it would be wonderful.