• Banned User

Next Disney Musical The Man In the Ceiling

Hey everybody,

I have good news for Disney On Broadway. For those of you who can't stand of movie adaptions, well this time, the next Disney musical is not going to be based on a movie. It's called The Man In the Ceiling. It's based on a book by Jules Feiffer. The music and lyrics will be written by Andrew Lippa. Andrew Lippa did the music of The Wild Party and the revised version of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! The bookwriter is going to be of course, Jules Feiffer. Here's the proof:http://www.playbill.com/news/article/100839.html

And here's the information of the story:

"The plot revolves around, well, failure. Jimmy Jibbett is ten and a half years old, and loves to draw comics. He lives with his parents and two sisters. His parents are working all the time, and his sisters are always annoying him. Jimmy believes drawing is his ticket to popularity. Charley Beemer, a popular, athletic boy, is the only one Jimmy shows his comics to, but he criticizes each one. And when Uncle Lester finally writes a Broadway musical that makes it to Broadway, even it fails. This book is also about perseverance, critical to combat failure. Jimmy needs to learn to keep trying, even if no one likes his comics. He and his uncle need to learn that failure can actually equal success.

This book has a range of emotions, the most prevalent being humor. A lot of the ridiculousness is a result of the characters' extreme personalities.

Of course this book wouldn't be complete without Jimmy's torturous sisters. They are both bossy and stubborn, and are always distracting Jimmy from drawing his cartoons. All the characters add delicious attitudes for your enjoyment."

I got the book last Christmas and I read it. And I thought that was a perfect choice and that will be they're revenge. Because Disney Theatrical company has been dealing problems with critics when they criticize Beauty & the Beast, Tarzan, Mary Poppins, and The Little Mermaid. The only Disney musical that critics like is The Lion King. Anyway, I was so moved with this story, because everything is about that you don't give up your dreams. And if you don't succeed we move on and try again. This idea reminded me of Mel Brooks successful musical The Producers. If you want to hear the whole story, visit your local library or your local bookstores. I'm so excited.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 04-06-2008 at 02:31 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Next Disney Musical The Man In the Ceiling

Whew!! I thought for a second you said The Man Hanging from the Ceiling. If they took Mansion to Broadway I would be soooooooooooo angry!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The article is from 2006, so it's been a while.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

They already started working on it. They finish writing the libretto and they did the script reading two months ago. And they're going to start developing The Man In the Ceiling in around July through December. To find out how is it going, go to Andrew Lippa's website:http://www.andrewlippa.com/index.htm By the way, I love the Man Hanging In the Ceiling joke.And I bet that this is going to make Broadway history.

• Lackey

sounds like a fun story. would be a great musical.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    sounds like a fun story. would be a great musical.
    Yes indeedy! And like I said, this will be Disney Theatrical's revenge on the critics.

Hey everyone im bob (not my real name) i am currently playing Jimmy Jibbet in "The Man in the Ceiling" and i kinda wanted to give you guys the inside "disney behind the scenes scoop"! so the cast for the reading of it was
    Uncle Lester: Steven Rosen (Spamalot, Farnsworth Invention)
    Father: Steven Pasqual (Rescue me (its a tv show))
    Mother: ?
    Lisi (pronounced leesee): Sarah Steele (she played the daughter in Spanglish)

Those are the leads and me who plays the lead Jimmy Jibbet! I have heard from disney saying that because im a fourteen year-old boy who's voice is likely to change any minute they will bring me in for a voice "check up" in september then " The Man in the Ceiling" is (probably), (most likely), (hopefully), going to broadway.

I hope you guys liked the inside scoop! if you have any questions just respond back to me!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Thanks for keeping us informed! Welcome to MC!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]NO PROBLEM!!!![/COLOR]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Manintheceiling View Post
    Hey everyone im bob (not my real name) i am currently playing Jimmy Jibbet in "The Man in the Ceiling" and i kinda wanted to give you guys the inside "disney behind the scenes scoop"! so the cast for the reading of it was
    Uncle Lester: Steven Rosen (Spamalot, Farnsworth Invention)
    Father: Steven Pasqual (Rescue me (its a tv show))
    Mother: ?
    Lisi (pronounced leesee): Sarah Steele (she played the daughter in Spanglish)

Those are the leads and me who plays the lead Jimmy Jibbet! I have heard from disney saying that because im a fourteen year-old boy who's voice is likely to change any minute they will bring me in for a voice "check up" in september then " The Man in the Ceiling" is (probably), (most likely), (hopefully), going to broadway.

I hope you guys liked the inside scoop! if you have any questions just respond back to me!
    Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Hey, let us know how it turns out in the future.

Thumbs up Re: Next Disney Musical The Man In the Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by TsWade2 View Post
    Wow! What a pleasant surprise! Hey, let us know how it turns out in the future.
    I WILL!!