• Haunted Mansion Lover

Iron Maiden Concert

Hey all we just saw Iron Maiden on Monday and WOW! was that an amazing show!

We took our seven year old DD to her first concert and she loved it. She was singing "Run to the Hills" in the aisle and just rockin' away! I will try to post some video and photos a little later when I have more time.

If you have never gone to one of their concerts you need to go see them! They were the best live band I have ever seen!
    Foolish Mortal

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Iron Maiden Concert

I saw Maiden on the Powerslave Tour back when I was in High School. Very awesome show. It was pretty funny though. The Show was July 5th and the had fireworks after the show. Maiden's guitarist came out and played the Star Spangled Banner while the fireworks were going off. I found it funny, A brit playing the Star Spangled Banner on the weekend that we celebrate our independence from the brits.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

What memories. I saw Maiden probably back in 88 and Guns and Roses opened for them at Irvine Meadows. Axl didn't show up so Slash sang. I brought my wife (girlfriend at the time) and she sat the whole show plugging her ears. Yeah, it was loud.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I saw Maiden at the Meadows in 85. I forgot who opened for them though. It sure wasn't GNR
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

I saw them in NJ in March on the first leg of the tour and will be seeing them a couple more times in a week or two.

I was reading the most recent tour diaries from Rod and he mentioned John Lassiter was at the Concord show last week with his sons. Here's the link:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=21

• Circle of Ancients

Always wanted to see Maiden. I heard they were doing a "Retro" tour and not playing anything after Powerslave. How cool is that.

The stage is designed similiar to the 84-85 World Slavery tour with the setlist from songs primarily up through Somewhere in Time. The one notable exception being Fear of the Dark which has really become on all-time fan favorite.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Always wanted to see Maiden. I heard they were doing a "Retro" tour and not playing anything after Powerslave. How cool is that.
    That's all I'd want to hear! OK Maybe 7th son of a 7th son.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

I saw Maiden, Anthrax and Kings X at the Metal Hammer Christmas Show back around '90. It was somewhere in Germany. I couldn't say. My parents were stationed there while I was in college. I flew over to see them for my B-day and X-mas. One night, they gathered us up, put us in the car and drove us 3 hours down the road to the concert. They pulled up, gave my brother and I some money and said, "have a good time, we'll pick you up afterwards". (They dropped me off in a town I'd never been to, in a foreign country, that has an extremely low drinking age, by myself, at a metal concert, and expected me to live?) Fools!

It was a great show. Nothing like a US concert. The tickets had a custom "Eddie" picture on it with him in a santa suit, and it said "No prayer for Christmas".

I picked up a tour shirt that they didn't offer on the US tour.

They sold pony kegs at the show! No, really, they did!
    People were standing in the halls just chugging them!

People were spray painting Iron Maiden on cars in the parking lot!

The arena was general admission, both the floor and the upper decks.

And King's X, who played to about 100 people, kept having to put up with chants of "Maiden, Maiden..."

It was the original lineup for Anthrax, who even played their "I'm the man" rap.

And of course, Maiden was awsome.