• Queen Elsa

Paige O' Hara a.k.a Belle's voice

I know this doesn't go here but I don't know were to put this topic at and sends I'm on this part of MiceChat alot I though to ask you guys this. And I know this will be move to the right place so please let me know in the future were this kind of topic should go at. So any ways here it goes.

I just got tonight a new Disney Princess CD with the song "If You Can Dream" and it sounds like Paige O' Hara the lady who did Belle voice and singing has change send she did Beauty and the Beast it sound more deeper then it was then. I which there was a way I can send u guys this song for you can here the part were Paige sings as Belle the words go like this.

"It is a tale as old as time
    There's no mountain we can't climb
    When you're finally mine
    And just a kiss away"

Then after the chorus Paige sings this part.

"So the story goes
    Never die the rose"

This is what the CD looks like

From the back of it, it was done in 2004 so I don't know if it still around. I got my from Toys R Us today. There is other songs from other Disney Princess movies and The Lion King. But if there was a way I could put this up so u can hear the song and Pagie sing it. It also has Jody Benson a.k.a. Ariel, Lea Salonga song voice for Jasmine and Mulan, Judy Kuhn a.k.a. Pocahantas and who ever did the singing for Cinderella and Princess Aurora. But tell you the truth when they all sing at same time u can hear Jody Benson the most out of all of them.

What I'm just getting at has Pagie's voice change send she did the singing as Belle or has it been so long of hearing her sing.

• Banned User

Re: Paige O' Hara a.k.a Belle's voice

The Music forum would probably be the best one for this thread;
    http://micechat.com/forums/forumdisp...music-307.html

• Wishing

I did a little searching. according to itunes it is Paige O'Hara. Of course, itunes is often wrong. There is another person who sometimes does the voice for Belle, Susan Egan the Belle from the original broadway production, but it was not her.
    Voices can change quite a bit over ten years. Beauty and the Beast was around 1991 and this cd was done in 2004.
    Just about everywhere I've looked it is listing Paige O'Hara as part of that song.

• Queen Elsa

thx butterfly that is were I got my info on Paige was from i tunes were I'm playing my music at right now. Which I got on right now Olivia Newton John's Reach Out For Me.

• Wishing

It isn't just itunes, but every place I have found a breakdown for the people in the song. Yeah I downloaded it from itunes so I could hear it. It isn't a bad song, just not one I will listen to often.
    My newest disney related cd is Kerry Butlers 'Faith, Trust and Pixiedust' I do love disney music.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by butterflylark View Post
    It isn't just itunes, but every place I have found a breakdown for the people in the song. Yeah I downloaded it from itunes so I could hear it. It isn't a bad song, just not one I will listen to often.
    My newest disney related cd is Kerry Butlers 'Faith, Trust and Pixiedust' I do love disney music.
    heehee. I first her part of this song from the Princess website and I wanted to hear the whole thing and when I saw that cd at my work I had to get it. I like it. As for the song u have I don't think I hear it unlist if it's from Peter Pan 2 Return to Neverland? I do say one thing on the If you can Dream you sure hear Jody Benson good out of all of them.

• Senior Minion

It is Paige who sings on that song (the cd book says so and so does her website and imdb.com). You have to remember, though, that song was recorded in 2004 and Beauty and the Beast came out in late 1991. Even Jodi Benson doesn't sound exactly like she did when she was Ariel (that's evident in TLMII when I didn't even recognize her voice). Voices deepen for various reasons over the years. They tend to mature.

The song is beautiful, though, I just love the lyrics to it. And of course, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie of all, with Belle being my favorite Disney character, like, ever.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban