Three Small People in Very Big Shoes

Former CM here (DCA):

My theatre company in Los Angeles is currently producing an evening of one act plays, including one I penned entitled Three Small People in Very Big Shoes. It's a farcical look at life backstage at Disneyland.

I would like to invite all Disney lovers to come on out for an evening of theatre, and if you make it to the show this Saturday or Sunday (the 21st and 22nd), you can get half off the price of admission just by mentioning my name (Andrew)!

Full details (location, reservation line, etc.) can be found at our website: www.theatreunleashed.com.

If you make it out, let me know what you thought of the show!

Re: Three Small People in Very Big Shoes

Here's our official press release, which has all the important info:

Theatre Unleashed is proud to announce its first show on the 2008 schedule. What We Should Have Said: An Anthology of One Acts for L.A. will run from June 13-29 (Thursdays-Sundays) at The East Theater at The Complex on the historic Theatre Row in Hollywood. The series of five original works will feature the company's top actors and directors as well as guest directors from other theatre companies, continuing with the company's mission of uniting and building upon the L.A. theatre scene.

What We Should Have Said is a collection of short comedic and dramatic works from local playwrights that explore the bittersweet, humorous and redemptive themes of self-identity and our desire to communicate who we are and what we want in a city with its own wants and needs. As this is the first show for Theatre Unleashed, it was important to focus on where the company was born.

"My only real requirements were that the writers tap into themes that those of us living in L.A. can identify with, themes that are often affected and influenced by the city itself," said Artistic Director Phillip Kelly. "What I received was an overwhelming desire to talk about universal issues like communication and identity, set against more specific backdrops familiar to those of us trying to survive and perhaps even make it out here – ego, financial struggles, censorship, addiction, political influence, sexuality, artistic integrity, etc."

At The Threshold: In this sardonic and surreal journey, down-on-his-luck Paul Allen faces financial and personal ruin while trying to find a conclusion to the unending (and uninspiring) middle portion of his life. Written by Phillip Kelly and directed by Andrew Moore.

An Evening With Liberace: The enigmatic soul of Liberace is brought back from the dead for one final night of singing, soul-searching... and a twisted twist. Written by Will Manus and directed by Carlos Martinez.

Shades: This shrewd, comedic, award-winning piece tears through its own walls, ripping the masks off of three everyday characters and revealing the truth of human nature. Written by Mark Harvey Levine and directed by Susannah Myrvold.

The End: This insightful and humorous piece explores a broken-hearted Rachel's desire to indulge her wounded ego over a cup of coffee. Written by Kristyn Leigh Robinson and directed by Carlos Martinez.

Three Small People in Very Big Shoes: In this mini-farce, three Disneyland characters attempt to sort out the sordid details of their lives in the warm California sun. Written by Andrew Moore and directed by Jim Blanchette.

PERFORMANCES:
    June 13-29
    Thursday-Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 7 p.m.
    Tickets: $20
    For further information please call: (818) 849-4039
    Or check out our website at: www.theatreunleashed.com

Re: Three Small People in Very Big Shoes

We're extending the half-price tickets this weekend ... our final weekend of the run! Thanks to all those who made it out last Saturday and Sunday!