Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

re: The Twilight Saga Discussion Thread

All you gotta do is go to the Customer Service Desk and ask them if they're holding a release party for Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn. Then they'll let you know.

Ours isn't doing anything. Neither is our Borders. Me and my friend Mindy have to drive to Richmond for it haha

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Senior Minion

Our Barnes & Noble is having one - but it's Black Tie. I guess i'll have another use for the blue dress I wore to my brother's wedding after all. Can't afford a fancy new dress.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Our Barnes & Noble is having one - but it's Black Tie. I guess i'll have another use for the blue dress I wore to my brother's wedding after all. Can't afford a fancy new dress.
    WHAT!
    Black Tie?
    That is SO AWESOME!

• For You!

I'm sure that our area will be having some kind of midnight party. I'll just wait and drop in at Sam's Club or somewhere and pick it up. I remember with Harry Potter people said that you had to be at so and so a place at midnight or you won't get a copy - Sam's Club had about 20 pallets full of the books the next day.

I just hope the book doesn't make me mad! That second book almost did me in. I hope that they get married (I'm sure it will be chaotic and something will go wrong), I would like to see Bella changed somewhere in it (although part of me says it will never happen) - and maybe a wedding night baby?? That would put an interesting spin on things.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

Our Barnes & Noble is having a discussion each week of each of the book, starting with Twilight on the 15th, and I really want to go and check it out...but...Josh Groban is singing at the all-star game during the 7th inning stretch. And I don't know how long the game is going to be to get to that point....decisions...decisions...
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Check out the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on newstands friday....

It has an interview with Stephanie and movie info!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I'm sure that our area will be having some kind of midnight party. I'll just wait and drop in at Sam's Club or somewhere and pick it up. I remember with Harry Potter people said that you had to be at so and so a place at midnight or you won't get a copy - Sam's Club had about 20 pallets full of the books the next day.

I just hope the book doesn't make me mad! That second book almost did me in. I hope that they get married (I'm sure it will be chaotic and something will go wrong), I would like to see Bella changed somewhere in it (although part of me says it will never happen) - and maybe a wedding night baby?? That would put an interesting spin on things.
    Yea the second book made me really mad lol

wow. I really don't like that picture.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Yeah, that picture of him is terrible. It's really awkward looking. He looks much better in the movie than he does in any of the posed pictures I've seen.

So, do you think they'll have a 4 book boxed set available on the 2nd? I've just been borrowing my SIL's books, so I need to buy a set for myself. I'd rather get a cool boxed set if they have them instead of getting them separately.
    <o>

Hmm good question. But I don't know. You should ask Stephenie on Myspace. She'll tell you lol

• R.I.P. Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    I haven't either because I don't have a card and my mother has this thing about entering card information on the computer.
    Even though she does it all the time for her books. I'm giving her the cash to use the card for the amount, so I dunno why she's making crap up lol.
    Just tell me no so I can use a friends card.

So did you get the Eclipse Special Edition with the Breaking Dawn cover art and chapter excerpt?
    Yep I did. I bought a white shirt at Wal-Mart the other day to use my Team Edward transfer on. Plan on wearing that to the release party.

You know, if you pre-order it from a brick and mortar bookstore, you don't have to pay for it upfront. That's the way it is with Barnes and Noble anyway. You pay when you pick it up.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• R.I.P. Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I didn't read any of this and just skipped down to the end since I've only read Twilight. I'm still waiting for book 2 and 3 to ship. I swear Amazon hates me. How long does it take to put two books in a box? Really.

Anyway so I haven't preordered my 4th copy yet because I wanted to see how book 2 and 3 went. However while having too much fun with flair on facebook I discovered that Jacob Black is a werewolf!

That comes up in book 2 right? I'm actually glad that I held off reading them because then I don't have to wait as long for book 4. And as soon as I finish book 2 and 3 I'll add my own theories.
    Wow, when I ordered books 2 and 3 from Amazon, they got here a day earlier than expected!
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."

• R.I.P. Mandy

Oh crap. The guy at my B&N said it was going to be a vampire prom thing, but it didn't think about the party being black tie. I hope ours isn't. I'm like Bella, I don't do proms!

• R.I.P. Mandy

I didn't think it was possible, but they made Edward Cullen look un-sexy.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

^Yeah, that's a terrible picture. Go to the Twilight movie thread here. Jshrzmeup posted a link to a site where someone redid the cover. He looks WAY better in the re-do.

So, I just peeked over at www.stepheniemeyer.com today and found this:

"Finally, Stephenie has just informed me this morning that, back by popular demand, we will once again have the Quotes of the Day! For those of you who don't remember the Eclipse Quotes of the Day, we will post a quote from Breaking Dawn for 21 days counting down to the release of the book on August 2nd. This will start tomorrow and will be posted on this page sometime in the morning. So, that is the last piece of good news... only 22 days left!"

I'm not sure if I want to read quotes from the book or not. I know she's really trying to make sure no spoilers get leaked on message boards so they won't intentionally put any spoilerish quotes up, but I'm nervous about reading them all the same. I want to be spoiler-free over here!
    Last edited by pixie chick; 07-11-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    <o>

• I'll pencil this in later

Ick! Horrible picture, Edward looks to pale and unsexy as stated before. Bella looks too 'sexy' and too confident, I always pictured her a little meeker.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast