Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: The Twilight Saga Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

I want the Leah book. That or how weird would it be to read the Renesme (sp?) book when she is like Bella's age and maybe start connecting the dots and confronts the fact that her parents had this weird love triangle and she's part of it? That would be funny.

• Senior Minion

from EW.com

Stephenie Meyer might have already released her Twilight finale, but that doesn't mean fans of the franchise will have to let go of the series just yet. Little, Brown will be publishing several books this fall that are tied in with the franchise. Along with movie tie-in literature for this year's New Moon adaptation, the publisher will also release a limited special edition of Breaking Dawn, as well as journals that feature cover art for all four books. According to a press release from the publisher, the Breaking Dawn Special Edition, on stands Aug. 4, will include a DVD of the Breaking Dawn concert series and interviews with Meyer. Those who pick up the hardcover book can also expect a poster and reproduction of handwritten lyrics for “My Never,” by Blue October’s Justin Furstenfeld. The Twilight Journals (pictured), out Oct. 13, are packaged in a tin and include “decorative quotes” from each book.

For those hoping to buy books tied into New Moon, Little, Brown will release New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion on Oct. 6 and New Moon trade and mass-market paperback tie-ins in September and November, respectively. They will also publish a New Moon Collector’s Edition on Oct. 6.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Grim Grinning

I just recently read the Twilight series and I'm absolutely in love with them. I'm bummed that she stopped writing Midnight Sun but heard that she has plans to finish it and that it should be out in a year or two. I'm getting rather restless for New Moon to come out.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I just recently read the Twilight series and I'm absolutely in love with them. I'm bummed that she stopped writing Midnight Sun but heard that she has plans to finish it and that it should be out in a year or two. I'm getting rather restless for New Moon to come out.
    Oh I hope so! I have my fingers crossed that she finishes Midnight Sun.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

See maybe it's me but I don't want to read Edward's POV. I'd rather read Leah's next story because to me her and Seth were the more interesting characters, especially Leah because the wolves were all male and suddenly she's a wolf and then with her history with Sam (that's the one right?) and Emily... I just think her story would be fun to read. Think about it too all the connotations of wolves being strong, dangerous, etc but they're also really family oriented and nurturing and that would just be a great story in my mind.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    See maybe it's me but I don't want to read Edward's POV. I'd rather read Leah's next story because to me her and Seth were the more interesting characters, especially Leah because the wolves were all male and suddenly she's a wolf and then with her history with Sam (that's the one right?) and Emily... I just think her story would be fun to read. Think about it too all the connotations of wolves being strong, dangerous, etc but they're also really family oriented and nurturing and that would just be a great story in my mind.
    I'm with you! Love the wolves! About the Ed's pov book it seems redundant to me.We already know the story, and it's not like he is this deep character that needs more description...

If you want a good alternate view book, pick up Rhett Butler's People. Now that's a character it's good to know more about!

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think Leah is such an insignificant character to the story that it wouldn't quite tie in, it would be too far off base. Jacobs POV however, would definitely have my interest. Edwards also has my interest and I do hope that she finishes Midnight Sun.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

See I just had a discussion at work about the series (last night at like 2am) and about our favorite characters with my co-workers. Everyone was like "I like _____!" (insert a main vampire here). I think I heard one person say they like Charlie but he's not their favorite. I think Leah even though she's not a huge character, I just think what she is interesting. Like my top three favorite characters are werewolves, I like Mike because I feel sorry for him, and then my favorite vampire is Carlisle (aka Mike Dexter).

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oh gosh I love Carlisle too. And Emmett, and Jasper, and James, and Jacob and of course Edward. The men in this movie are all outrageously gorgeous! I'm sad that I'm on the last book now because after this, whats next? No book series has ever held me this captive.

Facebook me!

• far, far away from DL

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    And No book series has ever held me this captive.
    Ahhh, the power of books!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'm sad that I'm on the last book now because after this, whats next? No book series has ever held me this captive.
    I just read Peeps by Scot something. That's okay. I read his Pretties series too. Um... The Mindy Klansky series is pretty good.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    Ahhh, the power of books!
    I like to read, but I'm not much of a reader so you know these books are good!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I just read Peeps by Scot something. That's okay. I read his Pretties series too. Um... The Mindy Klansky series is pretty good.
    For some reason the whole vampire thing is just amazing, it's got this whole cult following. I went to Target today and saw all the wannabe vampire books near the Twilight ones. I def won't be reading those. I would however like to read Stephenie Meyers 'The Host'.

Facebook me!

• Senior Minion

Twilight graphic novel coming soon!!!

‘Twilight’ exclusive: Graphic novel version on theway! | EW.com

Looks interesting, and Stephenie is closely involved, so you know it will be good.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Oh good! Maybe now Edward will be good looking.

• Grim Grinning

Ok now I have a question. After seeing some of the pictures from New Moon, where in that book did it say that Jacob and the pack all have matching tribal tattoos? I re-read New Moon looking for a mention of it but got nothing. Did I miss that or is it something that was added to the movie? In any case, I don't like them, they look silly.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast