Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

re: The Twilight Saga Discussion Thread

My mom finished the first book and she wants to know: What is with the apple? What does it mean?

I think it's the whole adam/eve/forbidden fruit thing, but she doesn't think so.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    My mom finished the first book and she wants to know: What is with the apple? What does it mean?

I think it's the whole adam/eve/forbidden fruit thing, but she doesn't think so.
    I think so too.
    There is a scripture before the preface in the book it reads..

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
    thou shalt not eat of it:
    for in the day thou eatest thereof
    thou shalt surely die"

Genesis 2:17

So putting that all together I came up with Bella is Edwards 'forbidden fruit'.. so to speak. Bella is forbidden, Edward has to resist the urge to bite Bella..The line "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." also got me thinking.. Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is.

• Senior Minion

Now that My mom is into the second book, she'd mad that I didn't tell her when I read book 2 that Bella's birthday is her birthday. But I told her that if all goes well, then the date of my birthday (august 13th) will be more important than her birthday.
    She thinks that means Edward's birthday.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

I went to the first discussion. It was me and 3 other people, my age and older. (two being or Edward, one major for Jacob)
    They had a list of discussion questions that we went through and discussed, and talked about them in the context of the next few books as well, even through the discussion was for book 1.
    Some made us laugh as we got off topic a bit (such as: if belle and jacob ended up together, would he let her have a dog, or would he eat it?).
    We related what we could of the first book to Pride & Prejudice and saying who was which character, etc.
    Then we talked about our theories for Breaking Dawn. One wanted to know more of Alice's story, one wanted to know more about Leah Clearwater and her maybe ending up with another wolf (quill or embry), and then who of the pack is related.

Do you think Jacob will show at the wedding (if there is one?), will he try to imprint her before then?
    What is Bella's special gift. If she becomes a vampire, will she maybe become one of those who have no thirst for human blood at all (since she can't stand the sight or smell of blood) and therefor maybe be a bridge for the two (vampires and werewolves) if it can be allowed?

ETA - the promo poster for the party at my local bookstore:
    Last edited by Joshrzmeup; 07-15-2008 at 06:23 PM.

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

You're right though. The scripture in the beginning is another piece of the puzzle. Also, I think I'm remembering this correctly, the second time Edward and Bella eat lunch together, either he or she is handling an apple. This is the lunch when Edward tells her he's dangerous.

I really hope I'm remembering correctly. gahhh.

Now that My mom is into the second book, she'd mad that I didn't tell her when I read book 2 that Bella's birthday is her birthday. But I told her that if all goes well, then the date of my birthday (august 13th) will be more important than her birthday.
    She thinks that means Edward's birthday.
    Oo.

I went to the first discussion. It was me and 3 other people, my age and older. (two being or Edward, one major for Jacob)
    They had a list of discussion questions that we went through and discussed, and talked about them in the context of the next few books as well, even through the discussion was for book 1.
    Some made us laugh as we got off topic a bit (such as: if belle and jacob ended up together, would he let her have a dog, or would he eat it?).
    We related what we could of the first book to Pride & Prejudice and saying who was which character, etc.
    Then we talked about our theories for Breaking Dawn. One wanted to know more of Alice's story, one wanted to know more about Leah Clearwater and her maybe ending up with another wolf (quill or embry), and then who of the pack is related.

Do you think Jacob will show at the wedding (if there is one?), will he try to imprint her before then?
    What is Bella's special gift. If she becomes a vampire, will she maybe become one of those who have no thirst for human blood at all (since she can't stand the sight or smell of blood) and therefor maybe be a bridge for the two (vampires and werewolves) if it can be allowed?

ETA - the promo poster for the party at my local bookstore:
    I wish we had discussions here. That would be so fun.
    --
    I kinda wish the release party I'm going to here was making it black tie. I dunno, I have a nice old homecoming dress in black lace and champagne satin that would just go so well!
    haha

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• R.I.P. Mandy

I actually love today's quote. I love Emmett.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Quote Originally Posted by SallySkellington View Post
    Me too! His sense of humor adds a nice fun touch to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SallySkellington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    Me too! His sense of humor adds a nice fun touch to everything.
    Exactly!
    I wub Emmett <33
    --

The Quote Of The Day - 7/16/07

Bella: "Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taing him to a strip club, are you?"

-----

At this quote.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

So... Breaking Dawn comes out the day of my state board exam. I take it Sunday the second. Dang it! Can't stay up all night and read it. Maybe get it afterwards?

I have a thought where Bella will never become a vampire. But she won't be a "normal human." Remember when that creepy angelic girl in Italy tried to torture Bella and couldn't hurt her? So... maybe there's something there where she's something else all together.

That picture of Robert and the chick that plays Bella is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    So... Breaking Dawn comes out the day of my state board exam. I take it Sunday the second. Dang it! Can't stay up all night and read it. Maybe get it afterwards?

I have a thought where Bella will never become a vampire. But she won't be a "normal human." Remember when that creepy angelic girl in Italy tried to torture Bella and couldn't hurt her? So... maybe there's something there where she's something else all together.

That picture of Robert and the chick that plays Bella is really bad.
    From the Entertainment Weekly magazine? Yea, it is bad.
    Her name is Kristen Stewart, lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I couldn't think of her name! I wanted to say Spencer... Oy.

She's too tan, too confident, and I always thought of her with this browny-auburn black hair...And Robert's wearing too much lipstick and smudged under the eye eyeshadow. With floppy hair.

• R.I.P. Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    Exactly!
    I wub Emmett <33
    One of my favorite parts of Eclipse is when Emmett is laughing his head off after Bella tries to punch Jacob.

--

The Quote Of The Day - 7/16/07

Bella: "Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taing him to a strip club, are you?"

-----

At this quote.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• Senior Minion

I can't go to the release party after all, and it maybe not be until the 3rd or 4th until I get my hands on a copy.
    My brother (one of them) called last night and told us he's getting married august 2nd in Texas. So we are driving down there to save money.

And i'm trying to find a B&N or bookstore near where the wedding will be, but the B&N site won't let me (again).

This sucks.

• Directly directed

I just finished Eclipse last night! I couldn't believe the ending. I thought it was too easy for Bella. And Jacob Black has really grown on me so I don't know how I feel about it.

Alice is my favorite character and I would love to see more of her story in Breaking Dawn too.

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    You're right though. The scripture in the beginning is another piece of the puzzle. Also, I think I'm remembering this correctly, the second time Edward and Bella eat lunch together, either he or she is handling an apple. This is the lunch when Edward tells her he's dangerous.
    Alice had the apple.

So I'm making my shirt. I've outlined Be Safe on it with chalk, it will all brush off. So should I just outline the letters in red puffy paint or fill it in? And also I am aware that it is a little off center but it was hard enough to write Be Safe to begin with. I'm not in to redoing it. Unless you all think it's really noticable and I should?

The shirt looks awesome!!
    I wouldn't worry about it being offcentered, it's not THAT offcentered, so it's hardly noticeable.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast