Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

• R.I.P. Mandy

The Twilight Saga Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

It is now only 29 days until Breaking Dawn comes out, and I know there are some Twilight-philes here that I can talk theories with!

What I'm most interested in is the meaning of the prologue (I'll put this in spoilers in case everyone doesn't have the Eclipse special edition).

Spoiler
    Okay, so it seems Bella is in a situation were someone she loves is killing her. At first I thought of Edward, but then I thought A) he has enough control over himself that he won't lose his head while changing her, and B) I thought of Bella being a completely out of control newborn, but with 7 Cullens against her, I don't think there'd be any reason to kill her, they could control her well enough.

So then I thought of Jacob. He's seems to be trying to go wolf and leave his human self behind. So I thought, once Bella becomes a vamp, if she and Jacob cross paths, if he's going pure instinct, he's not going to think "Bella", he's going to think "Vampire".
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

re: The Twilight Saga Discussion Thread

I dunno. I don't even want to speculate as to not gets my hopes up, or smashed for when it comes!
    I just know it set my teeth on edge and I'm so totally absorbed in counting down for it.
    I even got a widget for my desktop.
    I can't wait.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I don't like to guess too much for the same reasons. I don't want to get myself all worked up over guesses.

I cannot wait for the book, though! I'm re-reading all of them before it comes out. The book and then the movie...YAY!
    <o>

• R.I.P. Mandy

28 days and counting.

I still haven't pre-ordered it yet.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

I haven't either because I don't have a card and my mother has this thing about entering card information on the computer.
    Even though she does it all the time for her books. I'm giving her the cash to use the card for the amount, so I dunno why she's making crap up lol.
    Just tell me no so I can use a friends card.

So did you get the Eclipse Special Edition with the Breaking Dawn cover art and chapter excerpt?

• Senior Minion

I'm going to hold off on ordering for at least a day or so, until I finish the third book, which I just started.
    Maybe i'll put the pre-order on my birthday list.......hmmm...
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Oh I'm so jealous you're just starting to finish the beginning three. I've been done for so long I'm growing rabid waiting for the 4th.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    So did you get the Eclipse Special Edition with the Breaking Dawn cover art and chapter excerpt?
    I read the chapter excerpt online, but I didn't read the preface yet.

If they get married on August 13th (as they were discussing at the end of Eclipse), then it'll make me really happy cause that's my birthday!

Other than that, it's hard to have a theory.

But let's talk. Will she or won't she? And if so, then when???? That's my biggest question that I want answered. It's too hard to even have a guess at this point because Bella asks so many questions and has seen firsthand what a newborn is like and she is always second-guessing herself.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Directly directed

I didn't read any of this and just skipped down to the end since I've only read Twilight. I'm still waiting for book 2 and 3 to ship. I swear Amazon hates me. How long does it take to put two books in a box? Really.

Anyway so I haven't preordered my 4th copy yet because I wanted to see how book 2 and 3 went. However while having too much fun with flair on facebook I discovered that Jacob Black is a werewolf!

That comes up in book 2 right? I'm actually glad that I held off reading them because then I don't have to wait as long for book 4. And as soon as I finish book 2 and 3 I'll add my own theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I didn't read any of this and just skipped down to the end since I've only read Twilight. I'm still waiting for book 2 and 3 to ship. I swear Amazon hates me. How long does it take to put two books in a box? Really.

Anyway so I haven't preordered my 4th copy yet because I wanted to see how book 2 and 3 went. However while having too much fun with flair on facebook I discovered that Jacob Black is a werewolf!

That comes up in book 2 right? I'm actually glad that I held off reading them because then I don't have to wait as long for book 4. And as soon as I finish book 2 and 3 I'll add my own theories.
    No more web browsing anything of the likes of the Twilight series! You'll give it away for yourself haha. But yes, that comes up in book 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I read the chapter excerpt online, but I didn't read the preface yet.

If they get married on August 13th (as they were discussing at the end of Eclipse), then it'll make me really happy cause that's my birthday!

Other than that, it's hard to have a theory.

But let's talk. Will she or won't she? And if so, then when???? That's my biggest question that I want answered. It's too hard to even have a guess at this point because Bella asks so many questions and has seen firsthand what a newborn is like and she is always second-guessing herself.
    Yea, I can't even guess myself either and I don't want to theorize because I don't want to let myself get my expectations up and she ends up blowing it and leaving Edward

• Senior Minion

No more web browsing anything of the likes of the Twilight series! You'll give it away for yourself haha. But yes, that comes up in book 2.
    Technically, it comes up in book 1 when Jacob breaks the treaty and tells Bella about who hates who and why. He tells the story of his grandfather and how he was a wolf, how the wolves are brothers so they aren't allowed to be hunted, and how it's a family thing. I just don't think he really realized what it meant then.
    I went back after finishing the third book to look for that part, and they even explain it in, I think, the second book, that they told you in the first book about him.

Hmm well yea it comes up in Book 1, but you don't actually know he is one until book 2.

• Senior Minion

Hmm well yea it comes up in Book 1, but you don't actually know he is one until book 2.
    But you should have known, I think they flat out told you, but we just didn't think about it until it happened.

Yea there was that lingering suspicion and clues being dropped majorly. It's just not confirmed until book 2.

• Senior Minion

I got a barnes & noble e-mail and they gave a link to where you can see where there is a Breaking Dawn release party in your area, but the link won't work!!!!

I even went to bn.com then went to stores and events, and even that isn't coming up!!

I want to see if my local store is open at midnight so I can get a copy.

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast