Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Best concert you've ever been to?

Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl in '03. I got to be in the pit!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1978 View Post
    My favorite band is Better Than Ezra because of they are the best live band I have ever seen. My favorite is for personal reasons, HOB:Anaheim because it was my first concert since I had moved to LA.
    I've seen Better Than Ezra several times and they do put on a very good live show. They're a lot of fun. Very nice guys too (I've met them a few times).

Every time I see Clutch they're always amazing so I'd probably have to go with them. Gigantour 2006 with Megadeth, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, and Lamb of God is a close second though.
    Last edited by PureRockFury; 07-20-2008 at 09:28 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

oh i gotta say Foo Fighters puts on a really good show too. Dave Grohl has a great front man personality
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    For sentimental reasons I'd have to say George Carlin at the Freedom Center in Anaheim. Pure comedy gold.
    I would have loved to seen him perform! So jealous Ashee!

Guster-I've seen them like 4 or 5 times in concert and everytime I just stand there thinking "wow..." And seeing Brian Rosenworcel (drool) beat the bongos with his hands until they're bloody makes me wish I was that passionate about something.

When John Mayer first released "Room for Squares" I got tickets 2 nights in a row to his concerts. The 2nd one in San Diego I was 6th row center and during "Your Body's a Wonderland" he looked at me the entire time. It was awesome. He probably does that to some random girl at every show... but still!

Lilith Fair 1998-first real concert and it was so much fun. It celebrated girls and being proud of being a woman.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

The Corrs at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga, 2004. Somehow I was lucky enough to get front row center seats.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Best concert:

Wolfmother (w/ Silversun Pickups) @ the Fillmore, 2007

Runner Ups:

Radio Head @ the Shoreline, 2005

Regina Spektor @ the Empire Events Center, 2007

NIN @ the Shoreline, 2006

Not So Silent Night (The Killers, Modest Mouse, The Shins and The Silversun Pickups) @ the Warfield, 2006

BFD (Stone Temple Pilots, Incubus and Slipknot) @ the Shoreline, 2000

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

1. The Who (twice '83 & '89)
    2. U2 Zoo TV tour
    3. Genesis Invisible Touch Tour
    4. Police Syncronicity Tour
    5. Ladysmith Black Mombazo (Sang with them onstage)
    6. Sting Soul Cages Tour
    7. Indigo Girls (small acoustic show)
    8. Rolling Stones Tattoo You Tour

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

U2 Zoo TV tour
    I really wanted to see this tour. Tried to get someone to go with me to the Detroit show but no one wanted (losers). Turned out Bono bought pizza for the ENTIRE crowd that night.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I'll cast another vote for Depeche Mode's 1988 Concert for the Masses at the Rose Bowl. It's not just because I was on the radio talking to the band when they announced the gig. It wasn't just the lightning show that had some synchronicity to it. It's not the food fight, which we watched turn from a two-man battle right below us into an entire stadium chucking everything that could leave their hands in any direction but up. It was Wire, Thomas Dolby and OMD warming us up. It was the biggest and best fan ending ever to "Everything Counts." It was the Rose Bowl. It was Depeche Mode at their peak, just one record removed from Black Celebration. It was everything.

A close second: the 1997 KROQ Weenie Roast at Irvine Meadows. The Cure, The Offspring, The Chemical Brothers, Oasis, the Foo Fighters, Blue, Echo & the Bunnymen, Radiohead, Third Eye Blind, Reel Big Fish, the Wallflowers, Social Distortion, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Squirrel Nut Zippers and Save Ferris. That includes four bands I would and did see headlining at other shows, and another worthy of a night at the top of the bill. The only bad part was the Offspring being jerks and encouraging people to throw stuff. Rumor was that they were banned for life at KROQ shows, but that rumor must be wrong, given the 2008 WR lineup.

A close third: 1998 KROQ Almost Acoustic XMas (Night 2): Depeche Mode, Billy Corgan, Garbage, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Goo Goo Dolls, Cake, Everlast, Semisonic, Soul Coughing. That's six artists I would have paid to see headlining.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Queen 1977
    Led Zeppelin 1977
    U2 War tour
    David Bowie 1980
    Roxy Music 1980
    Tim Finn small acoustic tour
    Ertha Kitt dinner show 2006
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I really wanted to see this tour. Tried to get someone to go with me to the Detroit show but no one wanted (losers). Turned out Bono bought pizza for the ENTIRE crowd that night.
    You should have gone. My aunt toured with U2 on the Joshua Tree Tour, and told me not to miss the Zoo TV tour... So I didn't

THe Genesis show was great, and saw it two nights in a row at the Forum in L.A., that's when I realized that the show is the same note for note, joke for joke every night (shame really) even the Webley Stadium Laser Disc I got later was note for note the same.

People I had dinner with (but didn't sing) that I can add to the list
    Elton John
    Madonna

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Rolling Stones, MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, 1994 - Mick and the boys came back to Vegas for the first time in decades and managed to cram all the bells and whistles from the otherwise outdoor Voodoo Lounge tour into an indoor arena. Jagger got younger as the night wore on. Keith Richards looked like death from start to finish. They played almost all their hits in an amazing show.

Simon and Garfunkel, MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, 2003 - Paul Simon was as detached and aloof as Art Garfunkel was easy-going and affable, but oh could they still hit those harmonies. Their Old Friends Tour was a rare chance (and perhaps the last significant chance) to see them perform together live.

Frank Sinatra, Golden Nugget, Las Vegas, 1986 or 87 - Still performing in his early 70s, Frank had about 2/3 the voice but 100% of the style that made him famous. There was a reason the man was a legend. I'm grateful I got to find out in person.

You sure Frank Sinatra wasn't 1990 or 91? I think that was the last time he was performing.

I had a chance to see him for free, but being a stupid punk kid I passed....DANG!!! It would be years before I got into Sinatra, and realize what a stupid mistake I made.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    You sure Frank Sinatra wasn't 1990 or 91? I think that was the last time he was performing.

I had a chance to see him for free, but being a stupid punk kid I passed....DANG!!! It would be years before I got into Sinatra, and realize what a stupid mistake I made.
    Sinatra kept performing and recording for a number of years afterwards, but I definitely saw him in concert in the late 1980s.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast