Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Former Sub Helmsman

Re: Best concert you've ever been to?

Barenaked Ladies, Rock Spectacle Tour, May of 1997. Murat Temple Egyptian Room, Indianapolis, Indiana.

This is pre-"One Week", so it was a very small venue. The band had a lot of energy, would play off the crowd, tell jokes, lots of improv. I actually miss that at a lot of their most recent shows. It was back when the only albums they had out were Gordon, Maybe You Should Drive, and Born on a Pirate Ship.

Just a really, really enjoyable show.

T

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I saw Barenaked Ladies back NYE 2005 (or was it 2006?) and I was sadly underwhelmed. I was really looking forward to the show because I heard they're a lot of fun live. They were so mellow and I was honestly bored after a few songs. It was NYE! I was ready to party!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

October 2005 - System of a Down - Oracle Arena Oakland, CA
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Blog Entries

System of a Down are fabulous live! I am going to go with a tie between two very random acts. First is System of a Down at Ozzfest in Devore, CA. I consider that night to be one of the top ten of my life. I loved all the random people coming together to just have fun and hear great music.

The second one is Bette Midler whom I saw at The Arrowhead Pond (or whatever it is called now) about 3 years ago. She gave a fantastic all-around show.

The Roots and Erykah Badu at Radio City Music Hall
    Maxwell and Alicia Keyes at Roseland Ballroom in August 2001.

the absolute best

• MC State Comptroller

I've been to a lot of Concerts on my time on this planet, it is so hard to pick just a few, but i will try

First one comes to mind is U2 - Zoo TV tour Sun Devil Stadium, Phoenix, AZ 1992- Just awesome. Plus one of the last live performances from The Sugarcubes (not a big fan) and a surprise appearance from Public Enemy who actually came out and preformed even after saying they wouldn't because Arizona did not have a MLK day.

Neil Diamond - Glendale Arena, Glendale, AZ 2007 - First, but hopefully not last Diamond concert. My wife and I were in the cheap seats, but he put on such a show that it felt like it was front row center. He is full of energy and his songs and band just rock.

The Who - Universal Amphitheater, Universal City, CA 1989 - The 25th anniversary Reunion tour. I was 12 at the time and i remember bugging my parents non-stop for tickets to the show, all the while my mom saying to me "You're 12, how do you like The Who?!?!". Finally i go to get the mail one day and in the box is an envelope with 2 tickets 7 rows from stage for The Who at Universal Amphitheater!!! The show is awesome with Elton John, Phil Collins and Billy Idol preforming Tommy with the who. Next to the birth of my son and my wedding, It was the greatest day I ever had and just thinking about it makes me tear up and really miss my mom.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I saw Amy Grant in 2005 here in town. It was a very simple show.......and we had 5th row seats......it was not some fancy light show like she had in the 80's and early 90's......it was just simple........sincere. We loved it.......she had so much interaction with the audience.....discussed pieces of her life pre-divorce, post divorce and about her marriage.........sang songs.......it was a very nice evening, indeed. We felt like we got to know her as a person, as opposed to the ARTIST we've always known.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Teenage Fanclub at the Ventura Theatre on a cold and stormy night. About 10 of us showed up/ It was like a private concert, and we sat on stage and talked and drank with the band as they played.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345