Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Disney Infinity: MiceChatland

While talking to Dusty, we've come up with this idea in which he's allowed me to conjure up plans to build MiceChatland. We want your feedback on how this place should look like. We'll be updating everyone with pictures of the construction as it happens and with the ability to upload this creation, we hope to be able to get everyone of you to try it out for yourself.

Another thing we are hoping to get off the ground for MiceChat are reviews of not just the game, but also the various play sets, figures and power discs as they come out.

So with the game's release right around the corner, lets begin the discussion. What would you like to see in MiceChatland? Should it stay true to the Disney format of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom or not resemble the parks at all?

Construction begins soon! Are you ready?

Also, are you on Google+? If so follow MiceChat's Google+ Page which I help manage and run with the MiceChat crew. It's updated daily and will also include the latest behind the scenes photos of the construction of MiceChatland when it begins, so don't miss out!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-21-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Seasick

Re: Disney Infinity: MiceChatland

This game could be the *greatest* thing ever for Disney fans, and I'm very curious to hear what the reviews are like. So far I haven't heard anything. Will it be good or mediocre? Fingers crossed for the former.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

I believe the embargo is lifted Friday night for the reviews, but I could be wrong. From the Minecraft community, I've heard a lot of great things about it. Toy Box mode seems to be what is attracting most people. The Play Sets may be hit or miss so that will be something to look at. They do offer 7-10+ hours of gameplay for each set which is great considering a lot of games run that same length.

What may be a miss is having to fork out so much money on the extra figures, play sets and power discs. It will all come down to finding deals on the figures so that it doesn't hurt your wallet too bad. Disney is really behind this and with the amount of franchises they have at there finger tips, this should work out well for them and us the consumer. At least we hope so.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Just this guy......

I have yet to see anything about prices. What have you all heard about the prices for the sets and for the figures?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I have yet to see anything about prices. What have you all heard about the prices for the sets and for the figures?
    Amazon's got listings up - basic Xbox 360 starter $75, Villains 3-pack $25 (looks like the basic 3-pack price), individual figures $13, power discs (2 in pack) $5.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Come launch on Sunday, there are a few sales going on that help lessen the price of the figures, play sets and power discs.

Target: Pre-Order Bonus: 1 free single character, 1 free Wave 1 Power Disck Pack.
    Extra: 50% off Cars and Lone Ranger Play Sets during launch week.
    25% off all Disney Infinity accessories.

Toys-R-Us: Pre-Order: 1 free single character and 1 free Power Disc Pack (does not specify TRU Exclusive or Regular).
    EXCLUSIVE: Carrying Case, Capsule, 'Crystal' Characters, Power Disc Folder and 10 TRU Exclusive Power Discs (possibly just early released Wave 2 and 3 Discs)
    Specials: Buy 1 Infinity item get any 1 item 50% off
    Buy 1 Power Disc Pack get one for 1$ off.
    Extra: Printable 20% off coupon on any ONE Disney Infinity item, valid until 8/24.

GameStop: Pre-Order Bonus: 1 free single figure, 1 free regular Wave 1 Power Pack.
    The First 30 Guests get a free Disney Infinity Mini Magazine.
    10% Off the Strategy Guide when you purchase the stater pack.
    30% Extra in store credit on everything you trade towards infinity.
    Exra: You can also use any GameStop Power-Up Rewards coupons on your purchase.

Best Buy: Pre-Order/Purchase Bonus: Get 1 free Power Disc Capsule Holder, 1 free single character.

Amazon: Pre-Order Bonus: Get 1 free figure and 1 free regular Power Disc Pack.

Downtown Disney: Bonus: Early release August 16th at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, may be given a free power disc pack or free figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Amazon's got listings up - basic Xbox 360 starter $75, Villains 3-pack $25 (looks like the basic 3-pack price), individual figures $13, power discs (2 in pack) $5.
    Play Sets such as the Cars one

are $34.99, but as I stated in my last post Target is selling this and the Lone Ranger Play Set for half off at $17.50.

•   
    • Minion

well if you are a PS3 owner it appears they are having freeze issues. I will now wait to pick this up until I here they are patched.

• Perfect Insanity

Walmart online only has the 3 packs for about $15. I just ordered them today for my son (and me). We had preordered the game with extra figures at Gamestop so grabbed those at the mall then to Target to get the double packs they have half off. The mall only had the Cars set. They never got the Lone Ranger ones in. So we were lucky and found them at a different Target near by. Really those are some good deals. BTW I read that TRU is suppose to be doing a power disc trade day on Sept 7th during certain hours. So if that is true that will be nice.

BTW, my son was having a blast playing this. He is 11. It was fun to watch. We went a little nuts on the buying today cause of the deals too so we need only 3 more once the Walmart order comes and will have one extra.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

My inital plan was to only get an additional 2 figures because of the Buy one get one 50% deal at Toys R Us. With all the deals, Walmart included, I ended up buying every single launch figure. Unexpected, but price matching at Best Buy to use my gift cards ate more than half of that burden. Although the PS3 version is crippled because of the patch, not installing the patch and playing offline s really fun. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the game. The Dumbo vehicle is tough to get used to so its nice to be able to practice on my own. Hopefully they patch this issue up tomorrow at the soonest.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I traded in 2 games and got Disney Infinity with one free character (Mater) and 2 power disks for only 28 bucks...then went to Walmart and got the Lone Ranger and Companion Pack for 38 bucks...so far I've only spent 66 bucks and I have 9 Characters so pretty good deal.

• Perfect Insanity

We got the xbox version here. I forgot we had a giftcard for TRU so we didn't go by there today and I saw the sale on them when we got home. We had wanted to get the 3 packs at Target since they were such a good deal. Then saw the Walmart online sale so couldn't pass those up for sure and decided to toss in a power disc pack to surprise the son. But we will have to stop by TRU tomorrow and see what is there to get the last 3 we need.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

I don't have any the game consoles Infinity is designed for, but I love the figures. I bought Mike, Violet , and Dash. The paint jobs on them are fantastic. If my friends get Infinity for their consoles, then at least I'll have a couple of figures to play along with.
    My Target was already out of the Cars set, so hopefully the one by my work will have one.

I do want to say that as soon as the PS3 issues get worked out, tentative work on MiceChatland can begin. If anyone has ideas on what they would like to see please do say.

I can't believe how fast the crystal Lighting McQueen went. I was at TRU early in the morning and was one of the first to buy. By the afternoon when I had gone back they were gone. I haven't made trips to various stores since Black Friday. All for a game.
    Last edited by Explicit; 08-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.

i thought the crystal Lighting McQueen was only at Toys R Us. He was gone by the time I made it over there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast