Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIII on 360

I'm not into JRPG, but this one is a huge exclusive to go multi.

http://kotaku.com/5025018/final-fant...ng-to-xbox-360

Breaking news from the Microsoft E3 2008 press conference. Square Enix head honcho Yoichi Wada took the stage to announce Final Fantasy XIII for the Xbox 360.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Re: Final Fantasy XIII on 360

Yes!!!!

• DCA FTW!

Yea, watched the press conference this morning. Very Very excited about this and the new dash board replacement because the old dash is very unintuitive.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I like the current dash.. except a few minor details. I'm assuming the full conference will make itself onto xboxlive? I was catching tidbits of the conference earlier in the day but my day went into hellspin about 11am eastern today so no news since!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

With the way the Economy is going it was bound to happen and since each XBOX 360 processor has 2 Hardware Threads on it running at CPU Clock Speed that means the XBOX 360 has 3 CPUs with 2 threads each which all though not as fast as the PS3s Cell its enough to do what FFXIII Does in the White Engine, especially since the XBOX 360s GPU is more powerful than the PS3. Also this is kind a shock and disappointment to me but I do own a PS3 so ehh.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Why is it a dissapointment? The days of ezclusibes are coming to an end. Games are vetting so big one console can't cover the cost of creating the game. Embrace the multi and the developers will keep supplying us with big AAA titles.

Posting from a iPod so the spelling sucks
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

without exclusives whats the point of getting one system over the other?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    without exclusives whats the point of getting one system over the other?
    and what would be the problem with that?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Frankly it would be nice to be able to talk without somebody having an anurism because I prefer my 360 to my PS3 or Wii. How about talking about the merits of a game rather than who's processor is bigger? Let fanboyism die for gods sake.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Seasick

Considering how pricey they are, I welcome the day when I don't need a 360 and a PS3 because of exclusive games. Hard to imagine Microsoft or Sony conceding though.

I wonder if this will help the 360 in Japan, or do most FF fans already have a PS3 anyway?

I expect Nintendo would continue with their own consoles regardless. They actually make a profit on console sales (unlike Sony) and seem to serve a different market.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Disneyland is your land.

While I understand the complaint that these gaming systems are getting more expensive, the price stays relatively in check beacuse of the competition of the three companies. If there was just one big giant company (for example: the MAN gaming co.) then they could charge whatever price they wanted because there would be no alternative.

Competition can be brutal, but also is necessary. I would rather have a choice between a PS3, 360, or Wii instead of the MAN gaming co. console set at whatever price they feel the right to charge. Just my $.02.

As for the announcment. I'm surprised but not shocked. It was bound to happen at some point and with the 360 having a larger installed base in the States than the PS3 it makes perfect business sense for Square.

And yes, I'm a 360 owner and a big FF fan, so I'm stoked all around for the deal. Now just give me MGS4 and my 360 library will be complete!

And of course, deep down the 360 fanboy in me has a big smile on his face.
    Class of 2005...

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I'm not talking about one console, I'm talking about all games being multi-platform. But even if we were talking about a single format, exactly how has it not worked for DVD players or pc's? If anything look at Apple a an example of how proprietary formats work against the consumer. Do you think we would still have iPods this expensive if everybody could make them?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

why do you think the wii is so popular? because ALOT of its games are exclusive so you need a WII. its that simple
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• DCA FTW!

Exclusive games are the only reason why I'd buy a certain console. I like Nintendo games so I have to have Wii for that reason alone then there's the fact of the new control scheme and you got a lot of new ways of playing on the Wii that make the games that come to it very exclusive.

When it comes to Xbox & PS3, the xbox has got more exclusives than the ps3 at the moment and sadly the exclusives for the PS3 haven't been that great except for two titles (but thats my opinion MGS4 & Uncharted in case you wanted to know ).

Final Fantasy XIII was going to be the selling point for me to pick up the PS3 but now its not and there's a high probability that MGS4 will be on the 360 later on too so now I don't have to get a ps3. : )

Some one asked about 360 in japan getting this. It's not, FFXIII remains an exclusive to PS3 in Japan which makes sense since the 360 is almost non existent there.
    Last edited by Coast21; 07-15-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Exclusive games are the only reason why you buy a certain console
    I think that is a bit extreme. Today that is a driving force, but its not the sole reason.

You could like the focus the games have..
    You could prefer the capabilities of the system...
    You could prefer the additional options provided...
    The controlers.. the peripherals.. etc

In a land where games are on both sides - the choice returns to buying what you WANT rather then what you are forced to buy to get a certain title.

At $400+ investments for a console - buying a console just for a certain game or two isn't that practical. Its one thing to buy an additional console because you want additional titles offered... but am I going to buy a PS3 just for Grand Turismio? Hell no

The downside to such efforts though is when a title does not reach its full potential due to feature sets being designed with 'greatest common denominator' thinking. What you don't want to see is flat ports across the board. Making the most of each platform should still be a goal, but when decisions are made purely for financial reasons.. that usually is left out.

Square has played the exclusive card to their favor for years.. first it was nintendo.. then sony.. etc.

Exclusives have many positive attributes... but I don't want to swing to the total opposite which is 'flat consoles' where they are just different variations of the same platform.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast