Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 'splosions

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

its out and its garnered the type of reviews i predicted for it.

Poor Lucasarts. They're more concerned about what the game engine can do rather than what it does for the game.

This game really feels like I'm playing some kind of advertisement for the DMM and Euphoria engines that have been touted so much in their press releases.

now all that being said, the story is incredibly intriguing, Starkiller is a great character and PROXY is officially the coolest droid ever.

discuss

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

If you are looking to purchase this week - Toys R Us is giving a $20 gift card with purchase of the game for the PS3 or the Xbox 360.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• 'splosions

Aw man! I do love Toy R Us, but i hate their game department. most uninformed kids in the world.

• Seasick

From what I've read, it's an average game and probably would have been pretty good if they'd taken more time to iron out the bugs, camera issues, etc. Guess it just had to be out for the holiday season, sigh.

Sounds like the PS3 and 360 are the versions to get, and to skip the Wii version.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

I really wanted this game but after X-play gave it a 2 out of 5 saing no repeatability, Bad game play, bugs, and the fact the Euphoria didnt work as wel as they touted. I just followed their Idea went to youtube and watched all the cutscenes put together.... That satisfied me enough and it was an awesome story

I'm interested to see the Wii version. The extra levels and duel modes look fun.

I was really interested until I played the demo on the marketplace. I might rent it as I love Star Wars.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• Earth Intruder

Sad that everything with George Lucas' name attached to it now turns to sh*t, but... there are people who will pay to be tortured by him and his company :-\. Sad, really. Knights of the Old Republic was such a cool game (as were all of the old school LucasArts games... Sam & Max, Full Throttle, The Dig, Monkey Island, etc.)
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• 'splosions

Thats the thing though. theres a good game in there somewhere! its just hidden under all the bugs and such that usually come with a Lucasarts game nowadays. you expect the bugs, glitches, etc, but not the good game!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Sad that everything with George Lucas' name attached to it now turns to sh*t, but... there are people who will pay to be tortured by him and his company :-\. Sad, really. Knights of the Old Republic was such a cool game (as were all of the old school LucasArts games... Sam & Max, Full Throttle, The Dig, Monkey Island, etc.)

Am i the only one who likes this game?? Yes..its not the "Game of the Year" but i enjoy playing it. Its kinda fun walking about obliterating every guy that comes at you. As for repeatability... Im playing through it for the second time... so there is some.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Am i the only one who likes this game?? Yes..its not the "Game of the Year" but i enjoy playing it. Its kinda fun walking about obliterating every guy that comes at you. As for repeatability... Im playing through it for the second time... so there is some.

Are there a whole bunch of load screens? Does the game get repetitive? Im still interested in it. Maybe ill wait till it gets a tad lower in price.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Im still gonna play it someday. Its on my gamefly rental queue if I like it enough I will by it through gamefly at a cheaper price.

• far, far away from DL

I really like the game. It has a great story. I like flicking Stormtroopers around. One thing I would like to change would be making the game longer. Maybe they can add some extra planets on xbox live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuklhed View Post
    Are there a whole bunch of load screens? Does the game get repetitive? Im still interested in it. Maybe ill wait till it gets a tad lower in price.
    There are a great deal of load screens (and surprisingly long for a game that installs to the PS3 hard drive). Not sure how it is on the 360, this is the first cross-platform game I've bought for the PS3...primarily due to lack of multiplayer.

Although with all the glitches on the 360 I've been hearing about, apparently I made the right choice. I've yet to have a problem with mine (though it did freeze once).

Yeah, the boss battles can get fairly repetitive. And I suppose some of the rest can be considered repetitive, there are changes in how the enemies react to your different powers, but at any rate if it can be called repetitive its a fun repetitive. Going bowling with a pile of wookies and a nice large rock never gets old. Nor does the sound Jawas make when you hit them with your force lightning and throw them into a wall.

Despite the faults, I don't regret buying the game at full price at all. It's very entertaining, has great graphics/cutscenes/story, and sounds amazing in surround sound. And most of all its just fun to play.

Thanks DT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast