• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Tell me about the SIMS and why I should or should NOT buy this game...

Pretty simple.
    Convince me to buy (or not buy) this game. I've heard OF it, but I know virtually nothing ABOUT it.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Tell me about the SIMS and why I should or should NOT buy this game...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherVillainess
    Pretty simple.
    Convince me to buy (or not buy) this game. I've heard OF it, but I know virtually nothing ABOUT it.

TOV
    i heard that it is only a game you can play over the internet with others who have it installed on their computer too. plus you have to make sure your computer has all of the right system requirements.

• The Unknown Princess

There are many SIMS games. There is one that you can play online, The Sims Online (yeah I know very original ) and there are offliner games too. They have many expansion packs to go with the offliner ones. The newest edition to the Sims Saga is Sims 2.0 which has an actual aging feature (sorry not techie enough to figure out the correct terminology) that you can watch your sim (character) grow older and then eventually die but also pass your genes on to the next generation.

Its fun to create a house and fulfill your goals but I've heard of cases of people that would spend so much time working on their Sims Life that they forget about their Real Life. Of course, that warning can go with much different electronic games and devices.

• Bear Country Refugee

The Sims is evil! It has the power to warp time and make hours disappear in an instant! You will become obsessed. You will forget to eat, bathe, sleep. You will abandon your loved ones; their names will be forgotten.

And, when you are not actually playing the game, you will spend countless hours on the internet downloading new objects and sims; and your hard drive will be filled to the brim with these things. ďI canít leave for your graduation yet, honey. I need to find the perfect Victorian lamp for bedroom in my simís house!Ē

But, on the other hand, itís a hell of a lot of fun!
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

OMG!!! All this Information is wrong. It is not the sims 2.0 it is The Sims 2
    They already have expansion for it I suggest it is a buy. If you have any Questions about the sims PM me

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by hilsbro
    OMG!!! All this Information is wrong. It is not the sims 2.0 it is The Sims 2
    They already have expansion for it I suggest it is a buy. If you have any Questions about the sims PM me
    Pardon a typo after a long day at work. Don't need to get all bashy about it

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I've been a Sims player since the origional Sims 1 in 2000. (A whopping 5 years ago.) Nealy $600 later, I still love the Sims. Looking forward to the next Sims 2 expansion Nightlife which comes out next week. If you do decide to buy The Sims 2, buy the base game, play it until your bored, then buy University, then play until your bored, and then buy Nightlife. That will greatly lengthen your play time.
    -Monorail Man