Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Animal Crossing - City Folk

Yes, I play Animal Crossing. They just came out with the Wii version of Animal Crossing. It is definitely better than the DS version, and in some ways better than the Game Cube game. However, I sometimes still drag out the Game Cube version of the game, so I can hear the train whistle, and travel from my one town of Blueberg, to my other town of Reddberg.

My grandson, and I share our love for the game. He loves to fish. I remember when he caught all the fish in the Game Cube version of the game, and he got the fish decoration over his house. I soon followed with the same accomplishment, but he beat me to it.

I have been able to get my town perfect, and get great points from the Happy Academy.

The fishing is better in the City Folk version.

I like playing with a Mii face, or changing my hairstyle when I get the whim.

I sometimes, cheat, and change the clock.

If you know what I am talking about, than perhaps you play Animal Crossing also.

• DCA FTW!

Re: Animal Crossing - City Folk

LOL, I know what you're talkin about

I haven't picked up the Wii version just yet but plan on doing so since I'm a fan of the DS and GameCube versions.

I must admit though, I'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't change the looks of it or change out it starts off.. Not looking forward to being nooks slave again.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Seasick

I was planning to get this until I heard it's pretty much a clone of previous versions. If Nintendo had added more new elements, this would have been an easy sale. A shame as the Gamecube one was quite enjoyable.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Circle of Ancients

We picked up the Wii version last week, it's for our daughter for Christmas. But I can't wait to play it.

• 'splosions

these are generally the same kind of statements that have kept me from buying it yet, which saddens me because i preordered it with such high hopes =/

i think i'll just pick up LittleBigPlanet today instead

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I must admit though, I'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't change the looks of it or change out it starts off.. Not looking forward to being nooks slave again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I was planning to get this until I heard it's pretty much a clone of previous versions. If Nintendo had added more new elements, this would have been an easy sale. A shame as the Gamecube one was quite enjoyable.

• Circle of Ancients

Nintendo is pretty famous for not really changing a whole lot on their games though.

Look at Mario Kart or Paper Mario, etc. The strorylines of the games are different, but usually the look/feel/game-play is the same. Nobody should be surprised when this happens with Nintendo.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Nintendo is pretty famous for not really changing a whole lot on their games though.

Look at Mario Kart or Paper Mario, etc. The strorylines of the games are different, but usually the look/feel/game-play is the same. Nobody should be surprised when this happens with Nintendo.
    Very true, but the Mario Kart series at leasts tweaks play modes and adds new courses. It really sounds like Animal Crossing is virtually a port of the DS version, with some online elements added in:

Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii Review - Wii Animal Crossing: City Folk Review

"Animal Crossing: City Folk looks, sounds, and plays a little too much like its predecessor on the DS to be worthwhile if you already own that game. The visuals are cute and colorful, but dated. The cheery audio isn't as impressive on the Wii in 2008 as it was on the DS in 2005. Furthermore, the gameplay is largely unchanged and, unless you're at home with your Wii at all times of the day, it's better suited to the DS. With all of that said, City Folk is every bit as engaging and entertaining as its predecessors and so, if you managed to miss out on those and have an hour or so to spare every day for the next year, you'd do well to move in."
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Very true, but the Mario Kart series at leasts tweaks play modes and adds new courses. It really sounds like Animal Crossing is virtually a port of the DS version, with some online elements added in:

Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii Review - Wii Animal Crossing: City Folk Review

"Animal Crossing: City Folk looks, sounds, and plays a little too much like its predecessor on the DS to be worthwhile if you already own that game. The visuals are cute and colorful, but dated. The cheery audio isn't as impressive on the Wii in 2008 as it was on the DS in 2005. Furthermore, the gameplay is largely unchanged and, unless you're at home with your Wii at all times of the day, it's better suited to the DS. With all of that said, City Folk is every bit as engaging and entertaining as its predecessors and so, if you managed to miss out on those and have an hour or so to spare every day for the next year, you'd do well to move in."
    Oh ... I hadn't read any reviews.

That doesn't sound too fun. May have to re-think our purchase.

• 'splosions

Thats true in some respects, but my roommate recently dug out her N64 and started playing Paper Mario and i couldnt help but notice the IMMENSE differences between that and Super Paper Mario.

namely the battle system, switching from 2-D to 3-D, etc.

Then you have the Metroid series turning from a platforming game to a FPS

Big N makes some changes sometimes, i just think that Animal Crossing fell into the "Why fix it?" hole.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If you buy the guidebook for Animal Crossing, it shows all of the different things that you can do in Animal Crossing City Folk. Some of the things are the same as in the Game Cube, and the DS version. Some of the things are different.

First of all there is quite a few things that you can do with a slingshot. I personally have not used my slingshot yet. Next time I see a balloon sailing by, I will get my slingshot out.

About catching a bee. I have given up on that. I can't grab the net out of the pocket fast enough to even come close.

I like the fact that you don't have to mail your fossil away to get it identified.

I don't like the fact that the tools of the game, can't be ordered from your catalogue.

I do like the fact that there are 4 different houses in 4 different locations.

Riding the bus to town is fun, and you can see the Kap'n that used to row the boat out to the island. He still flirts, and he is still funny.

I'll think of more, and be back with those.

Animal Crossing - the same game with a few new twists.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

anyone want to be my neighbor?

PM me!

• or CBF

Why don't we all post our friend codes here, that way we have a network of MC neighbors?

My code is: 1590-8947-7051
    Name: Frankie
    Town: Whoville
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

About catching a bee. I have given up on that. I can't grab the net out of the pocket fast enough to even come close.
    Just got animal crossing for Christmas, we should share friend codes so I can make some cash off of your fruits. I've got peaches.

Any how if you hit right on the D-pad of the wiimote it will take you right to your net or other tool, which comes in handy for getting those pesky bugs that are underground. I just got the silver shovel from Resetti, you can catch him some times at night (after 8:00pm) in the city, the cones to the right move over so you can pass under the bridge. Also, I noticed that the net and fishing pole can be casted or swung by flicking the wiimote.

Overall I'm liking it, the one thing I didn't like about Wild World was the lack of American Holidays but this version seems to have it coverd.

Blog Entries

I just got this and started playing last night. It is fun but I think it is a pain to move around sometimes. Maybe I am just not used to it yet though. I will post my friend code as soon as I get it.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    I just got this and started playing last night. It is fun but I think it is a pain to move around sometimes. Maybe I am just not used to it yet though. I will post my friend code as soon as I get it.
    I agree with the pointer it becomes a little troublesome. But if you connect the nunchuck attachment you get better control over your character using the Joystick.

My friend code for ACCF is:
    1848-5848-9589
    City: Dizytown
    Name: Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast