Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

Re: Petition to bring back VMK!

oh no i see one girl under 18 hah

• Banned User

VMK never had an age limit and anyone could play the game even 5 year olds though 99% were age 10+. It served its purpose and is gone. The are making money off of Pirates, Tink's Pixie Hollow, the Cars site, Toontown, and Club Penguin. The site could be run like Club Penguin but basically it aint coming back ever unless you happen to be a billionaire.

I was sweephunter and captain blue toes.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Because it had a good run and it was time for it to move on. VMK was an online promotion, originally developed by the Parks division to coincide with Disneyland's 50th birthday. They had no intention of keeping it around long-term. It also didn't generate any revenue, so it made it expensive to operate.
    I know they said that they had no intention of keeping it around longterm, but their actions said otherwise. They may plenty of longterm decisions, but over time, I think they just learned your last point - it wasn't generating enough revenue to justify the expense, especially if they had a big license renewal expense to pay at the end of their third year.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    - Captain-Nemo... Fireworks CHAMPION!

Long live VMK
    You were Captain-Nemo??! I admired you so much. Haha.
    I loved VMK and miss it dearly. So many times I tried to quit it but I was addicted. The website made me further from my family which was bad. I didn't want to do anything other than talk on the phone with my bff and play VMK with her at the same time. Oh well. VMK made me realize my true dreams- becoming an Imagineer. I met so many great friends and let my imagination run wild. You can't even compare VMK to all those other sites they call "fun" and "Disney." Oh well. Nothing gold can stay. All through life I must loose people and things I love and so will you, but thats just life. Also, did VMK really cost Disney money to run?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Smile Re: Petition to bring back VMK!

I can help. Is there a way?
    Elf Island Petite Fairy
    vmk alpharanda

• Who are you again?

money, money, money, purpose, purpose, purpose

seriesly people! just becuase a game dosent have a pupose, besides being an 'promotinal ad' for the 50th dosent mean you can just throw it out a window and forget about it! becase if it stays there, it will mock you forever.....
    and even though it doesnt have a mebership fee also, does not mean to forget it, hello? arnt we currently in an economic crisis here? (not that I kinda care, im 14) and Maple Story dosent have a membership fee ( the nexion cash cards dont count, it gives you money for clothing and stuff, not membership) and yet its still here! strong and well! but, if you look down deep enough, you will see VMK did have a purpose: to be able to go to Disneyland or WDW with out even leaving the comfort of your own home, or pay for overpriced airline fees! and to make friends, to have fun....basicaly like every other online video game there is in this world!
    so just bring the game back you pinheads!!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but Disney went to great lengths to make VMK go away. I doubt an Internet petition--no matter how many signatures it has--will inspire them to bring it back.
    Don't worry about this guy /\

Judging by his picture.... he is some adult that wants to ruin peoples dreams

~babs

• I am McLovin.

I love this game so much! I was koolashley. But I'm not so sure that they'll bring it back. Who knows what Disney will do at all. But, better safe than sorry. *signs petition*
    Oh. That looks nice.
    -TikiRoomLiz

• Future Princess

I signed
    I'd love to see VMK come back! It was the only online world i was still a part of and then it just disappeared
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

• Faerie Godmother

The only thing I really liked about VMK was the "dollhouse" feature. Collecting the themed rooms and furnishings and coming up with interesting ways to arrange them was a hoot, and I would pay for a Disneyland game where that was the focus, and any other features were only there in support of it. I wanted to set up a complex of rooms called "Club Wicked" that would be a social club for the Disney Villains--there would be a hunting lodge, a black magic workshop, a dinner theatre/dance hall, and so on. But I wasn't able to access my account for several months due to computer specs issues, and it got canceled on me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that VMK would need a lot of work in order to interest me if they brought it back as the same sort of MMORPG it was. In particular, I would like to see:

* Better moderation. I don't know whether they were understaffed or underauthorized or what, but it was fiendishly difficult to get any help from the moderators. Whether some bratty user was using creative dictionary workarounds to badger people or a glitch ate your money, you were pretty much left to your own devices.

* More games and quests taking place in the virtual park itself, as opposed to secondary engines. The fact that you couldn't interact with the main game "world" while playing most of the games broke immersion for me, and the fact that most of the controls for said game were entirely different from those used while just wandering the park and guest rooms made things unnecessarily difficult.

* More, and more satisfying, ways to earn game money. For instance, cooperating with other players on quests rather than just competing with them in games. Or double-clicking on a handful of NPCs once a day.

* For that matter, more NPCs, including some that are not limited to appearing in one location.

* A game dictionary that is exclusive rather than inclusive--that is, instead of disallowing all words except those on the permitted list, it should allow all words except for those on a forbidden list. This would go a long way toward alleviating the frustration felt by those of us trying to say interesting things only to find out that words like "devious" were not on the list.

* A higher presumed age bracket. Seriously. The number of actual grade schoolers playing was negligible compared to the number of teens and adults frustrated beyond sanity that they couldn't say "Be back in five minutes" or "I can't flirt with you; I'm married." This would also allow the content to be more intellectually stimulating.

* Magic that is useful rather than just providing cosmetic special effects. Seriously, what's the point of having your character stand in a shower of gold?

Basically, make it less like a glorified chatroom, and more like an MMORPG. There's a lot of potential there if they're willing to tap it.
    More to Disneyland than meets the eye? You don't know the half of it...
    Knights of the Magic Kingdom

I'll miss VMK forever. What a great place.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Karalora, good post! I had a lot of problems on VMK. I'm pretty sure it was too much for my poor computer to handle, especially during the games, which was frustrating when I was trying to reach a certain point level to complete a quest. I got kicked out of games often because it would just crash. All in all, VMK itself was an incredible memory, one I will never forget, and one that to this day I am still sad is gone.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Unless you can beat 25,000 signatures (which Disney recieved and let down from one of the leading vmk anti-closing websites) you're out of luck....

• LoveLoveLove~

you know, VMK was great while it lasted... if Disney came up with something similar to VMK I sure would be glad. I really miss VMK. It actually gave me something to do before I joined MC.
    Pearl Sapphire Blue Forever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12